F1 2022 Season

hobbers

It was a valid choice, indicated a one stop race to me,
I’m not saying it’s their fault Zhou is upside down in a barrier by the way, just that it was predictable starting midfield on hards he’d end up swamped. Which he was.

United Hobbit

They're probably having to take their time getting him out in case he has spinal or neck injuries, didn't they say the other day they could lift the seat out with him in?
He could well be knocked out

diarm

Thank god. That must have been terrifying.

Imagine the noise and impact of all that gravel as it flew up around his head?

hobbers

Looking at the replay I think Gasly swiped Russell and span him into the side of Zhou

United Hobbit

Shows how good the safety is now that he's at least out and moving, the stretcher could be for precaution until they can properly check him?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Russell trying to argue he should be able to start since he only stopped to see the other driver was OK. I’m sure he did but his car looks in a state…

Dan_F

Looking at the replay I think Gasly swiped Russell and span him into the side of Zhou
Makes sense as on the replay I’ve seen, Russell’s car was at a really weird angle when he hit Zhou.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Perez had a terrible start(miss shift or something similar) and it was still on par with Ferraris acceleration, what is wtong with Ferrari's start?

Also anyone doubting why Red Bull insist on Max as driver number 1 should check this weekend and see how average Perez is. I mean, they officially gave Sainz podium title yesterday and Perez was still in the flying lap. Verstappen and Leclerc are both much much better drivers than their teammates.

TheHeya

Sky hasn’t shown any replays of the crash yet. You guys got links to any replays?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
He has definitely matured, as is to be expected as he gets older and wiser.
But what sets Hamilton apart from a standard elite sportsman is his intelligence and understanding that because of who he is, he has been given a platform from which to be able to express his thoughts and opinions.

He is a deep thinker and measures his responses.
I am very interested in what his plans are for when he stops racing, having said that he does not intend to be in F1 at 40.
I don't really know him outside his Drive To Survive interviews, but I always thought he came across I credibly well in those, easily the most interesting and thoughtful driver to listen to.
that's 2 lives saved by the HALO this weekend,
There was a fair bit of objection to it being introduced.
I think Toto in Drive To Survive, in response to last year's Hamilton -Verstappen crash at Silverstone, said that he was one of those that objected to the halo originally, but that he has clearly been shown wrong in that.

dinostar77

Would be great if he was allowed to restart, but as he didnt come back to pitlane by himself but on a truck i guess its a no.

pauldyson1uk

I don't really know him outside his Drive To Survive interviews, but I always thought he came across I credibly well in those, easily the most interesting and thoughtful driver to listen to.

I think Toto in Drive To Survive, in response to last year's Hamilton -Verstappen crash at Silverstone, said that he was one of those that objected to the halo originally, but that he has clearly been shown wrong in that.
Yeah Lewis along with a few other said it was not needed, he has been proved very wrong.