F1 2018 Season

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Behave , Ocon and LeClerc , both good young drivers but the wont win you the title you are so desperate for.
You have the best car for year and you want to sack Arribabene , that just does not make any sense.
Yeah you have lost your home F1 race, due to bad driving and good tactics, but really you do need to calm down.
The problem with Arrivabene is that he doesn't know Formula 1. How many time has Ferrari lost the race due to bad box strategy? Besides, how can you say "we didn't hire waiters, but drivers"? Mercedes would say "Ok, no problem. You keep being fair, we win the titles". We need someone more ruthless.

That's absolutely stupid. No offense.

Vettel, even if if made mistakes, he's still one of the best on the grid.

And Arrivabene? Really? This year's car is the best we had.

I know today's race have been really difficult and disappointing. But you need to go calm down dude.
Fed up with Vettel cocking up when it matters, tbh. He is a good driver, but can't take Ferrari to the next level.

gaucho_10

And finally a big feck you to Lewis the person. A despicable person. Especially after calling the tifosi fans snake pit! Haters ? i just hope he never drives a Ferrari!

Insecure brat. How can anyone root for him is beyond me..

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
His Instagram post was before the race....
I was reading about this and was surprised to learn that this is the first time Hamilton's set foot in Monza. Can't understand why he'd make such comments without prior experience.

Hephaestus

??? he has won the race 5 times, equal with Sch for the most wins
That's the joke.

Arrivabene described Bottas as a "butler" and claimed Ferrari don't hire them. Must have dreamt the Chinese GP this year cos I could have sworn I saw Kimi delay his pit-stop to slow Bottas into Vettel's path, y'know, what Bottas did today.

gaucho_10

He has a point though....

He doesn't. Fans are fans whether it's called football or F1. He doesn't get to choose the fans who don't like him just so he can be booed pleasantly.

Here you go, the grave Rossi fans made for Marquez.

They boo him every race and the man just laughs at them and brushes them off while he's breaking every record in the book. He just pisses them off even more because they can clearly see they can't get to him.

Obviously Marquez is an exception. There has never been a driver (F1) or rider (moto GP) with his mentality, but still, a true champion would handle it differently then Hamilton did. He's a brat. Unbelievably unlikeable person.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I’m all for sportspeople calling out fans when they give it out, it’s way better than media trained bullshit.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Sport is naturally both partisan and fickle. If Hamilton is booed all weekend he has every right to say what he wants about those fans. That’s the nature of the game. If the fans were sporting, I’m sure he would be too. Likewise, if he drove for Ferrari, the majority of fans would end up loving him because he’d win.

kotha

I don't see what he said wrong.. Ferrari fans acting like pool fans,as if everything and everyone is against them..

I loved Vettel reaction to qualifying,him saying to his engineer that they ll talk about it later.. We need to see these uncensored reactions,rather than the robotic answers..

Didn't see the race y'day but would have been nice had Kimi got the win..

Rooney1987

Confirmed Norris will replace Vandoorne at McLaren. Like 2007 all over again. A Spanish dirver signing from Renault and a British rookie.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder if Vandoorne still has a team next season. The talent is obviously there but he wasn't given the tools to showcase it as McLaren.

kotha

Who are they going to replace Alonso with? Surely they can't take a punt with 2 rookie drivers.. Though i have long lost hope with McLaren..

Rooney1987

I wonder if Vandoorne still has a team next season. The talent is obviously there but he wasn't given the tools to showcase it as McLaren.
I would have given Norris another year in F2 still a teenager and even though he is 2nd in that championship he has at time lacked a bit of maturity. As you say unless he's hot another seat seems harsh on Vandoorne.

Rooney1987

It's Carlos Sainz to replace Alonso..

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/45397134
Not sure it's talked about yet but is this down to him being a Renault driver? He must have a contract with them and with McLaren having there engines maybe wanted a Renault driver. Must be linked because is it really necessary to replace Vandoorne with Sainz, is he really that much of an upgrade.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Don't see Norris being any better than Stoffel. Sainz might give him a fairer chance though.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Not sure it's talked about yet but is this down to him being a Renault driver? He must have a contract with them and with McLaren having there engines maybe wanted a Renault driver. Must be linked because is it really necessary to replace Vandoorne with Sainz, is he really that much of an upgrade.
I think Alonso pushed for Sainz because he's Spanish as well and that's what his sponsors wants.

F-Red

Seems a move by McLaren to keep Norris in their camp rather than him being ready to drive in a McLaren. Stoffel is fairly confident of him having a drive next season - it'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
@giorno, shame Sergio has passed away, otherwise i think there would have been a massive overhaul in the winter. He wouldn't have accepted to lose the title with the best car.

GloryHunter07

I am leaving this thread now. See you. Too nervous.
Ok cheerio!

31 minutes later...
Villeneuve has said a good thing, a bit harsh: Ferrari needs to start cheat to win because Mercedes isn't afraid to do it.
I meant Bottas vs. Raikkonen. If Ferrari had done the same you would have asked them to be jailed.
No chance. The title has gone. Vettel can even win the next race, but i can see him fecking it up again.
I hate Hamilton because he is a cocky fecker, but Vettel is not up to Ferrari level. He needs to go at the end of the season.
Yeah, that's the reason why i don't him here. WC driver, truly awful person. What did he expect after Ferrari fans lost their home race? To clap him?

Ferrari needs a massive overhaul in the winter though.

1) Get rid of both Vettel and Raikkonen and start with the youngsters. I'd like Ocon and LeClerc;
2) Call Ross Brawn back and sack Arrivabene. The latter is just so clueless about F1.
Toto: "It wasn't a team order" and he got angry, then.

Why just can't admit it? The man is a clown. And to think i respected him until last season.
The problem with Arrivabene is that he doesn't know Formula 1. How many time has Ferrari lost the race due to bad box strategy? Besides, how can you say "we didn't hire waiters, but drivers"? Mercedes would say "Ok, no problem. You keep being fair, we win the titles". We need someone more ruthless.

Fed up with Vettel cocking up when it matters, tbh. He is a good driver, but can't take Ferrari to the next level.
Italian fans are passionate.
Oh your back...

Hephaestus

Seems a move by McLaren to keep Norris in their camp rather than him being ready to drive in a McLaren. Stoffel is fairly confident of him having a drive next season - it'll be interesting to see where he ends up.
Yeah, Red Bull were sniffing around and had a seat at Torro Roso that was available. Would have actually preferred him to go to Torro Roso, less pressure there.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Confirmed Norris will replace Vandoorne at McLaren. Like 2007 all over again. A Spanish dirver signing from Renault and a British rookie.
2007 is 11 years ago, that’s probably the time difference per lap between the top teams and McLaren. I’ve seen children buggies go faster. Good luck Sainz & Norris!

hp88

What a whinging little biatch, its never his fault is it, Christ he’s tiresome.
He has got a point though, Bottas is playing the wingman again for Lewis whereas Ferrari are still pussyfooting around the subject of backing one driver. Ferrari will back Vettel at some point but it will be too late by then.