F1 2018 Season

BIGbadBOO4

Is it me or do all the drivers not like trying to overtake Verstappan? Because big chance he will take them out. Or are they saving tyres?

Enigma_87

You know who
Hamilton has just been the better driver this year, regardless of car shape. He deserves to win it all.

Leg-End

If Bottas doesn’t like it, plenty of better drivers to take his seat.

Kazi

How do you guys rank the fastest drivers on the track (assuming everyone had equal cars)? I’d think Verstappen & Ricciardo are both up there.

Leg-End

How do you guys rank the fastest drivers on the track (assuming everyone had equal cars)? I’d think Verstappen & Ricciardo are both up there.
Lewis, Max, Danny, Seb are the upper level drivers. Max might be dominant if he gets a car in his mid 20’s and Lewis/Seb are gone.

Member 90887

I dont like team orders but today it was the right thing to do.
Lewis is 50 point clear , basicly 2 DNF's clear.
Should Bottas has won yeah maybe he should.
No, today it was absolutely unnecessary, he would have been 43 points at the top. which is an enormous gap.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Bottas and Lewis handled that really well. Do feel bad for Bottas though...

Leg-End

If he’s quick enough Bottas will get that win back before season end. Abu Dhabi special probably.

stu_1992

Tough on Bottas, but not surprising and tbh if I were Team Principal I'd make the same decision. I'm sure he understands, but it won't take away that bitter taste.

Giggsy92

Kinda wished they'd switched back if only to avoid this funeral atmosphere post-race but it was probably the right call sadly, the Ferrari's too quick to give away 7 points at this stage. Would have been interesting to see how the race would have played out if Vettel hadn't messed up and had managed to keep Lewis behind him - think he helped Merc avoid a very pissed off Lewis.

Member 90887

50 points is a better gap 2 DNF's 43 points was not enough.
Bottas knew it was coming , it should have happened going into turn 1.
So, you want to tell me that in 16 races, there was a single DNF, in the 5 remaining races, there's a risk of 2 DNFs, with Lewis finishing behind Vettel in the other 3 races.

Com'on now.

vangagal

50 points is a better gap 2 DNF's 43 points was not enough.
Bottas knew it was coming , it should have happened going into turn 1.
I agree better safe than sorry needed there. But the thing is, the tension and thrill for championship already gone for me. Vettel just couldnt fight even if they give him a perfect platter now.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Result means it would have made more sense for Vettel to have hung back massively, not pressure Hamiltion. Would have made the Merc switch hard to put past Bottas. Hilarious.

Leg-End

So, you want to tell me that in 16 races, there was a single DNF, in the 5 remaining races, there's a risk of 2 DNFs, with Lewis finishing behind Vettel in the other 3 races.

Com'on now.
Anything can happen, Hamilton lost a WDC with a points adjusted 43 point lead with 2 to go in 2007. Engines coming towards the end of their life span, bad weather in Japan. At this level you don’t risk it, why would you? Bottas had 15 races to be in the fight.....he isn’t.