F1 2017 Season

Rooney1987

You wanna know how wrong you are?

You're causing me to defend Hamilton.

That's damn wrong.
Was just about to say you feeling ok?

I see people having ago at Merc for letting Bottas back but he's only 33 points behind Seb with 9 races to go. He's has a chance to win the title, he probably won't but still.

I think the penalty thing needs to be looked at, Max did over 40 laps before taking it.

Asger

come on you dont really believe what you are posting !! you just sound like the many Lewis haters on Sky F1.
I'm not talking just about Lewis. Almost every drivers complains a lot during races. Donit care if they name is Lewis or Sebastian.

When Schumacher and Ferrari did this everyone blamed them for being unprofessional and not respecting the sport.

So if this is fine now then I guess it's also fine for other sports like football to dive a lot. Just helping teammates to win games!

pauldyson1uk

I'm not talking just about Lewis. Almost every drivers complains a lot during races. Donit care if they name is Lewis or Sebastian.

When Schumacher and Ferrari did this everyone blamed them for being unprofessional and not respecting the sport.

So if this is fine now then I guess it's also fine for other sports like football to dive a lot. Just helping teammates to win games!
:rolleyes:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Spa and Monza should favour Mercedes so it is a massive win today.
Spa should be close

Here(Monza), yes, Mercs should be untouchable

Great race by Seb today with those steering wheel problems, but really, this was all about Kimi. He carried Vettel to first. Incredible teamwork and race from him

Mercs kept their word to Bottas and Lewis accepted it. Didn't expect it honestly, and i think it was stupid. Classy, but stupid

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Spa should be close

Great race by Seb today with those steering wheel problems, but really, this was all about Kimi. He carried Vettel to first. Incredible teamwork and race from him

Mercs kept their word to Bottas and Lewis accepted it. Didn't expect it honestly, and i think it was stupid. Classy, but stupid
Yep, Kimi deserves the award for the best driver today.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
For pure speed I think Hamilton is the fastest. But he can be inconsistent, when he is on it he is unbeatable. But he has off days which Vettel and Alonso don't.
Vettel is the best at leading from the front and is incredible at being consistent and making the right calls. But has never been in a team where he is not clearly number 1. Apart from when Ricardo had 1 year and beat him.
Alonso is 2nd fastest for pure speed and is nearly Vettels equal in race craft.

Overall at there peak if I was running a team I would have Alonso as first choice Hamilton as second and Vettel third (because he needs number 1 status)
That's why I put Vettel 3rd or 4th.
Hamilton causes a bitch fit if he doesn't get number 1 driver on his team.

And Kimi is up there with Alonso as one of the fastest driver when he's motivated.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Spa should be close

This.

If he was selfish and went against team orders, he would have finished first while Vettel would most likely drop to 5th because he's not going to hold off the Mercs and Max with his wonky starring wheel.

Stayed a company man and got Ferrari that 1-2. No wonder Sec wants him back as a team mate for next season.

BIGbadBOO4

Hamilton causes a bitch fit if he doesn't get number 1 driver on his team.

And Kimi is up there with Alonso as one of the fastest driver when he's motivated.
Some people believe what they want. I think after spending time in this F1 forum I realised most people can't see what's right in front of them.
Honestly cannot be bothered posting here again, the total lack of objectivity is shocking.

rednotled

Great result for the competition, even if the lack of overtaking made this a boring race to watch.

Respect to Kimi for sticking to the team orders and to Mercedes/Lewis for the double switch; that decision might bite Mercedes in the arse come the end of the season tho'.

On a side note, I wonder how good the Mclaren would be with a decent engine, especially with Alonso driving it?

F-Red

On a side note, I wonder how good the Mclaren would be with a decent engine, especially with Alonso driving it?
Probably in the mix for the title, the McLaren has the best chassis on the grid on the basis that its engine is some 50hp down on the competition.

Wicked_Badger

Dull race on a track that can be good.

Vettel did very well to stay out front, Kimi deserves a medal for today; although I think it's slightly sad to see such a talented driver kinda 'quashed'.

Ferrari needed to make the most of this weekend & they did. Expect Merc to claw back points in Spa & Monza, so keeps the title interesting.

Not much of a fan of Max. Yes he shows moments of brilliance, but just as many of petulance. I know he's young but kinda can't see him changing. Down the line I'm kinda wonder if he has the calm temperament to win a WC when he has a proper river. He'll probably win one by bring in a superior car at some point, but do wonder if he has the guile to win a heated battle with a rival.

For what it's worth in terms of outright pace, I believe it's;

Hamilton
Alonso
Seb

But for a team I'd pick Alonso & Ricciardo. Together they'd haul in a fantastic amount of points, even in an under performing car.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
That track is very, very rarely good.

It was a go-kart track in 1986, it's even worse now.

Fantasy Leauge after Race 11

pauldyson1uk

Quite a few changes after an eventful Hungarian GP.
Wicked_badgers has lost his top spot to TT_Caf and by 13 points.
Toyoda moved up 2 places along with Team 3.
Dropping 2 places along with me is Cartman.

Honorable mention this race to Team Rocket, 101 points for this race and a jump of 3 places

Well thats it for the first half of the season , time for the summers hols, enjoying the season so far and the Top 6 is still pretty tight only 26 points separates then all.

Team of the Race

1st Redfish-Alfa 103
2nd Toyoda 102
3rd TeamRocket 101

League Standings

1st the taurean TT_Caf 1029
2nd saforrest Wicked_badgers 1016
3rd venkman Toyoda 1013
4th impulse Team 3 1005
5th eric cartman Cartman 1004
6th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1003
7th senorgregster Hamilton Academical 980
8th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 929
9th balljy RedShift 922
10th hp88 hp88 918
11th evan7788 Evan GP 891
12th dpansheth Rock 867
13th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 856
14th giggsy92 TeamRocket 855
15th christy87 Langers on a mission 853
16th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 851
17th dargonk Dargon's crew 846
18th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 793
19th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 789
20th jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 742

Next race is Belgium 27/8/17 with lights out at 13:00 (UK Time)
Make those changes.
Just to be nosey, who does make changes ?, I have changed my drivers only one this season so far, I tend to like keeping them the same all season, but I have messed about the rest a few time.

Last edited:

Impulse

I changed my drivers a little at the start of the season because I needed to get Vettel into my team, I had gambled that Red Bull were sandbagging during testing and that they would be quicker than Ferrari this season, which was a mistake that I quickly rectified. The teams I change occasionally when I have enough money to make a significant improvement.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just heard sky italy saying Lewis dreams of driving a ferrari within the next few years and Seb might leave