F1 2022 Season

hobbers

Max only lost 6 points compared to Leclerc in what it looked like lost race after they discovered damage on the car. Nice damage limitation.
Lost 12 to Perez though, his main title rival if Ferrari behave like they did today.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The answer is clear. F1 is more exciting when there is a SC. Have the race in quarters. At the end of each quarter the pack is bunched up then set off again for the next quarter, and so on.

laughtersassassin

Max only lost 6 points compared to Leclerc in what it looked like lost race after they discovered damage on the car. Nice damage limitation.
Happy for Sainz and happy that Perez got some luck after unlucky start.
Yeah in context it's very good damage limitation but man probably should have been his win.

That's Bahrain AUS and now Silverstone with major lost points to reliability/damage

Leg-End

On a sidenote, the entire grid will be desperate to know what was damaged on the redbull to cause it to become so slow. Not obvious from tv and RB will be desperate to keep it a secret.
Really good point, they will have an army of engineers studying photos of this race.

DON’T PANIC ™

Curse of the safety car strikes Hamilton once again. Only a couple of secs behind both Ferrari with much fresher tyres would have given him a great chance for P1.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Curse of the safety car strikes Hamilton once again. Only a couple of secs behind both Ferrari with much fresher tyres would have given him a great chance for P1.
In the end I think he’d have finished second ahead of Sainz if there was no safety car.

The person who benefitted most was Perez who otherwise would have had to stop anyway.

dinostar77

Mercedes will be a real threat in austria to both TB and Ferrari. No high speed corners where they suffer bouncing.

Next three tracks are all smooth surfaces. Wouldn't be suprised if Hamilton or Russell won one of them.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm not sure. There was about 6 seconds between Lewis and 1st place, and he'd have needed to get passed 2nd too.

Think he'd have come 2nd personally, but don't think he'd have won it.

Leg-End

Mercedes will be a real threat in austria to both TB and Ferrari. No high speed corners where they suffer bouncing.

Next three tracks are all smooth surfaces. Wouldn't be suprised if Hamilton or Russell won one of them.
Nah I don’t think it will, it’s all straight line and they are not with RB/Ferrari. Austria is pure Max territory, he will dominate it.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
On a sidenote, the entire grid will be desperate to know what was damaged on the redbull to cause it to become so slow. Not obvious from tv and RB will be desperate to keep it a secret.
wasn’t the direct hotline to the stewards as both red bulls were a bit lucky with calls at the end there.

dinostar77

You do wonder when the abu dhabi saftey car curse will be broken for lewis. I think p2 would be the maximum today. But its a shame we wont know as his Hards were 10 laps younger than those on leclrec and sainz.

F-Red

Best race of the season, full of action and close racing thanks to that safety car. Silverstone always delivers for me.

Sainz a deserved victory today, Perez played a great long game and was lucky to not get a penalty on the move on Leclerc. Hamilton could of won today without the safety car. Verstappen could have easily won it today and it goes to show how much RB are playing on the floor to deliver performance.

The directive from France will almost certainly close the pack up, so thankfully we have proper race circuits (not street circuits) so we can see some decent racing.

Deserved points for Mick today, could of had 7th at the end also but looked solid.

Jerch

Yeah in context it's very good damage limitation but man probably should have been his win.

That's Bahrain AUS and now Silverstone with major lost points to reliability/damage
It happens. Until the championship is decided by those things like it was nearly last year I don't put to much emphasis on it.
This season Leclerc had 2 DNFs, Perez had 2 and Max had 2 so it's the same for all of them.

Balljy

They need to look at Silverstone and see what they can do at other tracks if possible if the cars are going to stay the same size. What struck me was the number of racing lines possible due to the width of the track, there were times when 3 cars were all taking different lines and had space to fight out of the corners afterwards.

JoaquinJoaquin

Best race in quite a while for me. Only down part was the restart making it easy for Perez to get on the podium.

hobbers

Karun does a nice job showing how stupid Ferrari were at the safety car

Leg-End

They need to look at Silverstone and see what they can do at other tracks if possible if the cars are going to stay the same size. What struck me was the number of racing lines possible due to the width of the track, there were times when 3 cars were all taking different lines and had space to fight out of the corners afterwards.
Silverstone is one of those rare tracks that was actually improved with major changes and they were prepared to lose an iconic corner (Church) in order to improve it.

Norris

Best race of the season hands down. Glad Zhou is ok as well, so too Albon.

hp88

That’s the key but we got too many countries / cities wanting to host street races so you just can’t replicate a true racing circuit.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Wow what an incredible race, best of 5hr season! The crowd going nuts when Hamilton overtook charles.

Still in shock zhou walked away from that horrific crash!

I love Silverstone, never fails to disappoint

Jerch

Also about Zhou crash. Am i wrong in thinking it benefited Zhou that he launched past barriers and was put to stop with the bottom of the car to the barrier since they are pretty much lying in those cars and impact surface was at maximum.

F-Red

I don’t see Mercedes doing that well next time out. This is a mighty circuit for Red Bull, and the Red Bull Ring is a bumpy circuit in comparison to Silverstone, especially turn 5.

dinostar77

Also about Zhou crash. Am i wrong in thinking it benefited Zhou that he launched past barriers and was put to stop with the bottom of the car to the barrier since they are pretty much lying in those cars and impact surface was at maximum.
Not a bad shout. Possibly. Will will probably find out the g force impact of it eventually.

laughtersassassin

Hamilton just said two of us went through no problem into Copse.

The cheek of him haha.

He was miles from the Apex last year and this time he hit it. That's the difference. Hamilton was the difference in it this season not Leclerc or Max.

That said I rate the trolling. I'm sure he knows it was completely his fault but won't ever admit it.

klsv

What a race, I'm tired. Too bad Mick didn't get Verstappen there. Ferrari are so useless, absolutely frustrating.

Also why do so some still insist calling him Le Clerc? It's like you couldn't afford the license and have to use a made up name. Van Stappen next maybe?

hobbers

Hamilton just said two of us went through no problem into Copse.

The cheek of him haha.

He was miles from the Apex last year and this time he hit it. That's the difference. Hamilton was the difference in it this season not Leclerc or Max.

That said I rate the trolling. I'm sure he knows it was completely his fault but won't ever admit it.
I’m sure someone will put a picture of both and it will clearly show the difference between Hamilton racing when not affected and not fighting for a title, and Hamilton who’s in wheel to wheel with a direct title rival, which we know tends to involve him ramming them off.

laughtersassassin

I’m sure someone will put a picture of both and it will clearly show the difference between Hamilton racing when not affected and not fighting for a title, and Hamilton who’s in wheel to wheel with a direct title rival, which we know tends to involve him ramming them off.
Sky should interview him while showing them side by side. Would make for funny viewing to see how he'd dance around it..

Man is taking that one to his grave haha