F1 2021 Season

Tiber

I know it's shite. But there's still something special about Monaco

Tiber

McLaren need to ditch their stupid livery and keep this gulf one. Looks amazing

stu_1992

Happy with that result. Max with the win to keep the season interesting and Carlos and Lando on the podium too who I definitely am big fans of. Not the most exciting race, but sure that's to be expected in Monaco.

dinostar77

Such a poor race. Monaco really needs to be deleted from F1.

Mercades and Ferrari making it even easier for Max.
Monaco is utter utter crap, thats there for the sponsors to have a piss up. Its not fit for modern f1 cars. If every track on the calender was as bad as monaco for overtaking f1 would have died as a sport long ago.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The only noteworthy memory I have about this track is Simon Lazenby's remark about Grace Kelly. Not that I enjoyed, but it's the only thing I will say is worth recalling about. The sooner they drop the sentimentality of the track and find a more competitive one, the better.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Not even a race. Boring as hell. Time to get it off the calendar or change the route if that's possible.

Lesson learned, never go full Santi. My fantasy team just took a hit with Leclerc :lol:

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
That was so bad. Fortunately I had it recorded I basically fast forwarded the entire race except the first two laps and Bottas’ pit stop. Done the whole race in 5mins

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I love Monaco.

Yeah there's no overtaking but watching the cars go within millimetres of the barriers is brilliant.
It's a very unique track that is generally won on a Saturday.

It's nice to have a calendar with varying types of track personalities

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Happy with that result. Max with the win to keep the season interesting and Carlos and Lando on the podium too who I definitely am big fans of. Not the most exciting race, but sure that's to be expected in Monaco.
You can tell that Norris and Carlos are still very good mates. Nice to see.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I love Monaco.

Yeah there's no overtaking but watching the cars go within millimetres of the barriers is brilliant.

I honestly don't quite get this. What is brilliant about cars going within millimetres of the barriers, without overtaking?

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
One thing is for sure, they should have at least a two stop race with really soft tyres and force multiple pits stops. Modern F1 cars will not be able to race on this track, today had the top 8 managing their pace to protect their tyres for the pit stop - something which was obvious to everyone but Mercedes.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I honestly don't quite get this. What is brilliant about cars going within millimetres of the barriers, without overtaking?
You don't enjoy it, I do. It's great to be different.
Same with different types of tracks, it's good to challenge cars/drivers in different ways throughout the year

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
You don't enjoy it, I do. It's great to be different.
Same with different types of tracks, it's good to challenge cars/drivers in different ways throughout the year
I thought the point of F1 was racing.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I love Monaco.

Yea I agree with this. I love it because of all the history, the scenery blah blah etcetc + the qualifying is the best of the season for me. It's the only race where I watch all 3 practices as well, usually I only watch the 2nd one.

However, they really should at least try to do something to make the race a little bit more interesting. Just having the same you-can-only-overtake-in-the-pits-with-a-bit-of-luck sort of a race year in and year out is starting to feel a bit complacent to be honest, especially since the chance of a good race has been going in the wrong direction for decades due to the cars only getting bigger and bigger.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Judging by the comments, glad I decided to give Monaco a miss this season. Been boring for some time now.

ChaddyP

For what its worth i also enjoy watching Monaco. I enjoy seeing the cars drive round. Hope it never goes. I also enjoy the complaining every year

Zlaatan

Parody Account
The cars are too big full stop. It's absurd when you see them side by side with older cars
They compared the size of a 2003 car with a 2021 car on the Swedish broadcast today and the difference is massive, it was like comparing the footprint of a Golf and an S-class.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Alright, then nobody must complain anymore about no overtaking if this is what they enjoy.
I was just responding to your use of the word 'racing'. Obviously, F1 fans aren't a monolithic block. I personally also don't care to see a race without racers fighting for their spots on the track (rather than through qualifying and pit stop strategies). But apparently there are also people that enjoy the art of racing as it's performed in Monaco, and I didn't see that poster complaining about the lack of overtaking.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
This. I’ve only been once but would go back in a heartbeat. Love the atmosphere and that part of the world in general.
Tip; unless you’re loaded with cash stay in Nice and take the train into Monaco.
At least that’s what I did and it was affordable.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Mazepin had a solid performance today, outperformed his team mate.
Mick had problems. At one point he was 30 seconds ahead of Mazepin so not sure what happened.

As for the race, Lewis' pit radio was embarrassing. It was his shit house performance all weekend that put the car there.

Ya'll wonder why he's not liked? He's a spoilt brat. If redbull continue on an upward trajectory this year and what Toto said the other day was correct about Mercedes development, he could be on for a complete and utter meltdown.

redshaw

I thought the point of F1 was racing.
It's more about the excellence in teams, engineering and driving. Overtaking and racing is a bonus in F1. There's other forms of Motorsport out there for actual racing. F1 has had many processions for decades at so called proper tracks and throughout history there's been large gaps between the cars due to engineering and the driver and other circumstances that make racing and overtaking rare and special.

Monaco is a show piece event going back to the start of F1 and requires incredible concentration, hence how Leclerc couldn't even take part, hero to zero, that's Monaco baby.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There's serious man love for Lando Norris on Channel 4. It's nauseating.
what’s wrong with celebrating a great young english driver? he’s the best we’ve had since lewis.

The Hilton

Folks that somehow enjoy Monaco should go to the fairground and watch the carousel go round, it's exactly the same spectacle.