F1 2018 Season

Giggsy92

Terrible race even by Monaco's standards, don't think Liberty will be impressed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Modern f1 cars will never be exciting around Monaco, honestly don't know why they bother going there anymore.

They should make it a 1 off event in go karts or something

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Are the Red Bull team contract-bound to drink that crap? The whole team are swigging cans of it. It's foul and only ever acceptable in a jaeger bomb.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are the Red Bull team contract-bound to drink that crap? The whole team are swigging cans of it. It's foul and only ever acceptable in a jaeger bomb.
i'd imagine it probably doesn't actually have red bull inside it, just labelled up.

We need an rvn

first race this season I've been alone while the wife and kids have been away and I turned to reading my book but kept it on in the background to see if the Ausie could hold on. Need to either race under guaranteed rain somehow or just do it as prestige thing, so hard to overtake and just not fit for modern race cars

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Maybe because I'm 26 but Monaco should be binned.
When a car with a power deficit of 25% wins that comfortably, your track is shit.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
Monaco has been a crap tack for decades TBH. It just about the glamour and location, the racing is a side show. Its amazing F1 is still so popular when most races are devoid of any real overtaking or entertainment.

GeorgieBoy

Agreed, either get rid of Monaco or makes the track more exciting (which I doubt is possible given its a street circuit).

Zlaatan

Parody Account
The Monaco GP is such a love/hate thing for me but this race was such a waste. When you see cars that are capable of going up to 4sec/lap faster than the car in front but still can't get past then it's not even racing anymore.
But the worst thing by far was when Ocon let Hamilton pass him after Lewis' pitstop. How the feck can they allow what must have been team orders from Mercedes to Ocon? :confused::confused::confused: Ocon even admitted after the race that "he doesn't want to piss of the boss" and when he was asked "is there an unspoken rule that forces you to let a Mercedes driver through?", Ocon answered: "ehm maybe.. hehe.. maybe...". (Ocon is contracted by Mercedes and loaned out to Force India, who also just happens to run Merc engines)

"Racing" at its absolute worst.

This is my new updated idea to make this race more exciting

:lol: This I love though!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Fine with Monaco sticking around tbh. Yes it's a shit track, but it's got the prestige, glamour etc. All of which are good for F1. What needs to happen is that new tracks are made good, and aren't equally awful at promoting overtaking (see Miami proposal, Russia).

Fantasy League Race 6 Monoco

pauldyson1uk

Fantasy League after Race 6

jd094 continues his stay at the top , this week increasing his lead to 89 points
The rest of us are playing catch up, will anybody catch him ?

1st jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 555 X
2nd 17larsson Buzzing and Hornets 466 X
3rd screech44 Redfish-Alfa 460 X
4th dargonk Dargon's crew 453 X
5th muhhaa FC Romantika 450 X
6th vangagal Team Skytrain 435 X
7th evan7788 altodevil86 428 X
8th giggsy92 TeamRocket 428 X
9th impulse Team 3 421 X
10th eric cartman Cartman 418 X
11th hephaestus Horizon F1 410 X
12th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 406 X
13th seb_87 Red_Sky_87 403 X
14th venkman Toyoda 401 X
15th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 380 X
16th muller7uk Muller Motorsport 358 X
17th dpansheth Rock 210 X

Next race Canada 8th Lights out at 19:10 (UK time)
One of the seasons best races for me , with some rain even better.

Member 90887

Ocon, on letting Lewis pass too easily....

"If I made life too easy Lewis Hamilton when he overtook me? I'm a Mercedes driver, you have to ask the boss." So the Frenchman of the Force India Esteban Ocon answers a question about the way in which he has passed from Hamilton during the race. It happened around the 15th lap of the Monaco Grand Prix, when the franscese driver eased the overtaking of the Mercedes of the Mercedes, in fact dodging.
And Toto doesn't even hide it, questioned whether he asked Ocon to let Hamilton pass, his answer was: "yes, I asked Ocon to let Lewis pass"

Toto Wolff après le GP de Monaco: "Oui, j'ai demandé à Ocon de laisser passer Lewis!"

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/...laisser-passer-lewis-5b0aed905532858b925e49d9

/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Monaco has been a crap tack for decades TBH. It just about the glamour and location, the racing is a side show. Its amazing F1 is still so popular when most races are devoid of any real overtaking or entertainment.
It used be great back in the day, when the cars weren't so perfect, rules were different, there was refueling, etc. Even the best driver in the best car still had a not inconsiderable chance of DNF. Nowadays it's a parade. Ricciardo can lose ~160 hp and still win comfortably

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Ocon, on letting Lewis pass too easily....

And Toto doesn't even hide it, questioned whether he asked Ocon to let Hamilton pass, his answer was: "yes, I asked Ocon to let Lewis pass"
This is pretty disgusting.
Is Force India a mercedes owned team>?

Member 90887

This is pretty disgusting.
Is Force India a mercedes owned team>?
They have a close relationship with Mercedes, they take their gearbox and engine. In addition to the fact that they take some of the young Mercedes' drivers (like Ocon).

Member 90887

Both teams should be punished for that.
Well, it's not illegal, so...

We can think that it's disgraceful as much as we want, it won't change a thing.

Kimi for example could have gotten some time on Lewis if the latter was held up by Ocon, and may have passed him after pitting. It would have also been 3 less points for him in the championship.

It influenced the race, obviously, they wouldn't have pitted if they knew that Ocon wouldn't have let him pass. Who knows what could have happened.

Sky brushed it like nothing happened, mentioned it for a couple of minutes and then nothing.

Dan

Maybe Monaco should be moved into the Autumn so there’s more chance of rain.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Well, it's not illegal, so...

We can think that it's disgraceful as much as we want, it won't change a thing.

Kimi for example could have gotten some time on Lewis if the latter was held up by Ocon, and may have passed him after pitting. It would have also been 3 less points for him in the championship.

It influenced the race, obviously, they wouldn't have pitted if they knew that Ocon wouldn't have let him pass. Who knows what could have happened.

Sky brushed it like nothing happened, mentioned it for a couple of minutes and then nothing.
Of course Sky brushed it off, it's Hamilton.

Team orders is one thing, and absolutely fine, but orders to customer teams to let your driver pass is bang out of order. I can only imagine the reactions if a Haas driver had been instructed by Ferrari to let Vettel pass.

nemanja15

Fantasy League after Race 6

jd094 continues his stay at the top , this week increasing his lead to 89 points
The rest of us are playing catch up, will anybody catch him ?

1st jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 555 X
2nd 17larsson Buzzing and Hornets 466 X
3rd screech44 Redfish-Alfa 460 X
4th dargonk Dargon's crew 453 X
5th muhhaa FC Romantika 450 X
6th vangagal Team Skytrain 435 X
7th evan7788 altodevil86 428 X
8th giggsy92 TeamRocket 428 X
9th impulse Team 3 421 X
10th eric cartman Cartman 418 X
11th hephaestus Horizon F1 410 X
12th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 406 X
13th seb_87 Red_Sky_87 403 X
14th venkman Toyoda 401 X
15th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 380 X
16th muller7uk Muller Motorsport 358 X
17th dpansheth Rock 210 X

Next race Canada 8th Lights out at 19:10 (UK time)
One of the seasons best races for me , with some rain even better.
It appears I'm no. 1 in the world for this game now... given I've flopped every prior season, not quite sure how I'm doing this! And yep, Canada normally throws up a great race, bring it on. Expect Ferrari and Merc to have the edge over Red Bull again there, and Hamilton always goes well.

spwd

It was a shit race and what I expected when they made the cars wider, it was bad enough before, unfortunately until the track is a lot wider it will be the same, it needs 3 or 4 new overtaking sections or widen 3 or 4 parts of the track, obviously that’s going to be very difficult but something needs to be done.

Xeno

Maybe because I'm 26 but Monaco should be binned.
When a car with a power deficit of 25% wins that comfortably, your track is shit.
Alternatively when a car has such a good chassis that it can beat a competitor with 25% less power around a non-engine limited circuit, but is 1.5 seconds a lap slower everywhere else, maybe the engine rules should be binned.

pauldyson1uk

Monaco GP victor Daniel Ricciardo will be hit with multiple grid penalties at the upcoming Canadian GP.

Two weeks after claiming victory in F1's showpiece event despite a crippling loss of power from his Renault engine, the Red Bull driver - third in the world championship behind Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel - is set to suffer a series of engine-related grid demotions in Montreal.

"Unfortunately, we will be taking penalties," Red Bull chief technical officer Adrian Newey confirmed to Sky Sports News.

With just a third of the season elapsed, Ricciardo has already used a significant chunk of his allowance for engine parts for the entire campaign with the size of his penalties in Canada this weekend set to be determined by just how many components will require changing after he guided his handicapped RB14 car to the chequered flag in Monaco.

"We could be suffering some quite big penalties," said Newey.

"We are only allowed two batteries etc and the system in that sense seems completely wrong."

Renault are poised to introduce a new engine this weekend but Newey has cautioned expectations by predicting it may only gain a tenth of a second of lap time.

Red Bull are in the final year of their existing arrangement with Renault and team boss Christian Horner has said a decision will be made on their future engine plans in the next two months.

Red Bull's junior outfit Toro Rosso switched to Honda at the start of the season.

How many engine parts has Ricciardo already used?
All six of the drivers with Renault-powered cars have already replaced at least one of the six elements that make up an F1 power unit so far this season, with Ricciardo already one more change away from the limit on engines, turbochargers and MGU-Hs.

But the Australian, the race winner in Monaco, is already up to the penalty limit on the three areas of the power unit that can only be used twice - the MGU-K, control electronics and the energy store.

Mercedes' championship leader Lewis Hamilton, by contrast, is still on the power unit elements he started the season with in Australia.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Monaco GP victor Daniel Ricciardo will be hit with multiple grid penalties at the upcoming Canadian GP.

Two weeks after claiming victory in F1's showpiece event despite a crippling loss of power from his Renault engine, the Red Bull driver - third in the world championship behind Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel - is set to suffer a series of engine-related grid demotions in Montreal.

"Unfortunately, we will be taking penalties," Red Bull chief technical officer Adrian Newey confirmed to Sky Sports News.

With just a third of the season elapsed, Ricciardo has already used a significant chunk of his allowance for engine parts for the entire campaign with the size of his penalties in Canada this weekend set to be determined by just how many components will require changing after he guided his handicapped RB14 car to the chequered flag in Monaco.

"We could be suffering some quite big penalties," said Newey.

"We are only allowed two batteries etc and the system in that sense seems completely wrong."

Renault are poised to introduce a new engine this weekend but Newey has cautioned expectations by predicting it may only gain a tenth of a second of lap time.

Red Bull are in the final year of their existing arrangement with Renault and team boss Christian Horner has said a decision will be made on their future engine plans in the next two months.

Red Bull's junior outfit Toro Rosso switched to Honda at the start of the season.

How many engine parts has Ricciardo already used?
All six of the drivers with Renault-powered cars have already replaced at least one of the six elements that make up an F1 power unit so far this season, with Ricciardo already one more change away from the limit on engines, turbochargers and MGU-Hs.

But the Australian, the race winner in Monaco, is already up to the penalty limit on the three areas of the power unit that can only be used twice - the MGU-K, control electronics and the energy store.

Mercedes' championship leader Lewis Hamilton, by contrast, is still on the power unit elements he started the season with in Australia.

These penalty regulations are strange.

I get that they want to even things out in terms of reducing costs, but two MGU-Ks and energy stores are taking the piss.

The guys who'll benefit are the bigger teams, who have bigger budgets to fry on reliability. Which will just make it even more difficult for anyone to challenge the big three.