F1 2017 Season

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
I see a number of you posters are new to the Indy car series. F1 is fabulous but there is a lot of passing in Indy cars, as you have seen. I have watched probably 40 to 50 Indy 500s in my lifetime and this one was memorable. The driving was extremely aggressive. One to remember. And doesn't Helio give a great interview.

spwd

I see a number of you posters are new to the Indy car series. F1 is fabulous but there is a lot of passing in Indy cars, as you have seen. I have watched probably 40 to 50 Indy 500s in my lifetime and this one was memorable. The driving was extremely aggressive. One to remember. And doesn't Helio give a great interview.
Is there any other races you would recommend watching because I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Barbara Charles

Is there any other races you would recommend watching because I thoroughly enjoyed that.
Indy car racing is an entire series, so check the website for the dates. Also, check out endurance racing. (Yes, I watch a LOT of motor sports). LeMans 24 hour endurance is the first weekend in June: not to be missed. (I won't make you watch the entire race).

Also: British touring cars. They race only on British tracks and the action is crazy. Crashs, going into the grass, passing, it's all there. (Support Gordon Sheddon or I'm done with you.

Also, rallycross is a form of racing that has jumped in popularity. Cars like tricked up VWs and Subarus race on dirt in several heats and then a final in the course of a day.

Lamborghini has its own series in the US: don't know if you can see it on TV but maybe it is streamed. Lambos: vroom.

Barbara Charles

Oh, I forgot. There are two rallycross series: British and World. I follow the British and whatever races they have in America. Tanner Foust is the driver you want to support. Or else.

carlosp

Indy car racing is an entire series, so check the website for the dates. Also, check out endurance racing. (Yes, I watch a LOT of motor sports). LeMans 24 hour endurance is the first weekend in June: not to be missed. (I won't make you watch the entire race).

Also: British touring cars. They race only on British tracks and the action is crazy. Crashs, going into the grass, passing, it's all there. (Support Gordon Sheddon or I'm done with you.

Also, rallycross is a form of racing that has jumped in popularity. Cars like tricked up VWs and Subarus race on dirt in several heats and then a final in the course of a day.

Lamborghini has its own series in the US: don't know if you can see it on TV but maybe it is streamed. Lambos: vroom.
I myself watch DTM, BTC, WRC, Endurance, Nascar and Indy. Don't always watch every race etc. but watch when I can download. Also watch the bikes. :) Moto3 Uber all.

Wicked_Badger

More importantly, does @Wicked_Badger keep his first place?
Just finished watching it now. Dull race, silly Button. Great job by Ferrari all weekend, Mercedes have a bit of work to do.

Looking at the results, I seriously doubt I'm anywhere near the top now. Had Vettel, Bottas & Ocon (his crash in quail really stuffed me!) as drivers, so not the best day at the office!

Enjoying the season over all though. Going to Monza in September which my awesome wife got me for my 30th. First ever GP, can't wait. Hopefully it's still tight in the championships then!

Barbara Charles

I myself watch DTM, BTC, WRC, Endurance, Nascar and Indy. Don't always watch every race etc. but watch when I can download. Also watch the bikes. :) Moto3 Uber all.
What do you do: stream Nascar and Indy? P.S.: There's a big Nascar race on in 2 hours. 600 miler in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Fantasy Leauge after Race 6

pauldyson1uk

OK so this is the standings after Race 6.
Also again a problem with the numbers, but only with one team Wicked_badgers, your points showed up on the team history but did not reflect in the league, so I have done it myself, also your 4 points from the first race have been added.
Not impressed with the website this season , lots of errors, if it does not improve over the season may look to another for next season.

Sadly Wicked_badgers lost his place at the top of the whole thing.

Wicked_badgers keeps his place at the top our league and with a an advantage over TT_Caf of 16 points.
TT_Caf in second place with a cushion of 14 points over Toyoda who leapfrogs me and Cartman to grab 3rd place with slim 2 point lead over me in 4th
TeamRocket with a cracking race with 102 points and going from 13th to 10th.

Teams of the Race.

1st Team Rocket 102 points
2nd Toyoda 99 points
Joint 3rd Red Shift and Rock both with 90

Standings after Race 6

1st saforrest Wicked_badgers 583
2nd the taurean TT_Caf 567
3rd venkman Toyoda 553
4th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 551
5th eric cartman Cartman 551
6th balljy RedShift 521
7th impulse Team 3 518
8th senorgregster Hamilton Academical 513
9th hp88 hp88 508
10th giggsy92 TeamRocket 507
11th evan7788 Evan GP 498
12th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 498
13th christy87 Langers on a mission 468
14th dpansheth Rock 466
15th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 465
16th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 450
17th jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 437
18th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 433
19th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 410
20th dargonk Dargon's crew 410

Next race is Canada 11th June, lights out 19:00 (UK time) , has been a exciting race in the past
You can make your changes until the start of Q1.

Good Luck.

spwd

Oh, I forgot. There are two rallycross series: British and World. I follow the British and whatever races they have in America. Tanner Foust is the driver you want to support. Or else.
Thanks Barbara I just wondered if there were specific races that were usually as good as today's.

I used to watch btc but got bored with it but still love Plato the cocky bugger:lol:
I watch the world rally cross which Tanner is in, but I prefer Bakkerud or Solberg, brilliant to watch either way.

I always try to watch Le Mans too and keep up with WRC.

My favourite motorsport is moto gp though, can't beat it, although top fuel dragsters should be seen live by anyone with a heart beat, absolutely the most mental thing to see, feel and smell, a 2 on the Richter scale :lol:.

Barbara Charles

@spwd : Wellllll, Indy 500 is billed as "The Greatest Spectacle in Motor Racing" so it is admittedly hard to top. The road course races can have a lot of action. Again, check the website for dates. Also, the configurations are at ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IndyCar_Series_racetracks. Two wide is usually the limit on road courses, but those bad boys like to try and squeeze three wide in to pass. As far as Nascar goes, the Daytona500 in February, and the final four races of the Chase (the Chase is based on a knock-out type of racing, points accumulated during the season determining entry to the Chase). The Chase ends at Homestead, Florida in November and that race has the same intensity as Indy, because it is for the championship and no one wants to go home empty-handed.

If I think of any more I will add. However, another race is calling me, and Weekend Dave wants another lager.

Used to love touring cars
Rydell and then Matt Neal (remember him winning as an independent) used to be my favourites back in the 90s - can't remember when I last watched it

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Those Aussie V8s, not sure what series it is, are always a good watch.
Assuming your talking about V8 Supercars. Those races are always entertaining, particularly as they are sturdy enough to swap paint instead of the slightest bump resulting in a DNF

pauldyson1uk

Toto Wolff has described claims Mercedes could quit F1 after the 2018 season as “completely baseless”.

Quotes attributed to former team boss Eddie Jordan in the German press suggested the reigning world champions would likely revert to just being an engine supplier after the end of next season.

But, with Mercedes signed up to the sport until 2020, Wolff has given the reports short shrift.

“Monaco is a place where people like to party and it seems somebody had a bit too much of that," said Wolff in a statement.

“The reports are completely baseless and reflect nothing more than the mischievous speculation of one individual.

“Mercedes has firm contracts for its participation in Formula 1 until the end of 2020 and is currently in discussions about the next competitive cycle with the sport’s new owners.”

Giggsy92

Interesting timing given it sounds like McLaren are going to pull the plug on Honda.

Merc back to McLaren, Hamilton back to McLaren, Alonso vs Hamilton part 2. :drool: Just got to get it all sorted before Alonso buggers off to the States for good.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How can a whole Honda produce such an abomination of an engine?
12km slower than its rivals.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
That's a wonderful gift. Childhood dream equalled I guess, fairytale stuff.

Fantastic qualifying session, Hamilton and Vettel really on it but Lewis loves Canada, always goes well here, figured he'd pull something out and what a lap to do it with.

Canada is usually the best GP on the calendar, qualifying bodes well.