g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2021 Season

Leg-End

Over cut is the way to go at Monaco, always has been on the Pirelli’s. Mercedes seem to have forgot that, Red Bull didn’t.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
If they were going to cut away from the action then it should’ve been only for Toto’s face.

hp88

Thank feck for Sainz, might actaully bring a bit of excitement into this race.

F-Red

Yea but managing to pick up 4 places at Monaconis crazy
Not really, clear air time will help you gain the time, combine it with a quick pit stop and you're in a good position. Vettel was exactly the same with the overcut. With others in the race dropping time due to their own traffic and it's easy to see why some gain a lot of places in the pits where track position is key.

MTF

I love a Pitt lane cockup.

All the tech, money and maths in modern F1 and still sometimes the wheel just wont come off
Hahaha, exactly. The cars are still mechanical things, not just theoretical aerodynamics.
Saved tyre to go long and went first, they have really cocked it up.
Gonna want to hear their explanation for that. Went for the undercut when essentially it didn't exist. Used softs still faster than new hards.

Leg-End

Yea but managing to pick up 4 places at Monaco is crazy
Over cut and he had good pace in clean air when he got it. Was pretty simple really, Mercedes inadvertently handed that to them as the rest reacted to Hamilton.

Balljy

The way Norris is outperforming Ricciardo is impressive. He's got the signs of a special driver the way he's performing in relation to a good teammate.

Leg-End

I think Mercedes tried to do something to benefit Bottas and have ended up hampering their only actual hope of a WDC. Hamilton’s strength is tyre management and going long, they went totally against it, he could be where Perez is right now.

Hamilton has lost interest, he can’t gain, he can’t lose so he’s going to sulk it home.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The way Norris is outperforming Ricciardo is impressive. He's got the signs of a special driver the way he's performing in relation to a good teammate.
He is looking very special and still just 21.

MTF

Over cut and he had good pace in clean air when he got it. Was pretty simple really, Mercedes inadvertently handed that to them as the rest reacted to Hamilton.
Hamilton also had clean air when for a lap when he came out, before Gasly stopped. But new hards just don't perform like used softs here. Vettel also had clear air after his stop I think. Clear air obviously necessary to push, but I think the tire differential was the deciding factor. As @Leg-End said, Monaco is an overcut circuit, not undercut.

Balljy

I think Mercedes tried to do something to benefit Bottas and have ended up hampering their only actual hope of a WDC. Hamilton’s strength is tyre management and going long, they went totally against it, he could be where Perez is right now.

Hamilton has lost interest, he can’t gain, he can’t lose so he’s going to sulk it home.
What makes it even more bizarre is that Hamilton was saying his tyres were fine whereas Bottas was losing time and saying there was nothing left in his. Even from what the drivers were asking for they made the wrong choice.

F-Red

Hamilton also had clean air when for a lap when he came out, before Gasly stopped. But new hards just don't perform like used softs here. Vettel also had clear air after his stop I think. Clear air obviously necessary to push, but I think the tire differential was the deciding factor. As @Leg-End said, Monaco is an overcut circuit, not undercut.
Mercedes tends to take longer to heat its tyres up, but at the benefit of being able to manage them for longer. Prime challenge when you're putting hards on. A calculation feck up by Mercedes strategy team today, no doubt about it.

Leg-End

What makes it even more bizarre is that Hamilton was saying his tyres were fine whereas Bottas was losing time and saying there was nothing left in his. Even from what the drivers were asking for they made the wrong choice.
They just need to drop Bottas support and concentrate on the fight now, Red Bull are well in this and they will be a one car team from here.

Hamilton of course only has himself to blame this weekend, his side of the garage didn’t get the job done.

Leg-End

Not one of them even has the courtesy to stick it in the wall to make it interesting for a bit.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I'm all for penalising Stroll but that investigation looks a bit harsh

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Perez could pit if they think he can’t take Norris for the fastest lap

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Been so dull I forgot who was winning for about 25 laps.

Balljy

Missed some of the race, how did Seb and Perez gain places.
Hamilton pitted early onto hards, followed by Gasly and they both got overcut by Seb and Perez. Hamilton wasn't exactly happy for the following laps.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Such a poor race. Monaco really needs to be deleted from F1.

Mercades and Ferrari making it even easier for Max.