F1 2017 Season

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Look, I don't know you and I'm not trying to be a dick, but why don't you step away from the computer for the rest of the day and go outside. It's quite nice and you're actually taking this way worse than you should
Yeah, you are right. I apologize.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The Daily Mail calls Vettel "Lewis's bitter rival". Stay always classy Daily Fail! Stay always not full nationalist!
Am I right in saying you're not from the UK? Because here bitter rivals is a well used saying that doesn't mean the people involved are actually bitter.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah take a breath and chill man.

Not that there's anything wrong with being so invested though! It sucks when things go badly, but feels amazing when things go perfect. The highs and lows are what makes stuff like sport so appealing to us all :)
Yeah, i got carried away by Ferrari's perfect start to the season. Just like Arsenal.

Last edited:

GloryHunter07

Unlucky for Seb, Kimi and Max, surprised Ferrari didnt pre-emptively pit, or were they scared to bring drivers in?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Unlucky for Seb, Kimi and Max, surprised Ferrari didnt pre-emptively pit, or were they scared to bring drivers in?
Vettel told them his tyres were gone, but they didn't listen to him. Should have gone in after Bottas overtook him. He would have probably saved the 4th spot at least.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I had to take the wife out so missed the second half of the race, just managed to catch the last crazy lap on Sky Go.
It was pretty mental with Kimi then Seb's tyre failing in such quick succession. Seb's battle with Bottas was good too- that massive lock up Seb did probably contributed to the tyre dying.

Fantasy Leauge after Race 10

pauldyson1uk

A few changes to the top 6 after the British GP.
Top 2 remain the same but with TT_Caf gaining ground on Wicked_badgers , his lead is down to 4 points.
Toyoda drops 2 places with me and Cartman gaining a place each, the battle of 3rd is hotting up with 4 teams separated by only 5 points

Teams of the Race.

1st Redfish-Alfa 106 points
2nd Team 3 98 points
3rd FC Ronaldo 93 points

1st saforrest Wicked_badgers 936
2nd the taurean TT_Caf 932
3rd eric cartman Cartman 913
4th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 912
5th venkman Toyoda 911
6th impulse Team 3 908
7th senorgregster Hamilton Academical 889
8th balljy RedShift 827
9th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 826
10th hp88 hp88 823
11th evan7788 Evan GP 796
12th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 790
13th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 782
14th christy87 Langers on a mission 780
15th dargonk Dargon's crew 776
16th dpansheth Rock 772
17th giggsy92 TeamRocket 754
18th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 742
19th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 710
20th jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 675

2 week break till the next race Hungary 30th July.
Lights out 13:00 (UK TIME)
Plenty of time to make those changes.

Good Luck.

Renfurm

Supports
N.E.C.
So? No one could have predicted it.
Still funny. Laughing at a driver, from your favourite team no less, to suffer a tyre failure near the end of the race, only to have your favourite driver suffer a similar fate a minute later with even greater consequences makes me chuckle.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Joking aside what are the chances of them both having front left tyre failures like that. They weren't exactly old tyres we're they? Too much downforce on a wing?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Joking aside what are the chances of them both having front left tyre failures like that. They weren't exactly old tyres we're they? Too much downforce on a wing?
Vettel fecked his tyres up when he was fighting with Bottas, while Kimi is totally unexpected. Pirelli said he totally consumed his tread :eek:. Very worrying.

GloryHunter07

Certain tracks put more stress on certain tyres.

That said, wasnt there a big hooha at Siverstone a few years ago about "sharp curbs"?

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
To be fair, on the commentry they where debating wether this would be a two or three stop strategy, so maybe everybody going for a 1 stop was really pushing it.
Don't forget, Vettel and Verstappen both pitted very early

Wicked_Badger

Pretty strange, although Seb was battling and locking up a bit now & again and he did complain of heavy blistering with a decent distance still left.

Totally surprised with Raikkonen. Ran in clear air the whole race and wasn't involved in any battles as such so the strain on his tyres should have been lower.

I do remember reading that the way the Ferrari SF70H pushes air over/around its tyres is fairly different from previous models & the other front runners in order to utilise their skinny/high side pod vents. Perhaps this had something to do with it?

RedFish

I missed the race but how on earth did Vettel end up as 7th from 2nd in qualifying?
Front left puncture. I read an interesting theory on another forum ( can't find it now) saying it's likely a problem with the front/ back brake balance on a circuit like Silverstone which is particularly hard on the front left tyres.

MullerUtd

Front left puncture. I read an interesting theory on another forum ( can't find it now) saying it's likely a problem with the front/ back brake balance on a circuit like Silverstone which is particularly hard on the front left tyres.
That sucks, I knew it must have been be a disastrous race for him to have his lead cut to just 1 point, from 20. Just had a quick look at the driver championship table and Bottas is definitely in contention for the title as well. How was Vettel doing prior to the technical problem? What was his position?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
That sucks, I knew it must have been be a disastrous race for him to have his lead cut to just 1 point, from 20. Just had a quick look at the driver championship table and Bottas is definitely in contention for the title as well. How was Vettel doing prior to the technical problem? What was his position?
Doing average. He was 4th. He also had problems with his brakes.

Here the highlights:

Dan

Seems like the halo has been approved for use from next season.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
This is dumb, what accidents would it solve bar Massa's a few years back? It's clearly a shit thing to look at also.

RedFish

They do look crap, but difficult to argue against it if they think it could prevent fatalities.

They could do worse than stopping kamikazi stewards at certain tracks trying to commit suicide while they're at it mind.

gormless

Ugly as feck, but if it prevents even one loss of life then its worth it. It seems to be getting a lot of negative feedback on Twitter, which is strange as its just a few years since Jules Bianchi and anything moving towards improved safety should be applauded in my opinion.
Who knows, Halo could be the biggest improvement in F1 safety since Maldonado leaving