F1 2022 Season

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
That was a great race. What a race from Verstappen, there is just no stopping him, he's on a level of his own this year.
Embarrassing from Ferrari again

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ferrari are such a shambles. Embarrasing.

dinostar77

Ferrari need to fire their race strategists. That should have been a ferrari 1-2. What a mess.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Merc have reliability nailed down, if they can keep edging forward relatively to RB and Ferrari on pace, they could make things interesting for the second half of the season. Not enough to challenge for either title id think, but certainly enough to disrupt RB and Ferrari.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Just astounding clownery from Ferrari. This has to be a good shout for worst call of the season, and they've already put up some strong contenders.

Comfortable win in the bag and they decided they'd rather be 6th.

The commentators knew it was stupid, everyone in this thread knew it was stupid, everyone watching who has seen more than a handful of races knew it was stupid. It's almost impressively shit.

telstar96

Absolutely gutted for Leclerc. Let down by Ferrari once again. However, can't neglect the fact that even if he finished 1st, Max most likely would have finished 2nd/3rd. The bad days at Ferrari are so much more costly than the bad days at Red Bull.

klsv

Fantastic by Mercedes. Thought they're going to be back to 5th and 6th after Friday.

Ferrari should sack Moyes, the title was gone weeks ago but you can still save your dignity.

Fun fact as we go to the summer break. It's Leclerc not LeClerc or Le Clerc.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Lewis finding out Ferrari were on hards in the drivers room.

‘They we’re on hards?’ He said incredulously.
‘Yeah’ said Verstappen, chuckling.

Ferrari really are a laughing stock

The Hilton

Max raced a good race but he can't be driver of the day given the spin - if Ferrari weren't idiots it would have cost him the win.

RoadTrip

Yup. And pit stops!
The call for Max to come in for his second pit stop was actually brilliant. It’d have been easy to go status quo because Max was faster than the cars in front and realistically would have overtaken them. But they really considered all the factors, knowing if they pit now, either Ferrari don’t pit Leclerc meaning Leclerc would come out behind them when he pits albeit on softs, or force them to pit now knowing that with the number of laps left and already using both medium compounds, they couldn’t go soft unless they wanted to pit twice, only leaving the hards. It shows an incredible level of thinking beyond anything that Ferrari have shown, who really should have preempted it by sending both cars on the softs on the second stint which would have eliminated that move from Max.

Abizzz

Great drive by Max. The PU change looked like a great decision given how he was flying the entire race except for the sudden loss of talent after changing to mids.

It's kinda suprising Ferrari manage to turn up at the right tracks at the right time with this management in place.

Steadily improving mercs might actually make them 3rd at the end of the season :lol:

laughtersassassin

Maddest race of the year that.

What an unbelievable drive by Max. Even without the Ferrari feck up for Leclerc he would have got second. Unbelievable.

Great drive by Russell and Lewis as well.
Right on Ferrari's heels in the constructors.

Perez needs to improve big time after summer but atleast he held off Charles at the end.

Shiva87

Leclerc must be totally fuming. This is the 4th time that he has lost a race win because of Ferrari strategy this season.

Ferrari seem to want to make sure he doesn't win the title. His mediums in the second stint were used less than Hamilton's softs in the last stint. What were they thinking pitting him then and putting him on hards.

He was miles ahead of everyone on pace. It's like Ferrari said - you are lapping a .5 second or so faster than everyone else. Let me put you on hards and make it 1 sec a lap slower. How's that for a challenge!

Robertd0803

Jesus Christ Ferrari.

Like seriously??

That might be one of the worst strategy calls in years.

Still trying to figure out what they were thinking.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

Between reliability, then in the races where they don’t fail, awful strategy, and then in those races where neither of those things (which is rare) happen, driver error, how many truly clean races have they had this year?

Siorac

Of course there's no rain during the race but the moment I get off the train in Budapest and try to get home, it's raining all over the city. Typical.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Race of the year for me. Max was unbelievable, Lewis needed another 10 laps and it was his for the taking. Shame for Russell but he will get his chance.

Less said about Ferrari the better

laughtersassassin

Max raced a good race but he can't be driver of the day given the spin - if Ferrari weren't idiots it would have cost him the win.
To be fair he was getting 2nd from 10th regardless of the Ferrari feck up so think he is driver of the day.

Lewis close second in best drive for 7th to 2nd

laughtersassassin

Race of the year for me. Max was unbelievable, Lewis needed another 10 laps and it was his for the taking. Shame for Russell but he will get his chance.

Tyre difference/advantage probably maybe would have started to fall off by then.

Mediums versus softs with what 10 lap difference? The best off the softs was already worn of

gormless

I thought it was reasonably boring to be honest. Max was a clear cut winner from the second Ferrari decided on hards. Sky did there best to make it seem interesting with the rain when it wasn’t really there. It doesn’t touch Silverstone

Skills

Snitch
Can Lewis win a race this year to extend his record of a win every season?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Tyre difference/advantage probably maybe would have started to fall off by then.

Mediums versus softs with what 10 lap difference? The best off the softs was already worn of

Hard to tell. Lewis was almost a second a lap faster running into it. You may be right that when he got into overtaking territory that the degradation would have fallen off a steep cliff.

I thought it was reasonably boring to be honest. Max was a clear cut winner from the second Ferrari decided on hards. Sky did there best to make it seem interesting with the rain when it wasn’t really there. It doesn’t touch Silverstone
It was the 2nd to 6th fight that I found fascinating. RB and Max got it spot on on the day for 1st so it was a foregone conclusion. Seeing Ferrari implode yet again was just painful to see but great to see the Mercs competing properly this race

RoadTrip

All a bit of a mute argument really because Max’s tyres would also have fallen off, but most likely is that neither would have eeked 10 more laps out of their tyres.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
All a bit of a mute argument really because Max’s tyres would also have fallen off, but most likely is that neither would have eeked 10 more laps out of their tyres.
Like I said, hard to tell. Lewis was fighting to get into 2nd and that may have led to having no grip in another 10 laps, but good to see he had the pace and could have challenged

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Like I said, Ferrari aren’t going to win anything with Binotto as their team principal.

He’s fecking clown who forced out Arrivabene and Ferrari went from second best to fecking hopeless in strategy :lol:

laughtersassassin

Yeah that's what I'm saying both of their tyres probably would have been shot

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Between reliability, then in the races where they don’t fail, awful strategy, and then in those races where neither of those things (which is rare) happen, driver error, how many truly clean races have they had this year?
I said a while ago that I would do anything for two clean races in a row but I don’t know what I was thinking, I have a better shot at marrying a 23-year old Ana De Armas than for that to happen.

vangagal

Like I said, Ferrari aren’t going to win anything with Binotto as their team principal.

He’s fecking clown who forced out Arrivabene and Ferrari went from second best to fecking hopeless in strategy :lol:
At least under Arrivaberne Ferrari looked genuine on pace for championship untill Vettel's self implode at Germany 2018.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Horner and Max saying they were going to start on hards but changed their minds after the lap to the grid.

Ferrari had half a race and several other cars on the hard tyre to analyse.