g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2021 Season

The Firestarter

Due to a safety feature that was met with significant backlash when introduced , this race will be remembered as one of the most entertaining, and not as another tragedy.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If you had watched the race you would have seen that the race line was to hug the right curb into the corner and hug the left curb out of the corner. To leave a cars width would have meant there was no way of making the corner at the speed they were carrying.
You don’t need to have watched this race to know the racing line. I’ve been there, I’ve literally walked around that corner, I know the racing line.

Dan

Verstappen with a bit more patience might have overtaken Hamilton by the next chicane.

pauldyson1uk

All good :) I know there are fans (on both sides) that can be objective for the most part. That refers to those who live and die on their opinions based on their allegiance rather than on reality. :)
I make no secret I am a massive Lewis fan, I dont dislike Max, he is a future WC.
Both drivers can be idiots ar times, both say and do thing that maybe they should not.
Silverstone was 60-40 Lewis, today I am saying racing incident, both gave nothing and resulted in the crash, maybe Lewis should have backed out and took Max later in the race.

Fully Fledged

You don’t need to have watched this race to know the racing line. I’ve been there, I’ve literally walked around that corner, I know the racing line.
Then how can you say that he could have gave him more room and still made the corner it makes no sense.

diarm

Happy for Riccardo but he's still such a melt. I know a lad who could be his brother in terms of looks and personality. Type of lad if he was made of chocolate, he'd eat himself.

Camilo

Norris is a good boy putting on that brave face! He'll do some winning when he becomes a little more cnuty for sure.

James_42

So Max seems to think it's ok to squeeze drivers off track, but when another driver does it to him he doesn't ever attempt to back out like Hamilton has done many times this season.

At Silverstone Hamilton was a fool for attempting that move apparently, and Max wasn't at fault, now it's the opposite and Hamilton has to leave the space.

Max and Horner said Hamilton was disrespectful after that race for celebrating, meanwhile Max has landed on top of Hamilton's car, and before he even knows if he is ok, he makes a stupid radio message to his team.

If Hamilton did that there would be chaos, but super Max can do whatever he likes without any backlash.

I can't wait to see what Horner will moan bout now.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Must be a fast Walker
:lol:

They open the gates after the race at Monza, to allow the fans to fill the start/finish straight and gather under the podium, after that loads of people walk a lap. It’s such a great race to attend if you ever get the opportunity.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
So Max seems to think it's ok to squeeze drivers off track, but when another driver does it to him he doesn't ever attempt to back out like Hamilton has done many times this season.

At Silverstone Hamilton was a fool for attempting that move apparently, and Max wasn't at fault, now it's the opposite and Hamilton has to leave the space.

Max and Horner said Hamilton was disrespectful after that race for celebrating, meanwhile Max has landed on top of Hamilton's car, and before he even knows if he is ok, he makes a stupid radio message to his team.

If Hamilton did that there would be chaos, but super Max can do whatever he likes without any backlash.

I can't wait to see what Horner will moan bout now.
Horner's borrowing Essien's calculator to count how much it costs to fix Max's car.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
so so so happy. what a result.

I knew we were quick at Monza but I never expected this! huge.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Home race for Mazepin next round. Hopefully he spins less this time.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
:lol:

They open the gates after the race at Monza, to allow the fans to fill the start/finish straight and gather under the podium, after that loads of people walk a lap. It’s such a great race to attend if you ever get the opportunity.
I’ve never been to Monza, o would love to one day.
I just found it funny you said you knew the racing line, you’d walked it :D

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Are you seriously saying two cars can’t go through there together?

I mean it literally happened on the restart.
It’s not about whether they can or can’t though. It’s about who has the right and what sensible drivers would do. Why should Lewis in that position have to give up space so Max can keep his ideal line and just because there is space on the outside for him to give him more room? Surely by the same point then Max should have done that in Silverstone?

And by this logic, every car would just stick their car up the inside on every corner on the basis that the other car would have to give space.

which is why it is not about whether both cars can or can’t get through, it’s about who has the right. And just like Lewis had the right here, Max did in Silverstone. And why in both cases, what I would see as a racing incident between two aggressive drivers not wanting give up anything, once you give the penalty to Lewis in Silverstone you have to to Max here.

The Hilton

Horner's borrowing Essien's calculator to count how much it costs to fix Max's car.
The entire team is extremely self centered to the point of absurdity, all comes from the top down with Horner being such a baby, and it's reflected in Max's extremely spoiled attitude.

Pscholes18

Watching the replay from Max's car. It does look like he's getting squeezed by Lewis ...not sure the rules of corneri, who gets what.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Lewis blames Max , Max blames Lewis, did Sky expect anything else.
Racing incident, both wanted the space, both giving nothing, if the sausage kerb had not been there, maybe they would have got though it.
I think it’s a racing incident too. But I also thought Silverstone was. So if you give a penalty for Lewis there, you have to, IMO, give Max a penalty here.

Dan

Loved that bit where Toto celebrates Bottas overtaking then realises he didn’t make it stick. :lol: