F1 2021 Season

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Max has had poor starts recently bar Mexico. But his race pace is so good I think if he really wanted to he can work up through any loss of position to Sainz and overtake Bottas who will crumble to the pressure. Lewis needs to catch a few drivers napping.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Max has to get a good start and be ahead of Bottas tomorrow. Hamilton could easily win this and the remaining races considering each track has a long straight giving them an edge. Funny how this championship just continues to swap around.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The key for Hamilton is getting past the Aston’s, Alpha Tauri’s, and McClarens ASAP. He has a significant straight line advantage over the Ferrari’s I think so he should be in a good position to pass those, but tomorrow when he also has to think about tyre management, if he gets stuck in a DRS train with those guys that’ll potentially be a problem.

stu_1992

Yes his car is going to be far superior to a lot of the grid, but take nothing away from Hamilton there. What a drive that was. Ominous form heading into tomorrow if he can replicate anything even close to that.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Is DRS still on the cars next year with the new regs?
It would be great if it wasn't and the cars could just naturally pass each other easier. On this track, in particular, DRS makes overtaking look so manufactured

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yes his car is going to be far superior to a lot of the grid, but take nothing away from Hamilton there. What a drive that was. Ominous form heading into tomorrow if he can replicate anything even close to that.
It would be a very on brand for this crazy season for Hamilton to do a madness and win the race tomorrow.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Is DRS still on the cars next year with the new regs?
It would be great if it wasn't and the cars could just naturally pass each other easier. On this track, in particular, DRS makes overtaking look so manufactured
I believe the plan is to keep it at the start but to potentially get rid if it moving forwards depending on results ...

Leg-End

Yeah see now that race highlighted if you do a reverse sprint race they would be mega fun.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The key for Hamilton is getting past the Aston’s, Alpha Tauri’s, and McClarens ASAP. He has a significant straight line advantage over the Ferrari’s I think so he should be in a good position to pass those, but tomorrow when he also has to think about tyre management, if he gets stuck in a DRS train with those guys that’ll potentially be a problem.
Ferrari aren't slow down the straights anymore. Look at how Perez struggled with Sainz while he had no DRS.

Fully Fledged

The reason I asked (and thanks for so politely putting up with my clearly stupid questions) is there a suggestion that Max was simply trying to bring it to stewards attention.

(though I'd have thought such things would be checked regardless?)
Apparently Adrian Newey spoke to the stewards minutes before they went to check Lewis's DRS. Mercedes were saying that Max may have altered the DRS by messing with it but the stewards wouldn't accept that.

RepardReece

A few comments on the reverse grid now after that from Hamilton.

Not saying it couldn't work, but it's a different ball game. This was a sprint, Hamilton didn't really have to worry about tyre wear for one. And you also need to remember he has a new engine, he doesn't have that every single race.

hobbers

Yeah see now that race highlighted if you do a reverse sprint race they would be mega fun.
Not so sure about that. In most reverse grid sprints the ones at the back aren't going to have brand new engines and ridiculous speed advantages.

The Hilton

Did Mercedes replace Hamilton's engine with a space shuttle rocket? I know they're able to occasionally find some good one lap pace, but how on earth was the car suddenly so fast for the entire sprint?

Wicked_Badger

Was that with drs...
Drs is worth up to 15mph.... slipstream another couple of mph... 17mph would be the 27kph
Yeah, he had DRS.

Teams also have the option of different engine modes, which they select for quali and have to keep all race thereafter. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Hamilton’s Merc engine was dialled up pretty high compared to everyone else’s, given its brand new & he‘s got 2 in his pool to use in 4 races.

Barring shenanigans, I think it’ll be a Bot-Ham-Ver podium. No idea which order though!

Jerch

Great drive from Lewis. No matter how his engine was set-up and how much faster car he has some of those moves were incredible and to risk all of this in sprint race was a real sign of how competitive and hungry he is.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Yeah, he had DRS.

Teams also have the option of different engine modes, which they select for quali and have to keep all race thereafter. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Hamilton’s Merc engine was dialled up pretty high compared to everyone else’s, given its brand new & he‘s got 2 in his pool to use in 4 races.

Barring shenanigans, I think it’ll be a Bot-Ham-Ver podium. No idea which order though!
Yes I think Hamilton will have his engine turned up full for the rest ofthe season as he really need to be winning races ... if he blows an engine and gets a dnf then his title hunt is totally over but it over if he does not start taking chunks out of Verstapens lead anyway

ArjenIsM3

The difference in pace today was unreal. Tomorrow will be interesting. It will also be interesting to see if Mercedes can keep this up till the last race without blowing the engine. If they can, I think Hamilton could win the lot.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
He was 4 tenths quicker than Max yesterday. And with the new wing today didn't look any slower. Yes I would put it down to a fresh new unrestricted engine. But even then you need a ballsy driver to complete the overtakes. Brilliant drive and Lewis is on one this weekend.

macheda14

He was 4 tenths quicker than Max yesterday. And with the new wing today didn't look any slower. Yes I would put it down to a fresh new unrestricted engine. But even then you need a ballsy driver to complete the overtakes. Brilliant drive and Lewis is on one this weekend.
I mean he knows it’s do or die this weekend especially now with the DQ and the engine penalty. I am a Lewis fan, but I would mind Max winning this year because he’s so good. But I’m hoping we see Lewis just back to the wall absolutely turn it on and show why he’s the best for the next 4 races.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The difference in pace today was unreal. Tomorrow will be interesting. It will also be interesting to see if Mercedes can keep this up till the last race without blowing the engine. If they can, I think Hamilton could win the lot.
Think they will need to get a new engine for bottas as well and hope that they can pull off a few 1-2 finishes