g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2022 Season

pauldyson1uk

Seems like all is good for RB, Horner said their floor is legal and Max now says this. No need to worry, bring on the TD :lol:

Max says or should that be what Max read from the bit of paper Horner has passed to him.
I see it has FIA closing up loopholes and if it does not affect RD or Ferrari, fine then let them get on with it.
Should they leave the meddling with rules and regs until next season, yeah maybe, but its FIA they dont do normal.

Leg-End

Falling for the Red Bull spin, it’s got nothing to do with the outside edge of the floor flexing which is what Mercedes have.

klsv

Falling for the Red Bull spin, it’s got nothing to do with the outside edge of the floor flexing which is what Mercedes have.
I'm not falling for anything, I just forgot this thread is a no-sarcasm zone :lol: I find it amusing how Red Bull says they are not worried about anything, yet Mercedes lives in their heads rent free. Mercs must be on the right path considering how the shit-stirring between them and RB is intensifying.

pauldyson1uk

Red Bull Ring , Red Bull home race, will there be anything other than a Red Bull win.
Max is maybe the fastest on the grid this season, he is the best driver so far this season, I am not a fan but I cant take anything away from him, I have been impressed.

hobbers

The TR will still affect Mercedes more than anyone else because it's going to limit the vertical oscillations that are allowed.

That means what Mercedes did in Baku won't be allowed. So on the bumpy tracks after France they're going to be running like a McLaren.

avgp_1

I dont know why everyone hates on the Sprint Races. We get competetive racing from a Friday and FP1 is intense

pauldyson1uk

I dont know why everyone hates on the Sprint Races. We get competetive racing from a Friday and FP1 is intense
OK you do have a point, but I just think its unnecessary, eats into the budgets.
Personally only been brought in for the DTS fans, would not shock me if Netflx put the thought in FIA head, qualifying at 4pm (UK time) is just mental.

hobbers

The new technical regs wont come in until after the summer break now.

pauldyson1uk

bit of meat to the bones.
Breaking: Cost cap to rise by 3% due to inflation
Following a vote at an F1 Commission meeting in Austria, it has been agreed that the cost cap will rise in 2022.
Many teams - namely Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes - had been calling for an increase on the spending limit due to rising global inflation.
A limited increase of 3.1% on the $140m cost cap has been agreed. The FIA say this will "preserve the long-term integrity of the Financial Regulations".

avgp_1

RedBull well quicker in the first 2 sectors, Leclerc seems to pull some gap back in the faster final sector

Leg-End

Red Bull used to smash this track when they had a downforce car, they will obliterate it now with this slippery straight line machine.

ArjenIsM3

bit of meat to the bones.
Breaking: Cost cap to rise by 3% due to inflation
Following a vote at an F1 Commission meeting in Austria, it has been agreed that the cost cap will rise in 2022.
Many teams - namely Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes - had been calling for an increase on the spending limit due to rising global inflation.
A limited increase of 3.1% on the $140m cost cap has been agreed. The FIA say this will "preserve the long-term integrity of the Financial Regulations".
I mean inflation has been around 10% where I'm at but at least 3% is something :lol:

Mike Smalling

The Haas' Grand Prix weekend boom-bust cycle has now started - K-Mag and Mick are 6th and 9th in FP1! It will end in disappointment, but they always get your hopes up.

avgp_1

I think it'll be postponed till 2023. Brundle doesn't think the changes are that significant anyway to push them through urgently

pauldyson1uk

I think it'll be postponed till 2023. Brundle doesn't think the changes are that significant anyway to push them through urgently
I have not heard that, can only find this.

The new FIA rules to address Formula 1 cars bouncing have been delayed until the Belgian Grand Prix following an F1 Commission meeting on Friday.

The technical directive, aimed at cutting out the bouncing over fears for driver safety, had been set to be introduced at the French Grand Prix in two weekends’ time.

But that has been put back until after the summer break at Spa at the end of August.

hobbers

Ferrari and RB complaining they need more time to be compliant. Which sugggests this TD could cause issues for both teams.
More likely Merc complaining they need more time to develop away from a wildly vibrating shitbox.

pauldyson1uk

Qualifying on a Sprint weekend: A reminder...
While this session has been moved from Saturday to Friday, it's not too different at all to the usual qualifying.
The shootout will be an hour long with three segments - Q1, Q2 and Q3. The five slowest drivers will be eliminated at the end of Q1 and Q2 before the top-10 face off in Q3.
The big change comes in the fact that the finishing order does not set the grid for Sunday's race, but for Saturday's Sprint.
That shorter race, of course, then dictates the starting order for the Austrian Grand Prix.

Just a reminder of what's going on, 4pm on a Friday UK time is a fecking stupid time to have it.