F1 2017 Season

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Drama at Planetf1.com:
I'm literally crying my eyes out right now.

I blame Hamilton for this. The way he has behaved the last few months is disgraceful. Please Toto sack him !!!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fair play for what exactly leaving his team in a difficult situation ? He'll be back in a season or two.

His behaviour this season means for me i wont consider him a class act but he's no Vettel. Did like him before this season.
What difficult situation :lol: there's plenty of drivers out there, any 1 of them could drive it. Button perhaps? :drool:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Wanted to see how Lewis would react to Nico next season but I have no complaints with Nico's decision.

My favourite driver of the past few seasons has gone out at the top; a champion.

Come on Max and Ricciardo in 2017!!

Rooney1987

Same on twitter too.
I would of like to see him defend his title, cant help but feel there is way more to this story.
Maybe but maybe it's just nothing 31, a F1 world champion, and a multi millionaire. Might just want to have fun.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Dont really follow F1 anymore but did Rosberg and Hamilton have issues or something?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Has he not also retired , what about Kimi ??
He was forceably retired as they had to get Vandoorne in or lose him. Jenson has obviously accepted that and he seems happy with it, but given the chance of 1 more season in a Mercedes? I bet he would jump at that.

Realistically though I think they will promote Ocon or Wehrlein for a year. Make Lewis clear number 1 and all the team pressure goes away.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Only have a passing interest in F1 but I'm shocked at Rosberg's decision. Wish him all the best in retirement, came across as a really classy guy & fair play for going out as the champion.

Rooney1987

You make a good argument, but not to defend his world title, next season he would be in a better car !
From what I have been reading on social media, Lewis is taking a hammering for his, unfairly I think.
I think you're probably right, was just a different opinion.

Lewis always does, he doesn't exactly help himself but he's always getting heat. Some will always hate the guy. He's won 2 titles at Merc to Nico's 1 I'm sure he won't lose any sleep over this. Sure he'd have liked to have reclaimed the title by beating Nico but still.

I am seeing a lot of "put Max or Alonso in the seat, show Lewis who is boss" sort of comments. Sad but it is what it is.

spwd

Fantastic but very surprising news, don't have to listen to or see the smug whinging arsehole, F1 will be better without him.

Impulse

Hopefully Alonso gets the seat, he's far too good a driver to be stuck in that crappy McLaren.

Giggsy92

It's a shock but makes sense when you think about it. Wonder if he knows something about next year's Merc that we don't?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Very surprising, good way to go out though.

As a McLaren fan I'd obviously want Alonso to stay and drag the next doorstop around, but would also love to see a proper battle between him and Hamilton in equal machinery again. Hope they don't get a clear number 2 anyway.

starman

I have not followed F1 as of late but is this down to his relationship with Hamilton?

Last edited:

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
BBC user comments are full of crazy conspiracies:lol:
Can't fault him to call it a day. Maybe he made a promise to his daughter or someone to stop when he's won it, dunno. And he isn't leaving Mercedes in a bad situation, everyone will want to dive for them.

spwd

Wonder if there was actually anything in the Verstappen chat with Toto?

NotworkSte

Did not see that coming. Guess Nico answered my question from the 2016 thread on how Mercedes is going to manage this.
Could think of many things to say, but I won't, good driver, great car, nice guy and history will show he was Champion.
Now to see what Mercedes do with the seat.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
My original silly season post came to mind when I was actually thinking the Lewis/Nico issue could be solved with Max to Merc and Lewis to Red Bull.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
:lol: at coward Rosberg. What a crap champion. Winners defend their titles.

spwd

:lol:
Very good:lol:

Lewis hasn't retired mate ;)
:nono:

Nico isn't the first teammate to have problems with Hamiltons cocky attitude and nor will he be the last.
So you're telling me Nico hasn't been a cocky ignorant ass who can't take responsibility for knocking his teammate and other drivers off the track when video clearly shows him not turning the car and causing accidents, he's an ass and has quit because he knows he won't ever win it again the pussy, I used to really like him but can't stand the site of him now, so glad he's gone and he won't come back because he's at his best now and will only get worse while Lewis will go on to win more championships because he's a lot better driver, rant over :p

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Well well, didn't see that coming. Guess that means that Merc can make Hamilton no1 driver. Or sack Hamilton and bring in Max as no1
Rosberg's always been a bit of an odd ball in F1. He's done well to win a title. Hamilton might be a tw@t, but he's a very talented driver. It would be great to see a title battle between Hamilton & Verstappen in 2017. That really would make F1 exciting again.

Leg-End

Don't really get it, I mean yeah by all means go out on top but 31 is a crazy age to give up a career, especially one that most would kill to have and pays extraordinarily well.