F1 2018 Season

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Bottas is bit of a wet flannel isn't he
There was one lap maybe 2 or 3 to go where he just didn't close up as much as the previous laps and lost out on the DRS by less than a tenth.

You have to be able to win in that position and now it looks like Vettel managed him in that phase.

That said he's competing with the best who happen to be 4-time world champions.

Leg-End

He's a solid Number 2, consistent and will bring the car home but if it's going to be a true Ferrari vs Mercedes with Red Bull close then Bottas is going to cost the team points by not doing enough when it counts.

It's Race 2 of a long season, I get you won't chuck it in anywhere but you know if that was a Verstappen/Ric or Hamilton they would have gone for it or made something happen.

Mercedes should get Danny in.

F-Red

Bottas was far too late in putting his foot down, victory lost for Mercedes as Vettel was a sitting duck for the last 10 laps.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
That was a great race bar the pit stop incident with Kimi. With 5 laps to go I could have bet the house on Bottas to win but somehow Vettel managed to stay ahead. Maybe if Bottas didn't lock up his front tires every other lap he would have won.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
gutted for him , but I have no doubt he will taken care off.
That's for sure. He's going to have surgery soon. Fractured his tibia and fibula. Bad injury :(

Wish him a full recovery

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Think that might be a potential tipping point for the Bottas or Ric discussion. Long season ahead however, Hamilton will be pleased with the 3rd.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I watched the last 5 laps hanging on my sofa :lol: :houllier::nervous:
I watched the last five laps repeating "Bottas will overtake him, Bottas will overtake him, Bottas will overtake him" like a mantra, in part to try and lessen the eventual blow of Bottas actually overtaking him and in part as a reverse jinx

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I watched the last five laps repeating "Bottas will overtake him, Bottas will overtake him, Bottas will overtake him" like a mantra, in part to try and lessen the eventual blow of Bottas actually overtaking him and in part as a reverse jinx
I told my father Bottas he was gonna win for sure. Nice jinx! :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah honestly i didn't really believe it until the final turn. Think i reacted the same way as when Cristiano scored the third in Cardiff :lol::lol::lol:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah honestly i didn't really believe it until the final turn. Think i reacted the same way as when Cristiano scored the third in Cardiff :lol::lol::lol:
I screamed like a madman when Vettel won. Never behaved in this way for F1 :lol:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Bottas isn’t half the driver Rosberg was, let alone Hamilton/Vettel/Alonso.

I wouldn’t mind Ric in either Mercedes or Ferrari next season.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Bottas isn’t half the driver Rosberg was, let alone Hamilton/Vettel/Alonso.

I wouldn’t mind Ric in either Mercedes or Ferrari next season.
Do we know what the situation is with Kimi? That's the wild card isn't it.

My guess is Ricciardo to Ferrari after the season.

I've been quietly impressed with Magnussen - could he be a potential driver for any of the top 3? No. 2 at Red Bull behind Max, or even Merc?

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I've been quietly impressed with Magnussen - could he be a potential driver for any of the top 3? No. 2 at Red Bull behind Max, or even Merc?
Ferrari is the most likely option actually, because of the Ferrari-Haas connection. I can see Magnussen become Vettel’s support driver. He is fast enough to get the job done, but not quite fast enough to annoy Vettel.

Krits

Respect to Seb defending Lewis after a juno clearly wanting a reaction from Lewis.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/1097/vettel-defends-hamilton-over-verstappen-dickhead-comment/
Good one Seb.

Was Hamilton forced to answer? I felt he should have just let Seb's answer be.

In the end, what an amazing race. Best there has been in a while now. As soon as I saw Merc go on Mediums I knew this was going to be challenging.

Thoughts and prayers to the Ferrari mechanic. Has Kimi done any interviews post race?

Fantasy League Race 2 Bahrain

pauldyson1uk

Fantasy League Table after Race 2.

Yet another dreadful race for me, I had only once scoring driver, my other 2 did not finish and I took Lewis out !!!
Another excellent race for Mirror, Signal, Madonado, had a 17 point lead after race 1 after race 2 his lead is 41 !! Well Done.

1st jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 218 X
2nd vangagal Team Skytrain 177 X
3rd 17larsson Buzzing and Hornets 163 X
4th dargonk Dargon's crew 159 X
5th seb_87 Red_Sky_87 156 X
6th muhhaa FC Romantika 155 X
7th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 150 X
8th giggsy92 TeamRocket 148 X
9th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 136 X
10th evan7788 altodevil86 135 X
11th impulse Team 3 129 X
12th eric cartman Cartman 125 X
13th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 112 X
14th muller7uk Muller Motorsport 108 X
15th venkman Toyoda 104 X
16th hephaestus Horizon F1 86

Next race is China Sunday 15th lights out at 07:10.
There is still a few teams with no points , after this race I will be deleting those teams, just to clean up.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Good one Seb.

Was Hamilton forced to answer? I felt he should have just let Seb's answer be.

In the end, what an amazing race. Best there has been in a while now. As soon as I saw Merc go on Mediums I knew this was going to be challenging.

Thoughts and prayers to the Ferrari mechanic. Has Kimi done any interviews post race?
Broken ‎tibia and fibula for him.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Fantasy League Table after Race 2.

Yet another dreadful race for me, I had only once scoring driver, my other 2 did not finish and I took Lewis out !!!
Another excellent race for Mirror, Signal, Madonado, had a 17 point lead after race 1 after race 2 his lead is 41 !! Well Done.

1st jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 218 X
2nd vangagal Team Skytrain 177 X
3rd 17larsson Buzzing and Hornets 163 X
4th dargonk Dargon's crew 159 X
5th seb_87 Red_Sky_87 156 X
6th muhhaa FC Romantika 155 X
7th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 150 X
8th giggsy92 TeamRocket 148 X
9th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 136 X
10th evan7788 altodevil86 135 X
11th impulse Team 3 129 X
12th eric cartman Cartman 125 X
13th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 112 X
14th muller7uk Muller Motorsport 108 X
15th venkman Toyoda 104 X
16th hephaestus Horizon F1 86

Next race is China Sunday 15th lights out at 07:10.
There is still a few teams with no points , after this race I will be deleting those teams, just to clean up.
Think i need to change my 2nd driver, as i have Ocon atm :lol:

Canagel

Hamilton should be favourite in China.
Yep. He's got a really good record in Shanghai plus Mercedes always perform strongly there. Ferrari have good race pace everywhere and Red Bull need a strong race too. Mclaren are ahead of them in the constructors.:eek:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Yep. He's got a really good record in Shanghai plus Mercedes always perform strongly there. Ferrari have good race pace everywhere and Red Bull need a strong race too. Mclaren are ahead of them in the constructors.:eek:
Vettel has won the 2 races he won last year as well so nothing can be said yet.