F1 2021 Season

Fully Fledged

Is it confirmed it goes to CAS? I reckon Lewis might actually not want that. Otherwise nice deflection from merc for the absolute shitshow of tactics tonight.
I think that it needs to go to CAS if the fact that the race director can make the rules up as they go then you can't continue this as a sport. That needs to be challenged if nothing else.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Whilst you and others would have a completely different viewpoint if the roles were reveresed lets be completely honest.
I'm a motor racing fan first and foremost. I cheer on the British drivers but I would've been angry today regardless of who win. A world championship should not be decided like that.

Toad

Max was robbed of 50 points at Baku and Silverstone... Lewis was gifted points at Imola and Silverstone.

This is endless.
You are probably right but it’s the fact it’s the last race and we haven’t got F1 for a few months :lol: It’s like City winning it in stoppage time:rolleyes:

Bosws87

This is no sport what a dreadful advert for it :lol:

Even more embarrassing the people that can't put feeling aside and will just jump to defend their favourite this just shows the current mentality of the world as a whole no logic or reason applied.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
And they'll quietly step aside when given certain winks and assurances.
I dunno... I mean would you trust winks and assurances from people who don't follow even their own rules

Better to pull.out last second and kill the competition... perhaps make a deal with formula e first that merc will join provided red bull cant just to show red bull and the fia how powerless they really are in a commercial world

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Surely there's no more Lewis can do in F1 now?

He's better going off to Formula E and making that sport bigger with cleaner cars.
With Russell coming in as well, he could have a challenger beside him and he won't want to lose to a teammate for a third time.
There's also no guarantee Mercedes will be as good next year.

I hope he does stay and would be great for him if he could beat Russell. This result might spur him on and be extra determined again next year

What a mess that was.

Forget who won, that race had more attention on it than any in about 20 years and for it to be decided by a farcical race director/steward decision... that's probably turned off 90% of the potential new fans they had in the making.

There is no way Michael Masi can continue in his position next season.

0le

I dunno... I mean would you trust winks and assurances from people who don't follow even their own rules

Better to pull.out last second and kill the competition... perhaps make a deal with formula e first that merc will join provided red bull cant just to show red bull and the fia how powerless they really are in a commercial world
They cannot just "pull out" of contractual agreements without having financial implications (including sponsorships) which they will be unlikely to do in a Covid environment.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Launching an intention to appeal, if/when they do, the appeal will bet rejected & it’ll go CAS.

Merc probably knew it will go to CAS and have to go through these steps to get there.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Even more embarrassing the people that can't put feeling aside and will just jump to defend their favourite this just shows the current mentality of the world as a whole no logic or reason applied.
The best bit is from the ones 'I like both/support Verstappen more' that claim it was a shit decision but apparently he deserved it 'over the season'. When the hell did that become the measuring stick instead of points.

I swear, this is why people have trouble with logic - they just want it their own way. If it's for me, it's great even though maybe it wasn't fair.

I would love to see what CAS make of this since this is definitely one of these things that a court should be best to opine on (unfortunately). The Race Director has the discretion BUT was he right in using the discretion in the way that he did? Definitely something the lawyers will be salivating over.

Luke1995

Well with the new regulations next year is up in the air. Lewis is a better person than me because I would 100% walk away from the sport if I lost a world championship under those circumstances. F1 drivers are incredible and no driver on the grid deserves to lose a world title like that.
Lewis reminds me alot of Ronaldo. That kind of mental strenght you either build that early on in life or you may never find it.

I would walk away too. He clearly has given the sport everything he had and more. But what makes him so great is that each year he finds new ways to keep himself motivated.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

mercedes won’t bite their nose off to spite their face. it’s a money game after all.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Article 15.3
The Race Director shall have overriding authority in the following matters and the clerk of the course may give orders in respect of them only with his express agreement:
a) The control of practice and the race, adherence to the timetable and, if he deems it necessary, the making of any proposal to the stewards to modify the timetable in accordance with the Code or Sporting Regulations.
b) The stopping of any car in accordance with the Code or Sporting Regulations.
c) The stopping of practice or suspension of the race in accordance with the Sporting Regulations if he deems it unsafe to continue and ensuring that the correct restart procedure is carried out.
d) The starting procedure.
e) The use of the safety car.

This rule will probably mean any Merc appeals are batted away both internally and at CAS.
While a ridiculous subarticle, I agree. I think that is key. Max is world champion.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
A world championship should not be decided like that.
Agreed but I also don't think a title should be determined by one race like Silverstone when one driver takes out another and the penalty received has no bearing and gains 25 points over his rival as a result.

There has been many bad calls throughout this season, including Lewis not being punished today. Bottais held up Max when Lewis was pitting last week, totally ignored by everyone, Hamilton pushed Verstappen off last week again no penalty.

Both drivers have benefited from poor decisions this season if people judge it objectively IMHO.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Yup. Don't worry about integrity and actual sport, let's argue over ridiculously powerful teams and drivers who are horrible people :lol:

This was as in your face as it gets, yet people defend it. Sure all the teams benefit from dodgy shit, but the way that gets spouted with no thought of "hold up, this isn't right!" would be so hilarious if it wasn't the same in all other aspects of life, ones that matter way more.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Honestly see no chance of them arguing against 15.3 at CAS.
yep. also means it’s not a sport, it’s just entertainment and what happens is what the race director wants to happen. that’s shit whichever way you cut it.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Article 15.3 that @hobbers put in looks like it was put in as a safety net in case there are any feck ups from the race director/FIA. I can’t see how Merc get anything when that rule is there. But it’s weird that they seem to contradict themselves

Redlambs

Agreed but I also don't think a title should be determined by one race like Silverstone when one driver takes out another and the penalty received has no bearing and gains 25 points over his rival as a result.

There has been many bad calls throughout this season, including Lewis not being punished today. Bottais held up Max when Lewis was pitting last week, totally ignored by everyone, Hamilton pushed Verstappen off last week again no penalty.

Both drives have benefited from poor decisions this season if people judge it objectively IMHO.
And are you being objective?

Redlambs

Article 15.3 that @hobbers put in looks like it was put in as a safety net in case there are any feck ups. I can’t see how Merc get anything when that rule is there. But it’s weird that they seem to contradict themselves
Be very wary of what Hobs posts.

Also, that rule isn't black and white, in fact it's incredibly open to interpretation by CAS.

Toad

Wonder if Horner paid him to do a piquet jnr

Red bull.. We need a micacle

Lattifi... hold my wallet... erm drink no deffinatly drink
All he had to do was drive round the track and pick up another doughnut

Leg-End

He has been desperate to shit on Hamilton at every chance since i joined the Caf in 2007 so its no surprise.
Stick him on ignore like me, I sometimes have a look at his posts just to see how he’s managed to shoehorn Schumacher into yet another argument. Like clockwork at the last race too.