F1 2018 Season

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Lewis doing his best to get Bottas to feel a little better.....

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Lewis is going to get hammered for this , but the call was not his , he never called for it, the team made the call.
If it had been Ferrari that had done it , it was have not got all this .
I hope he doesn't get grief for this. Lewis is a racer, always wants to win through his efforts.

It's a good practical decision, but understandably tough for Bottas to take.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Formula 1 is a shit sport and I'm losing interest. What the feck was that?

vangagal

Barichello was worse than this. At least this time happened when race still on.

Not to mention that was made me stopped watching F1 for a good few years until 2005.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
It’s hard for Bottas but that’s the price he has to pay for one of F1’s best seats. If Mercedes wanted a competition between their drivers they’d have hired Alonso or one of the up and coming drivers.

The controversy’s a bit of a shame for Lewis, though, since he has the championship all but won (the real competition has only ever been between him and Alonso. Vettel’s a great driver but not in their class) but Mercedes would look right twits if a car failure or accident put Ferrari back in contention.

Last edited:
Fantasy League Race 15 Russia

pauldyson1uk

Fantasy League table.

jd094 is still topping the table , but his lead is getting smaller down to just 9 points.

1st jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 1269 X
2nd screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1260 X
3rd evan7788 altodevil86 1250 X
4th vangagal Team Skytrain 1249 X
5th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1203 X
6th eric cartman Cartman 1190 X
7th venkman Toyoda 1179 X
8th muhhaa FC Romantika 1169 X
9th giggsy92 TeamRocket 1154 X
10th impulse Team 3 1137 X
11th seb_87 Red_Sky_87 1122 X
12th hephaestus Horizon F1 1117 X
13th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 1057 X
14th 17larsson Buzzing and Hornets 1057 X
15th muller7uk Muller Motorsport 1045 X
16th dargonk Dargon's crew 1037 X
17th dpansheth Rock 1014 X

Next race is Japan , which is forecast a typhoon, early start for this race , lights out 06:10.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Oh yeah I forgot you were a Mercedes engineer.

Ah well maybe if Vettel hadn’t have lost the place to Hamilton we wouldn’t have to worry about it.

pauldyson1uk

errr Toto did admit it , he fully took the blame and more than once !
How do you know his tyres were fine ?.
Like I said if Ferrari had done it , it would have been a tactical masterclass.
Seb had the chance to challenge Lewis, but failed to do it.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
errr Toto did admit it , he fully took the blame and more than once !
How do you know his tyres were fine ?.
Like I said if Ferrari had done it , it would have been a tactical masterclass.
Seb had the chance to challenge Lewis, but failed to do it.
They said it on Sky Sport Italy after the race when they analyzed the cars.

However, Vettel has already lost the title in a deserved way. I just don't like Toto telling lies.

pauldyson1uk

They said it on Sky Sport Italy after the race when they analyzed the cars.

However, Vettel has already lost the title in a deserved way. I just don't like Toto telling lies.
Sky Italy HA HA , what else are they going to say , yes Toto was correct !! Of course they are going to say Toto was talking bollocks.
Telling lies , BULLSHIT !!

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Relax Mercedes boy. I just think Toto is a fake person, someone who is good at acting. That's the reason why i barely believe him when he speak.

No need to get angry.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Put me on ignore list if you don't like me. I got badly attacked for just saying Toto was lying, imo. It could be a wrong opinion, but no need for such a reaction.

RedFish

About Lewis, who will inevitably win his 5th world championship. If it wasn't for Rosberg's monumental effort that made him WC, and also arguably simultaneously retired him, this would have been Lewis' 5th title in a row. Compare the effort it's taken compared to the dominance of Vettel in that incredible RB. I think looking back Seb was quite lucky he had that car, though not devaluing his 4 in a row....

I think Lewis has a very realistic chance of surpassing Schumacher's record 7 championship wins, and in doing so, becoming widely regarded the no 1 driver in the history of the sport.

I would love to see Lewis and Verstappen in the same team in a couple of years time, that would be one hell of a story to watch unfold.......

spwd

About Lewis, who will inevitably win his 5th world championship. If it wasn't for Rosberg's monumental effort that made him WC, and also arguably simultaneously retired him, this would have been Lewis' 5th title in a row. Compare the effort it's taken compared to the dominance of Vettel in that incredible RB. I think looking back Seb was quite lucky he had that car, though not devaluing his 4 in a row....

I think Lewis has a very realistic chance of surpassing Schumacher's record 7 championship wins, and in doing so, becoming widely regarded the no 1 driver in the history of the sport.

I would love to see Lewis and Verstappen in the same team in a couple of years time, that would be one hell of a story to watch unfold.......

Me too, I hope it happens.

slyadams

How do you guys rank the fastest drivers on the track (assuming everyone had equal cars)? I’d think Verstappen & Ricciardo are both up there.
Lewis, Max, Seb, Ric, Raikonen/Bottas equal

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

7 championships that would be a big ask - hes 33 now and will be 34 by the start of next season most probably with 5 wins by then so he would probably have to be the oldest driver since Prost to win - not impossible but its a physical sport so certainly a big ask

A merc car will have won the drivers championship 5 times in a row - thats only ever been done once before by schumacher with ferrari - no team has delivered 6 let alone 7 in a row - not to say its impossible but at best I'd say its an outside chance at the moment.

and 2021 there is big changes so who knows who will be the top team then

pauldyson1uk

Relax Mercedes boy. I just think Toto is a fake person, someone who is good at acting. That's the reason why i barely believe him when he speak.

No need to get angry.
Mercedes Boy !!! Behave you Muppet, never in 10 years have I had to block a poster but you're coming pretty close, getting towards being a keyboards warrior now.

F-Red

7 championships that would be a big ask - hes 33 now and will be 34 by the start of next season most probably with 5 wins by then so he would probably have to be the oldest driver since Prost to win - not impossible but its a physical sport so certainly a big ask

A merc car will have won the drivers championship 5 times in a row - thats only ever been done once before by schumacher with ferrari - no team has delivered 6 let alone 7 in a row - not to say its impossible but at best I'd say its an outside chance at the moment.

and 2021 there is big changes so who knows who will be the top team then
Mercedes will walk the next 2 years worth of titles based on the performances we're seeing at the minute. Ferrari looks like they will hit the implode button. Red Bull will have 2 years of engine integration to contend with. Renault are still miles behind the curve without the funds to invest to play catch up.

Any teams below them will look to invest into 2021 regulation changes now. 7 titles doesn't look an impossible task at this stage, especially as Hamilton's drives have more maturity than ever & plays the championship game very well.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
A bit of a shame that Vettel/Ferrari has cocked up the championship already. It could have gone to the wire.

Looking forward to next season, I think it's going to be really interesting to watch how Leclerc's arrival will change the team dynamic at Ferrari. TBH Vettel probably could need a bit of fire up his arse. He's chucked away his shot at the title this year through silly mistakes.

I would love for Red Bull to close the gap a bit to Ferrari/Merc, but I can't see it happening with the Honda engines next season. I believe Max is probably the only one who can challenge Lewis in terms of pure ability/pace over the course of a season. Vettel needs the better car to win IMO, Max could do it if he were on equal terms with Lewis.

Going to be strange to see Ricciardo in a Renault, languishing in the midfield. They'll be 4th at best. A shame really, he's one of the most entertaining drivers to watch when on song.