F1 2018 Season

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
He has got a point though, Bottas is playing the wingman again for Lewis whereas Ferrari are still pussyfooting around the subject of backing one driver. Ferrari will back Vettel at some point but it will be too late by then.
Exactly. Ferrari is to blame here. They will have to make up their mind sooner or later.

Hephaestus

Weird thing is, Ferrari have flip-flopped on the issue throughout the season. As early as China they were doing the same tactic as Mercedes in the last race, they delayed Raikkonen's pit-stop to hold up a charging Mercedes. Then you had the stuff in Germany where they seemed unwilling to tell Raikkonen directly to move aside.

That said though, Vettel is trying to deflect from the fact that his teammate was faster than him during quali and he messed up badly in the race. That's on him, not Ferrari.

spwd

Weird thing is, Ferrari have flip-flopped on the issue throughout the season. As early as China they were doing the same tactic as Mercedes in the last race, they delayed Raikkonen's pit-stop to hold up a charging Mercedes. Then you had the stuff in Germany where they seemed unwilling to tell Raikkonen directly to move aside.

That said though, Vettel is trying to deflect from the fact that his teammate was faster than him during quali and he messed up badly in the race. That's on him, not Ferrari.

Exactly

vangagal

Rumours flying around that LeClerc confirmed to Ferrari next year and this one i liked Kyvat back to Toro Rosso. It makes Lewis probably the longest driver on the grid next season i believe? Time flies.

paulscholes18

Not F1 related, MotoGP 2
To do that to someone is shocking, that could have ended very badly and was rightly sacked

Fantasy League Races 12,13 and 14

pauldyson1uk

Sorry All, I have been so busy at work forgot all about it.

Fantasy League , standings after Italy
There has been a few changes , since I posted the last one.

jd0944 still top of the tree with a lead of 30points.
The next 3 all keep their position.
TeamRocket drops from 5th to 9th, with Toyoda taking 5th place

1st jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 1122 X
2nd vangagal Team Skytrain 1092 X
3rd screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1081 X
4th evan7788 altodevil86 1056 X
5th venkman Toyoda 1049 X
6th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1045 X
7th eric cartman Cartman 1024 X
8th muhhaa FC Romantika 1014 X
9th giggsy92 TeamRocket 1008 X
10th impulse Team 3 991 X
11th seb_87 Red_Sky_87 979 X
12th hephaestus Horizon F1 960 X
13th 17larsson Buzzing and Hornets 927 X
14th dargonk Dargon's crew 913 X
15th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 913 X
16th muller7uk Muller Motorsport 897 X
17th dpansheth Rock 845 X

Next race is Singapore 16th Sept light out at 13:10 UK Time.

spwd

Not F1 related, MotoGP 2
To do that to someone is shocking, that could have ended very badly and was rightly sacked
Yup, disgusting, apparently he’s done it before, if you watch this Michele Pirro crash at 350kph you can see what could happen, even though he was ok lol

Krits

Awesome. Hope he realises his potential. Seems a pretty mature driver given his age and experience. Will follow him more closely for the rest of the season.

EDIT: Will miss Kimi though, one of my favourite drivers. Sadly, he doesn't have that edge to him anymore. Extremely fast, but missing the last 1% when it counts.

vangagal

It is wrong if i'm thinking Ferrari not 100% sold on Leclerc? If something going wrong next season, i can see they swap the two again. Being a lapdog to Vettel isnt an easy feat because Vettel can mess things up aswell. Leclerc is talented granted but i think this is one year too soon for him. And its not like Raikkonen have massive decline in performance either. Their strategy just plain abysmal this year.

vangagal

Awesome. Hope he realises his potential. Seems a pretty mature driver given his age and experience. Will follow him more closely for the rest of the season.

EDIT: Will miss Kimi though, one of my favourite drivers. Sadly, he doesn't have that edge to him anymore. Extremely fast, but missing the last 1% when it counts.
That 1% isnt needed for Ferrari number 2. You only need to cover number 1 every now and then. Bottas is a perfect example of this.

Krits

Thats true. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic works with Vettel. Vettel loved working with Kimi, cause Kimi wasn't a threat. Lets see if Vettel can deliver the title this year. I still have hope he can. If Vettel wins WC it might make things difficult for Leclerc. But if Vettel doesn't Ferrari might give him a fair shot at it.

NM

:mad: I know it's been coming but it's a shame. Just proved how quick he could be at Monza too.. Hope LeClerc beats Vettel next year

stu_1992

LeClerc is clearly very talented but I agree that it may be a year too soon, and I question how good it will be for him to go there and have to work to win Vettel the championship. Still I was bored of Kimi at Ferrari and it did feel like a change was needed.

Member 90887

Com'on people. When Ferrari plays it safe, everyone moans about it and now that they changed their strategy, people are moaning about it as well. let's just enjoy this new approach from Ferrari.

I for one, am excited to see what will happen next year and how he will fare. maybe we will have an Alonso-Lewis type of situation :).

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Congratulations to Vettel who just can't fecking control his nerves and damaged his car today :rolleyes:. Lewis can relax himself with an opponent like this.

vangagal

The big 3 are so far ahead even on this particular tricky circuit. For the sake of F1 i hope they do something. I love they way the big 3 raced each other but i hope more team involve in that.

Giggsy92

Risky strategy from Merc running the ultras... Should be ok but they're not exactly comfortable.