F1 2022 Season

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I think the only reason Le Clerc went off track was to avoid getting hit by Perez who was trying to overtake off track and was gonna barge into him.
Should be a penalty for Perez tbh

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
crazy ending, got to love a late safety car.

just shows put them on a track wide enough to take multiple lines to attack and you get pure excitement.

fantastic all round.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Great race all up in the end. LeClerc really doesn't have much luck though. And all things considered Max will be fairly happy that he only dropped a few points in the end to his actual title rivals.

prateik

Excellent race.. partly for the wrong reasons.. the crash was horrific..

But what a race.

The Hilton

Really happy for Sainz, he's waited so long and come close before, nice that he finally broke that duck.

Perez lucky to avoid a penalty, clearly gained a place on Leclerc by cutting the corner, which set him up for his lunge on Hamilton, no way that wasn't gaining an advantage.

dinostar77

I think that Hamilton had that won if it wasn't for the safety car. He was catching the front two with far newer tyres but once Perez came into the equation after the Red Bull was just that much better than any other car.
We wont ever know. He had a chance. But after safety car restart, lewis on softs, Leclerc on used hards and with wing damage was still a tough overtake for Lewis. Mercedes still got a way to go to be genuinely on pace with Ferrari and RedBull.

Lets see what happens in France with the new flexi floor technical directive and how it affects ferrari and redbull.

gormless

That's bollocks. He did nothing wrong all race and should have led even without the SC if not for team orders.

Not his fault that Ferrari fecked up Leclerc's race.
On pole because Max had to slow under yellows.
Let Max through with an unforced error.
Benefited from Max’s damage.
Had Leclerc matching/quicker than him with a damaged front wing.
Benefited from Ferrari indecision with pit stops multiple times, most obviously under the safety car. Ferrari realistically should have prioritised the Championship and undercut him with Charles around the first pit stops

Leg-End

Makes no difference to the result really but I’m baffled Perez has escaped a penalty, that’s shite racing that seems to be let go now.

Leg-End

It happens when overtaking and racing, it isn’t like he gained from it…
He gained position on Leclerc with it and then was still close to retake Hamilton. Cutting a corner should be a punishable offence, it’s not consistent at all when you look at similar incidents this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
max could have got a penalty for running mick off the track also, seems like the stewards were enjoying the race too much

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Leclerc should get DODT for this race and the next for doing what he did after the safety car with a broken front wing and old hards, fantastic drive.

hp88

Sainz has his race win but going Ferrari need to tailor the around Charles if they want a shot at the WDC.

Fully Fledged

We wont ever know. He had a chance. But after safety car restart, lewis on softs, Leclerc on used hards and with wing damage was still a tough overtake for Lewis. Mercedes still got a way to go to be genuinely on pace with Ferrari and RedBull.

Lets see what happens in France with the new flexi floor technical directive and how it affects ferrari and redbull.
Agreed. The car isn't there yet and might not be for the rest of the season.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Makes no difference to the result really but I’m baffled Perez has escaped a penalty, that’s shite racing that seems to be let go now.
they’ve decided after all the stick they got for decisions last year just to not make any decision this year. a bold strategy.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
crazy ending, got to love a late safety car.

just shows put them on a track wide enough to take multiple lines to attack and you get pure excitement.

fantastic all round.
Very much so. For the last few laps it was as good and close racing as I can remember.
Bet the drivers loved it.

Leg-End

I hope this rule change brings the Top 3 closer together, when it’s 3 up front it’s so much more fun.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I don’t understand how Perez escapes a penalty? Only thing I can think of is that he was forced off by LeClerc?

I have to say, I thought Le Clerc did an excellent job on the hards there at the end. And his fight with Hamilton showed what proper hard racing, whilst also being respectful, should be.

Krits

This race proves to me that Charles need to be a clear No.1. I'm very happy for Sainz, he is a good driver. But he is not WDC material. The quicker Ferrari make that call, the quicker they come close to winning one.

hobbers

Perez was forced off and actually lost a position while off. Leclerc also went off and kept a position while off even though he lost it soon afterwards.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
This race proves to me that Charles need to be a clear No.1. I'm very happy for Sainz, he is a good driver. But he is not WDC material. The quicker Ferrari make that call, the quicker they come close to winning one.
It’s sad for Sainz because he is probably at the better end of the spectrum for no. 2 drivers, but Ferrari do need to make this call really.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
oh god is that dorries? prepare for her to walk over to perez after being told to give the trophy to hamilton.

dinostar77

On a sidenote, the entire grid will be desperate to know what was damaged on the redbull to cause it to become so slow. Not obvious from tv and RB will be desperate to keep it a secret.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
He gained position on Leclerc with it and then was still close to retake Hamilton. Cutting a corner should be a punishable offence, it’s not consistent at all when you look at similar incidents this season.
Without a replay, he was ahead of Leclerc going into it having passed then alongside Leclerc at the apex so went offline either outbraked or to avoid. Leclerc was on the outside anyway on a tight corner and they both lost out to Hamilton but were able to come back.

We’ll see on the replays but nobody is really shouting about it on TV so that’s why I asked. And cutting the corner… He rode over the kerb on the second phase of the corner so I don’t think it’s clear cut with Leclerc so close, drivers are constantly going off track when overtaking and sometimes that’s to avoid touching.

Jerch

Max only lost 6 points compared to Leclerc in what it looked like lost race after they discovered damage on the car. Nice damage limitation.
Happy for Sainz and happy that Perez got some luck after unlucky start.