F1 2018 Season

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Congrats to Lewis, well deserved.
I can't decide though if I'm more frustrated than usual over the fact that Ferrari/Vettel failed this year because they actually had a chance to win the championship, or if I'm prefectly fine with Hamilton winning since he was the best driver and properly deserved to win..

"Ash Wilkinson: I don’t know what makes me feel for Danny Ricciardo more - that his Renault engines have contributed to 11 DNFs in 23 races or that he’s actually going to be a Renault driver next season"

On the beeb feed :lol:
:lol:

I'd be proper fed up if I was him, can't imagine anything more frustrating for a driver than having your car break down every other race. Next year he can at least comfort himself with the enormous bags of money they will give him at Renault.

Speaking of money, surely all drivers have bonuses for the amount of points they get over a season but what happens to that when the car breaks down? Ricciardo had a podium finish in the bag today if it wasn't for the engine failure, so does anyone know if they still get some sort of "compensation" or do they just have to accept it and move on?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
The pivotal moment of the season was when Hamilton was convinced Raikkonen nerfed him on purpose at Silverstone. When he's got that fire under his arse there's no one better on the grid.

Leg-End

5 times! Watched the guy on a cold September Silverstone afternoon bomb around testing in 2006 for the first time in an F1 car, now he’s matched Fangio. Amazing stuff.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
How dire is Armin Van Buuren though, some tragic music he is playing these days. :houllier:
Worst part is that the guy himself seems blissfully unaware of that, going by his behaviour. A mainstream 'DJ' standing on a stage twisting and turning some buttons, acting like some kind of deity while playing mediocre electric music is truly one of the most pathetic sights in the world today.

Well done to Lewis and of course Max nailed it.

pauldyson1uk

Well Done Lewis, his drive this season has been outstanding, I think maybe his best out of the 5.
Its is going to be tough to equal Schs record of 7 , but I think he will go for it, doubt he will retire any time soon.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Max is a more talented driver than Lewis and will win more titles. This I am happy about.
Your bitterness knows no limits. :lol:. It hilarious to watch unfold with every Hamilton victory.

How is Lewis viewed by the rest of the drivers on the circuit?
Alonso called him one of the greatest of all time. Top five with Schumi, Senna, Prost, and Fangio. And Prost himself said he’s the greatest driver of his generation.

Brilliant season from Lewis. Hope he can go after Schumi’s record now. Will be ridiculously tough, but he’s not done yet. I think he’s got another World title left in him at least. There’s no one out there that can match him over the season right now. So it’ll come down to how good the cars are for next season.

Verstappen is talented but doesn’t have the temperament to be a world champion yet. He doesn’t have the control or patience to see a long season out. Especially not under pressure in a title fight. He’s far too reckless. With time, one hopes he can mature the same way Lewis has.

Fantasy League after Mexico

pauldyson1uk

Here is the Fantasy Table with 2 races left.

altodevil86 has a commanding lead of 57 points and will take a good effort to knock off the top.
The next 4 are separated by 53 points.

1st evan7788 altodevil86 1570 X
2nd jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 1513 X
3rd screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1492 X
4th vangagal Team Skytrain 1477 X
5th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1460 X
6th impulse Team 3 1420 X
7th giggsy92 TeamRocket 1405 X
8th eric cartman Cartman 1398 X
9th muhhaa FC Romantika 1391 X
10th seb_87 Red_Sky_87 1390 X
11th hephaestus Horizon F1 1385 X
12th venkman Toyoda 1385 X
13th dpansheth Rock 1294 X
14th muller7uk Muller Motorsport 1273 X
15th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 1270 X
16th 17larsson Buzzing and Hornets 1208 X
17th dargonk Dargon's crew 1187 X

Next race is Brazil 11th November lights out 15:10( UK time )

spwd

He’s got nobody else to blame except himself, although he probably will.:rolleyes:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Anybody seen Jos the bosses comments on Ricciardo? I forgot how unlikable that wanker was. Max may win a title or two, but hes going to have a few meltdowns along the way. Supremely talented but he needs to get his head right. His old man certainly wont help that.

Hopefully Riccardo can drive Renault forward and get a title of his own.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Anybody seen Jos the bosses comments on Ricciardo? I forgot how unlikable that wanker was. Max may win a title or two, but hes going to have a few meltdowns along the way. Supremely talented but he needs to get his head right. His old man certainly wont help that.

What did this cnut say? He was also a crap driver.

F-Red

Yeah - didn't see anything controversial. Link to story? All i've seen is that he was saying that Max was annoyed with the celebrations of Ricciardo.

Hephaestus

Yeah - didn't see anything controversial. Link to story? All i've seen is that he was saying that Max was annoyed with the celebrations of Ricciardo.
Think it was more the dig at Ricciardo claiming he had celebrated his pole like it was a championship. Saying Max used it as motivation is fine, throwing shade at Ricciardo for being happy to be on pole is just being a dick. Mind you, in the list of shit Jos has done that's still pretty small fry.

The FIA don't seem to realise they're killing the sport. Nobody in Vietnam cares about F1, nobody interested in F1 cares about Vietnam. It's yet another boring Tilke-drome with nothing but massive straights and hairpin turns in a country most fans couldn't point to on a map.

slyadams

The FIA don't seem to realise they're killing the sport. Nobody in Vietnam cares about F1, nobody interested in F1 cares about Vietnam. It's yet another boring Tilke-drome with nothing but massive straights and hairpin turns in a country most fans couldn't point to on a map.
Only countries well known by morons in the west should get Grands Prix. Got it.

slyadams

Just remember for every Azerbaijan and Vietnam we lose an Imola or a Nurburgring.
That's not true though. Liberty have said they want to go to 25 races, so its absolutely not 1 in 1 out.

That's not true though. Liberty have said they want to go to 25 races, so its absolutely not 1 in 1 out.
They can say what they want, in the current format the teams won't do it. They're stretched to the limit as it is.

The European races are easy, short trips where teams return home in between. The long distance races require them to be gone for weeks or months.

slyadams

They can say what they want, in the current format the teams won't do it. They're stretched to the limit as it is.

The European races are easy, short trips where teams return home in between. The long distance races require them to be gone for weeks or months.
The teams will bitch and moan and then do it. The management realizing an extra 5 races means an extra 20% revenue won't hurt either. Perhaps we'll see teams setting up satellite bases in the far East to service Asia/Australia.

The teams will bitch and moan and then do it. The management realizing an extra 5 races means an extra 20% revenue won't hurt either. Perhaps we'll see teams setting up satellite bases in the far East to service Asia/Australia.
There is not the expertise there. The only way they could do it is to have rotating staff through their main bases. Fine for the big teams but its a big cost for the rest, especially with declining viewing figures.