F1 2021 Season

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Looking through it I really think that collision is more on Max then Lewis. I do think Max had a right to go down the outside, but Lewis left him room and also left him room on the next corner too - he didn’t go right to the apex. Max was never in front and he knew that putting the car there he would crash. To me this has to be a penalty, if you give Lewis a penalty in Silverstone you have to give Max a penalty here.

If they hadn’t given a penalty to Lewis in that race, I’d say this shouldn’t be a penalty either. For me both are racing. But Silverstone was slightly more Lewis’ fault then Hamilton, and this is slightly more Max’s fault than Lewis. So, you have to penalise both if you want to be fair and set that precedent.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@Leg-End just seen the first lap and get your meaning now :lol:

Leclerc and Norris showed how T1/T2 can be done right on the restart though.

Jack-C20

Didn’t realise Perez had a penalty. Could drop to 6th if he doesn’t pull out a gap.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
This thread :lol::lol::lol:

For what? I'd love to know what people expected Max to do? He didn't have the space which resulted in him hitting the curb. He didn't try to hit Hamilton or anything, was bounced into him.
Umm use the run off like multiple drivers have done this weekend when no room and then yield the position again

Tom Van Persie

No relation
50/50 i think. At sprint race yesterday Lewis cant get past Norris and took him about 20+laps to get past Norris today. Who knows with Ricciardo.
Yeah I don't think he would've. Credit to McLaren, they've had good pace this weekend. Really happy to see them get the 1-2.

F-Red

Great drive by Ricciardo and great to see McLaren back on the top step of the podium, plenty in this thread this year have written him off.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Lewis tried repeatedly to reverse back on track which he obviously wouldn’t do if he was hurt. Pretty safe to say that Max was aware of this since his car was literally on top of Lewis’ when this was happening.
Actually not sure if you are being serious about this.. a fecking car landed on top of him. The lack of humanity from people is hilarious

Lightbringer

Lewis went out on cold tires while max had his up to temp, Max could have waited, and Lewis could have given more room. Lewis had to knew he was a sitting duck with cold tires, but he got desperate and shut the door completely. Race incident anyways, move on.

Jack-C20

Brilliant for McLaren! Really hope Ric can push on from this. Makes McLaren much stronger.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Lets go you previously silver colored team I couldn't stand in my youth!

Leg-End

What a drive from both of them, they deserve that. Lando’s win will come too.

vangagal

Yeah I don't think he would've. Credit to McLaren, they've had good pace this weekend. Really happy to see them get the 1-2.
McLaren love this track. Last year Sainz was on course for win also.
Now, Ricciardo can get to drive that Dale Earnhardt car. Win both his bet with Cyril and Zak. :lol:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Bottas basically said he couldn't care less about whose fault the crash was:p

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Looking through it I really think that collision is more on Max then Lewis. I do think Max had a right to go down the outside, but Lewis left him room and also left him room on the next corner too - he didn’t go right to the apex. Max was never in front and he knew that putting the car there he would crash. To me this has to be a penalty, if you give Lewis a penalty in Silverstone you have to give Max a penalty here.

If they hadn’t given a penalty to Lewis in that race, I’d say this shouldn’t be a penalty either. For me both are racing. But Silverstone was slightly more Lewis’ fault then Hamilton, and this is slightly more Max’s fault than Lewis. So, you have to penalise both if you want to be fair and set that precedent.
This is basically it for me. The handling of the Silverstone incident for me should directly influence how they handle this one for the sake of coherence.

Fully Fledged

Hmm, I don’t think that’s really true. I’ll caveat again I’ve only seen the one replay but this:

Shows there was room, and also that Max was alongside going into T2.
If you had watched the race you would have seen that the race line was to hug the right curb into the corner and hug the left curb out of the corner. To leave a cars width would have meant there was no way of making the corner at the speed they were carrying.

The Hilton

Great win for Mclaren, would have preferred Norris, but still great to see a different car winning through their own speed rather than Merc/RB not finishing (even though they didn't finish haha).