F1 2022 Season

F-Red

Hope so, because if the 2022 Williams and 2021 Alpine were on the same track you wouldnt be able to tell them apart.
BWT are a sponsor of Alpine this year, so there will be plenty of pink on the car.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well, this is the most interesting bunch of reveals for many years.

Wonder if Mercedes will go back to being a silver arrow.
Think it's going to be mainly silver with a touch of black. They've already hinted at it a few times.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How likely are we to see a team miles ahead / behind? aka HRT not qualifying type scenario?

F-Red

Would they have all black overalls for the drivers and no black on the car? I think it will be a mix of black and silver
Unsure on the car if I'm honest, the Black overalls seems to be confirmed from everything I've seen.

Jack-C20

Really liking the look of most of the cars so far but…….. I really don’t like wheel covers. Not that it makes much difference when they’re moving but I just think they’d all look better without them. Hopefully the supposed closer racing makes them worth it.

Fluctuation0161

No, F1 regulations state that a race lasting longer than 2 laps but less than 75% race distance will award half points. His call would have been to get the race done to a stage of completion, in this case 3 laps, to garner a result. As logistically waiting a day for another race just isn't feasible with a race the following Sunday.
I see. Thanks. As I recall he chose to run the cars in conditions that would've never been raceable in modern F1.

pauldyson1uk

Netflix has confirmed that season 4 of its popular 'Formula 1: Drive to Survive' series will be released on its streaming platform on March 11.
The massively successful ten-episode docuseries will cover the drama of Grand Prix racing's action-packed 2021 season, relying once again on its behind-the-scenes, fly-on-the-wall approach to storytelling.
Last year, the series' filming crews were seen hard at work from the start of the 22-race season, but the drama and controversy surrounding F1's 2021 campaign and the fierce title fight between Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen promises an abundance of intrigue.
While F1 fans across the world are eagerly anticipating the fourth season of 'Drive to Survive', the series will unfortunately unfold without any behind-the-scenes involvement from reigning world champion Max Verstappen.

The Red Bull charger - who was absent from season 3 but was still voted F1's most popular driver by the sport's fan community - said last year that he isn't keen on taking part in a series which he says, "fakes a lot of stuff".
"From my side as a driver I don’t like being part of it," the Dutchman said last year.

"They faked a few rivalries which don’t really exist, so I decided to not be a part of it and did not give any more interviews after that, because then there is nothing you can show."

Since its debut in 2019, 'Drive to Survive' has been credited for a big part of the surge in F1's popularity in the US, which in turn has encouraged commercial right holder Liberty Media to add a second race in America, bringing Miami's long-awaited Grand Prix online next spring.

This is worth a read.
https://f1i.com/news/421766-verstappen-wont-take-part-in-fake-drive-to-survive.html

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Netflix has confirmed that season 4 of its popular 'Formula 1: Drive to Survive' series will be released on its streaming platform on March 11.
The massively successful ten-episode docuseries will cover the drama of Grand Prix racing's action-packed 2021 season, relying once again on its behind-the-scenes, fly-on-the-wall approach to storytelling.
Last year, the series' filming crews were seen hard at work from the start of the 22-race season, but the drama and controversy surrounding F1's 2021 campaign and the fierce title fight between Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen promises an abundance of intrigue.
While F1 fans across the world are eagerly anticipating the fourth season of 'Drive to Survive', the series will unfortunately unfold without any behind-the-scenes involvement from reigning world champion Max Verstappen.

The Red Bull charger - who was absent from season 3 but was still voted F1's most popular driver by the sport's fan community - said last year that he isn't keen on taking part in a series which he says, "fakes a lot of stuff".
"From my side as a driver I don’t like being part of it," the Dutchman said last year.

"They faked a few rivalries which don’t really exist, so I decided to not be a part of it and did not give any more interviews after that, because then there is nothing you can show."

Since its debut in 2019, 'Drive to Survive' has been credited for a big part of the surge in F1's popularity in the US, which in turn has encouraged commercial right holder Liberty Media to add a second race in America, bringing Miami's long-awaited Grand Prix online next spring.

This is worth a read.
https://f1i.com/news/421766-verstappen-wont-take-part-in-fake-drive-to-survive.html
He seemed comfortable with that in a different situation :nono:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like the look of that Williams.
Their side pods look very different to the others.
The tech guys on twitter are getting pretty excited about it.

Whether itll be quick on track time will tell - but it seems they've come up with some nice ideas no doubt aided by the extra wind tunnel time they received.

Rumours of the Alpine Renault engine struggling with adapting to the new fuel also - that's a worry for them.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Would be good to see them doing well , it's been too long since that have.
Kimi was the last I think.
Agreed.
One thing I notice is what looks to be a quite small radiator air inlet. But maybe it is just the way the photos show it.

dinostar77

And the saying goes - if it looks good then it probably is good.
But the really key issue is what happens under the floor...
Will have to reserve judgement till we see all of the cars in the flesh on 23rd march at the first test. The ferrari does look good though.

pauldyson1uk

Must admit not taken a great deal of notice of the launches so far.
We are not seeing the full race car yet and I dont think we will see the full 100% race car of them all in the first pre-season testing.

Castia

Love the new shape cars they look much better

The Ferrari is great but I still prefer the Williams