F1 2021 Season

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
OK, you want to make sweeping statements about how Max was unlucky all season, but not to actually look back at the season and justify your position. Got it. Not dishonest at all. Also just to note: in the video above Max was unpunished for Spain, Imola and Brazil, so your statement is 100% demonstrably false.

Please also quote the message where I said Max was undeserving. I never said that, so by your behavioural standards I could have just ignored your entire post.
You literally put quotes on something I never said. I said "people are acting like". That's way different.

Your video is not available in my country.

Yes I'm willing to make sweeping statements when it's blatantly obvious Max got the short end of the stick many times this season.

Fluctuation0161

Yes. That doesn't mean I like to see 2 laps of SC. Can't even imagine what it was like for the fans at the track. Wtf is your point mate.
My point is, it is ridiculous to claim Max only got some "luck" in the final fix (race). When you consider no significant penalty for brake checking and being awarded half points at Spa for a non race.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
My point is, it is ridiculous to claim Max only got some "luck" in the final fix (race). When you consider no significant penalty for brake checking and being awarded half points at Spa for a non race.
What about the first lap shenanigans from Lewis in Abu Dhabi, the race everyone is so angry about? If Max pulled that stunt, no way would he have been allowed to keep position.

Fluctuation0161

I'm not going to dissect the entire season right now, but even in the last race Lewis got lucky cutting like 400m and not having to give position back. Martin Brundle said surely he has to give it back, but Lewis was allowed to keep going. Everytime something similar happened with Max this season, he had to give position back.

Bottom line: FIA is inconsistent, but Max is not an undeserved WDC. 10 wins, 10 poles, led more laps than every other driver combined. Was 1st or 2nd every race, not counting Hungary and DNF's. People act like Max fans can't be proud or happy to win like this, but those people have no idea what Max has done for F1 in the Netherlands.
Undeserved because, if the final race was not maniplated he would not be WDC. Not his fault, but that blame can go to Masi.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Max set that precedent in Brazil, maybe you should watch it back...
That's not even in the same ballpark :lol: In abu dhabi Max was in front in the corner and all of a sudden Lewis is 400m in front a couple moments later. In Brazil Max was already ahead and stayed ahead and by a much smaller margin. You exposed yourself with that one.

slyadams

You literally put quotes on something I never said. I said "people are acting like". That's way different.

Your video is not available in my country.

Yes I'm willing to make sweeping statements when it's blatantly obvious Max got the short end of the stick many times this season.
Its not blatantly obvious at all. You can argue two things:
  1. Has Max been unlucky with external agents
  2. Has Max been harshly dealt with by the stewards
For point 1 I think you can argue he has yes. In Silverstone there are conditions whereby he doesn't spin off (although I think realistically he has to take some of that onto himself, if the positions has been reversed, Lewis would have avoided and if needs be settled for the 2nd place and lost only 7 points, not 25). You could argue the Silverstone bad luck is balanced by the good luck he got in Monza that his error took them both out, in another timeline Lewis can continue and its a big points loss. In Baku he got a blow out, I've heard some respected pundits pointing out we don't actually know how hard Max was pushing and what state the tyres were in so to call it just bad luck might be simplifying it, but I'll give you that was bad luck. Similarly in Hungary he was unlucky.

For point 2 you are just factually and demonstrably incorrect. One could easily list a bunch of things that Max could/should have been punished for that he wasn't (Imola, Spain, Brazil, Abu Dhabi brake check etc.). I'm sure you'll come back with things you think Lewis should have been penalized for (e.g. the block pass in Abu Dhabi) and we'll disagree on those (note: I think Lewis going off track and holding position was fair, I think probably he should have given more of the advantage back). The point is just because you think its blatant doesn't make it so and you can't expect to make those statements without people asking you to justify them with some evidence. When they do ask you and you wave them away with something akin to "I don't have to, its obvious", that's pretty weak and you'll be called out for it.

slyadams

That's not even in the same ballpark :lol: In abu dhabi Max was in front in the corner and all of a sudden Lewis is 400m in front a couple moments later. In Brazil Max was already ahead and stayed ahead and by a much smaller margin. You exposed yourself with that one.
Can you post a picture at the point where Max gets ahead in the corner in Brazil? He was ahead through the corner because he carried way too much speed and couldn't make it. Any driver on the grid can be ahead on any corner if there's no requirement to actually get around the corner.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Its not blatantly obvious at all. You can argue two things:
  1. Has Max been unlucky with external agents
  2. Has Max been harshly dealt with by the stewards
For point 1 I think you can argue he has yes. In Silverstone there are conditions whereby he doesn't spin off (although I think realistically he has to take some of that onto himself, if the positions has been reversed, Lewis would have avoided and if needs be settled for the 2nd place and lost only 7 points, not 25). You could argue the Silverstone bad luck is balanced by the good luck he got in Monza that his error took them both out, in another timeline Lewis can continue and its a big points loss. In Baku he got a blow out, I've heard some respected pundits pointing out we don't actually know how hard Max was pushing and what state the tyres were in so to call it just bad luck might be simplifying it, but I'll give you that was bad luck. Similarly in Hungary he was unlucky.

For point 2 you are just factually and demonstrably incorrect. One could easily list a bunch of things that Max could/should have been punished for that he wasn't (Imola, Spain, Brazil, Abu Dhabi brake check etc.). I'm sure you'll come back with things you think Lewis should have been penalized for (e.g. the block pass in Abu Dhabi) and we'll disagree on those (note: I think Lewis going off track and holding position was fair, I think probably he should have given more of the advantage back). The point is just because you think its blatant doesn't make it so and you can't expect to make those statements without people asking you to justify them with some evidence. When they do ask you and you wave them away with something akin to "I don't have to, its obvious", that's pretty weak and you'll be called out for it.
First I need to clear up the details on that first lap before I entertain you with the rest of the season. Lewis cut the corner and then just drove a straight line where he could've easily rejoined the track. Watch it back. If you honestly don't think Hamilton should've given position back, we're done talking.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Can you post a picture at the point where Max gets ahead in the corner in Brazil? He was ahead through the corner because he carried way too much speed and couldn't make it. Any driver on the grid can be ahead on any corner if there's no requirement to actually get around the corner.
The clear and obvious difference besides Max being ahead in the corner is the massive gap after the corner. It isn't nearly the same, but if you can argue that, then you can argue anything and there is no point in discussing this any further.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
The clear and obvious difference besides Max being ahead in the corner is the massive gap after the corner. It isn't nearly the same, but if you can argue that, then you can argue anything and there is no point in discussing this any further.
Lewis gave back the time, just not the position. So bit of a moot point.

slyadams

First I need to clear up the details on that first lap before I entertain you with the rest of the season. Lewis cut the corner and then just drove a straight line where he could've easily rejoined the track. Watch it back. If you honestly don't think Hamilton should've given position back, we're done talking.
Ok, we're done then. Its a block pass, its bad racing hence why there wasn't a penalty. Again, just because you think something is 'obvious' doesn't make it so. If you'd like I can find pundits/commentators that agree with me? If its as obvious as you say I shouldn't be able to find anyone to support my position should I?

Also, its absolutely pathetic that you'd go through my entire post, pick up on an 'aside', latch onto it and declare the conversation over. Your inability to back up a single thing you've said with anything other than "its obvious" or "we're done talking" belies the thiness of your argument.

ArjenIsM3

I'm a Max fan but even I could see Hamilton had no option but to go off track. Max left him no room. The issue I have with the incident is Hamilton gained too much of an advantage since he was much further ahead after the corner than he was before. The stewards said he made up for that somehow but I have seen no evidence of that. Still, it's a relatively minor thing considering he would probably have driven off into the sunset anyway. The race pace of the Merc was a lot better.

slyadams

I'm responding to your point about Brazil, dont' change the subject, provide something, anything, factual to back your point up.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
That's a myth. Lewis didn't give back the same and even IF he did, its ridiculous because any other time a driver has to give position back

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
I'm responding to your point about Brazil, dont' change the subject, provide something, anything, factual to back your point up.
You said Max set the precedent, comparing it to Abu Dhabi. So obviously I'm going to point out the differences. You're getting a bit tiresome.

slyadams

I'm a Max fan but even I could see Hamilton had no option but to go off track. Max left him no room. The issue I have with the incident is Hamilton gained too much of an advantage since he was much further ahead after the corner than he was before. The stewards said he made up for that somehow but I have seen no evidence of that. Still, it's a relatively minor thing considering he would probably have driven off into the sunset anyway. The race pace of the Merc was a lot better.
I agree with this. Lewis didn't need to give the place back, but he should have dropped a bit further back. Although as you say, it would have had little effect. Perhaps because the stewards thought the move wasn't fair, they weren't inclined to quibble over 0.5s-1s?

NK86

It is a bloody 'disaster'. Some maybe wanted sports entertainment, but I wanted to watch good sport. Its what keeps me glued to the season rather than just reading results on BBC Sports page. I also casually follow WWE and I get a plenty dose of dramatic sports entertainment and 'spectacles' there.

If Masi fecked up, he fecked up. He can't break the rules to correct it later. If a football ref misses a pen in the first half, he misses it. Can he reset the game 0-0 and give the missed pen to the team in the last 5 min of the game? I have never seen that happen. It makes it a farce.

I've had to explain what happened to so many friends and colleagues who don't follow the sport but heard what happened since Sunday. I'm getting tired of saying: 'I think we witnessed something that we shouldn't have witnessed on live TV'. I certainly didn't want to see that. I think my mood would have been better had I missed the race and read the results on BBC.
Lewis Hamilton lost the WDC because of a feck up does not equate disaster for almost everyone. Anyway, never denied it was not a feck up by Masi, but the feck was not only the one you are mad about, it started from the first lap of the race to the penultimate one where he decided to not allow the cars to unlap themselves earlier.

It was a clusterfeck and it culminated in that final lap.

slyadams

You said Max set the precedent, comparing it to Abu Dhabi. So obviously I'm going to point out the differences. You're getting a bit tiresome.
I didn't say Max set the predecent, you've got the wrong person. If you think someone calling you out on your baseless crap is tiresome, then I heartily appologize. You have other Max fans saying you're wrong.....

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
I agree with this. Lewis didn't need to give the place back, but he should have dropped a bit further back. Although as you say, it would have had little effect. Perhaps because the stewards thought the move wasn't fair, they weren't inclined to quibble over 0.5s-1s?
Watch it back. Lewis could've rejoined the track way sooner than he did.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
That's a myth. Lewis didn't give back the same and even IF he did, its ridiculous because any other time a driver has to give position back
Not if being forced off, which he clearly was. I agree he re-entered quite dodgy, so can see why people complain about that.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
I didn't say Max set the predecent, you've got the wrong person. If you think someone calling you out on your baseless crap is tiresome, then I heartily appologize. You have other Max fans saying you're wrong.....
Whew my bad. It's a bit confusing discussing this with multiple people at the same time.

NK86

I have never seen more vitriol on red cafe. Are F1-threads always like this?
Not as bad as this week. Hamilton losing like that has pissed off all his fans. I cam understand to a certain extent, but give it a rest.

slyadams

Whew my bad. It's a bit confusing discussing this with multiple people at the same time.
When I did the same earlier you declared you would ignore everything else said. Perhaps you need to calm down a bit. There's other Max fans saying Lewis didn't need to give the place back, but you still assert its such an obvious penalty that to deny it is to forfeit the debate. Really?

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
When I did the same earlier you declared you would ignore everything else said. Perhaps you need to calm down a bit. There's other Max fans saying Lewis didn't need to give the place back, but you still assert its such an obvious penalty that to deny it is to forfeit the debate. Really?
Yes because Lewis made no effort to rejoin the track. Also you're right, I'm gonna give it a rest because there's no arguing with you people if you think what happened in the first lap was fair.

slyadams

Yes because Lewis made no effort to rejoin the track. Also you're right, I'm gonna give it a rest because there's no arguing with you people if you think what happened in the first lap was fair.
Even other Max fans who have defended him vociferously in this thread disagree with you, but you again declare it so obvious there's "no arguing with you people". Perhaps you need to take a step back.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Even other Max fans who have defended him vociferously in this thread disagree with you, but you again declare it so obvious there's "no arguing with you people". Perhaps you need to take a step back.
The person you're referring to also said the way Lewis rejoined was unfair. You're not even addressing it. I've mentioned it 5 times now, no reply from you about how he rejoined. Have a good day.

hobbers

He clearly didn't, surely nobody believes that? Though it's something Red Bull will have had to protest after the race and then gone into the telemetries to prove. Brundle was speaking for everyone in commentary with that one.

Don't see the point in arguing about luck, there's only ever going to be one winner for luck this season. Max should have had ~60 more points going into Abu Dhabi based on Baku, Silverstone and Hungary. Lewis fluked 18 points at Imola because of a red flag.

The Brazil fracas cost Lewis no points, Max effectively gained 2 because he should have got a time penalty. Monza cost Lewis maybe 8 points relative to Max, assuming he'd have won and Max finish second. Spa was a 5 point gain to Max but had he won the race from poll then he still effectively lost ground, so that one is irrelevant.

slyadams

The person you're referring to also said the way Lewis rejoined was unfair. You're not even addressing it. I've mentioned it 5 times now, no reply from you about how he rejoined. Have a good day.
He said he thought he should have given more time back, not that the place should have been returned. I've just watched it and I don't think Lewis could have rejoined much earlier. To rejoin in the chicane probably would have conceded a bunch more places (which he didn't have to). He took pretty much a direct path from the part he went off to the exit after the chicane. You can't cut much more off there because there's a wall:

So Lewis drove from where he was blocked off the track a straight line past the chicane and onto the track. What do you think Lewis should have done? If you are forced off the track during a chicane you are not obliged to rejoin and redrive the chicane.

If you'd like to provide any supporting information to your claim, which so far you havn't all thread, I'd be glad to hear it.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
He clearly didn't, surely nobody believes that? Though it's something Red Bull will have had to protest after the race and then gone into the telemetries to prove. Brundle was speaking for everyone in commentary with that one.

Don't see the point in arguing about luck, there's only ever going to be one winner for luck this season. Max should have had ~60 more points going into Abu Dhabi based on Baku, Silverstone and Hungary. Lewis fluked 18 points at Imola because of a red flag.

The Brazil fracas cost Lewis no points, Max effectively gained 2 because he should have got a time penalty. Monza cost Lewis maybe 8 points relative to Max, assuming he'd have won and Max finish second. Spa was a 5 point gain to Max but had he won the race from poll then he still effectively lost ground, so that one is irrelevant.
Spa was the tie-breaker enabling Max to crash both of them out and still win in the final race, though.

The Hilton

Totto didnt mince his words did he? "Lewis was robbed of his 8th world championship.."
He's not wrong though, plus it's important they keep pushing this - if Merc roll over it's a clear sign to the FIA and Masi that they can do whatever they like, no matter the rules.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
He said he thought he should have given more time back, not that the place should have been returned. I've just watched it and I don't think Lewis could have rejoined much earlier. To rejoin in the chicane probably would have conceded a bunch more places (which he didn't have to). He took pretty much a direct path from the part he went off to the exit after the chicane. You can't cut much more off there because there's a wall:

So Lewis drove from where he was blocked off the track a straight line past the chicane and onto the track. What do you think Lewis should have done? If you are forced off the track during a chicane you are not obliged to rejoin and redrive the chicane.

If you'd like to provide any supporting information to your claim, which so far you havn't all thread, I'd be glad to hear it.
I think Brundle knows what he's talking about, don't you? Even explained Max was ahead. You say I'm baseless, but I have Martin Brundle on my side.

slyadams

I think Brundle knows what he's talking about, don't you?
OK, so your only supporting evidence is one commentator agrees with you. Yet the stewards thought otherwise, as did some of the other pundits btw. Provide something, draw a map showing where he went off and where you'd have liked him to come back on. Explain his line and what you didn't like. Do something other than nothing.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
OK, so your only supporting evidence is one commentator agrees with you. Yet the stewards thought otherwise, as did some of the other pundits btw. Provide something, draw a map showing where he went off and where you'd have liked him to come back on. Explain his line and what you didn't like. Do something other than nothing.
You're having a laugh mate. You want me to email you diagrams too? Keep moving the goalposts, I'm done with you :lol:

slyadams

You're having a laugh mate. You want me to email you diagrams? Keep moving the goalposts, I'm done with you :lol:
No, I'm asking to do more than nothing to backup your position, no goalposts have moved, I've been asking you to backup your position. I showed you a picture of the wall that demonstrated the path back to the circuit, you did nothing but show a video of the incident that we've all seen 100 times. In fact, your own video just shows Lewis driving a straight line back to the track, it seems you think Lewis should have turned around and driven back through the chicane. You're a joker mate, you spout sweeping statements then baulk when asked to back them up.