F1 2022 Season

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Can Lewis win a race this year to extend his record of a win every season?
The way they're going at the minute and the way the car is headed I think it's definitely on the cards, although he might just get a fortunate one out of the blue.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
At least under Arrivaberne Ferrari looked genuine on pace for championship untill Vettel's self implode at Germany 2018.
To be fair it was also because Binotto was doing what he was good at during that time.

He’s an engineer by training, should stick to being their CTO instead of wasting his drivers careers.

matherto

Ferrari need less Italians in the team it seems, they only win when they do that. Lauda came in and tore up the culture and then Schumacher, Brawn, Byrne and Todt did the same. Binotto will get hounded out and rightly so but it needs to be a wholesale change I think so unless they make a massive move for Toto or Horner perhaps and some of their support staff/structure I'm not sure it'll matter.

It's astonishing really how bad they usually are throughout their history given all the advantages they have. Pathetic team.

Canagel

Leclerc must be totally fuming. This is the 4th time that he has lost a race win because of Ferrari strategy this season.

Ferrari seem to want to make sure he doesn't win the title. His mediums in the second stint were used less than Hamilton's softs in the last stint. What were they thinking pitting him then and putting him on hards.

He was miles ahead of everyone on pace. It's like Ferrari said - you are lapping a .5 second or so faster than everyone else. Let me put you on hards and make it 1 sec a lap slower. How's that for a challenge!
He is part of the problem too because he can't dictate a strategy. He just follows their orders like sheep and doesnt challenge their decisions. The likes of Hamilton overrule their team if they feel its required. It's the drivers responsibility to communicate.

Ferrari are run badly but they need a quick driver that has a picture of the race. Sainz does it occasionally but isn't quick enough.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
He is part of the problem too because he can't dictate a strategy. He just follows their orders like sheep and doesnt challenge their decisions. The likes of Hamilton overrule their team if they feel its required. It's the drivers responsibility to communicate.

Ferrari are run badly but they need a quick driver that has a picture of the race. Sainz does it occasionally but isn't quick enough.
We really won’t see if Leclerc is just a rapid, talented driver, or one capable of truly challenging for a world title, until next year. He is inexperienced in terms of a title fight, the keys i am looking for is how he improves over the second half of the season. This title is lost for sure.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What a stupid take. How is he supposed to know that Magnussen, Alonso and Ocon have looked like bambi on ice on hards somewhere in the midfield?

The team have that information and they've fecked it.

matherto

What a stupid take. How is he supposed to know that Magnussen, Alonso and Ocon have looked like bambi on ice on hards somewhere in the midfield?

Lewis and Max would ask if they didn't have that information.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Lewis and Max would ask if they didn't have that information.
Maybe, and they'd have been fobbed off by the team with half a story in the same way Leclerc probably was. There's just no way to pin that call on the driver.

Canagel

Nobody forced him to come in without asking questions. He said he was quick on the mediums and should have voiced that to the team. Why would you voluntarily drop a set of working tires while having good speed?

Leclerc is fast but he isn't vocal that's my issue. Also it doesn't take a genius to realize that you wouldn't be able to switch the hard tyres on in cold weather.

dinostar77

Horner and Max saying they were going to start on hards but changed their minds after the lap to the grid.

Ferrari had half a race and several other cars on the hard tyre to analyse.
They cocked up from the start. Should have split tyre strategy on the grid to cover off verstappen. One on MED, other on SOFTS. But they didnt do that.

Then it was cock up after cock up. I'm really surprised someone hasnt been fired already.

Its a real shame as im indifferent to who wins the WDC this year, i wanted it to go to the wire. Unfortunately 2 of the next 3 races have very very long straights, which will suit the RB. So i wouldnt be suprised if max won the next three races in the trot after the summer break (spa, dutch and monza).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If Ferrari had the strategists of RB or Merc they would be coasting the championship. It’s disgusting how poor they are for a so called ‘top’ team.

dinostar77

The way they're going at the minute and the way the car is headed I think it's definitely on the cards, although he might just get a fortunate one out of the blue.
I think they will one, probably after the championship has been decided. I'd guess singapore, brasil or abu dhabi would be the best bets personally for a win.

As others said it might be a victory via dnf or strategy. Alot depends on how Mercedes are at Spa.

dinostar77

If Ferrari had the strategists of RB or Merc they would be coasting the championship. It’s disgusting how poor they are for a so called ‘top’ team.
Its utterly inconceivable that Mercedes are only 30 points behind ferrari in the constructors championship. Especially after how bad Mercedes have been in thr first half of the season.

Shiva87

I don't think you can say that about today. Leclerc isn't supposed to know where he will come out after he stops. He was leading the race and it's on the team to figure if the pit offset is enough to keep him ahead after the tyre offset.

I prefer Max winning anyway so it's good but i really feel sorry for him.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
They cocked up from the start. Should have split tyre strategy on the grid to cover off verstappen. One on MED, other on SOFTS. But they didnt do that.

Then it was cock up after cock up. I'm really surprised someone hasnt been fired already.

Its a real shame as im indifferent to who wins the WDC this year, i wanted it to go to the wire. Unfortunately 2 of the next 3 races have very very long straights, which will suit the RB. So i wouldnt be suprised if max won the next three races in the trot after the summer break (spa, dutch and monza).
I think they stupidly thought Max wouldn’t be in their race today as he was starting in 10th, and they completely lost the plot when he was.

Leg-End

If I could get odds on Hamilton to be 2nd in the standings by season end I would take it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

:lol: mystic meg in the cockpit

Leclerc actually said he wanted to take the mediums longer but they went for hards anyway.

Ferrari bottled it once again. Nothing Leclerc can do about that.

Canagel

:lol: mystic meg in the cockpit

Leclerc actually said he wanted to take the mediums longer but they went for hards anyway.

Ferrari bottled it once again. Nothing Leclerc can do about that.
He didn't say it in the race though that's the point. If you feel you can go long and they tell you to come in you are allowed to question it.

The driver has to feed the ontrack information to the team. If he says I'm good on this tyre, i dont need to pit they wont pit him but he just follows them blindly. Its a bad trait. The Red Bull drivers told their team even before the race started the soft wasn't warming up so they changed their hard tyre plan and adapted their strategy based off the input from the driver. It's not just the teams fault. I'm not saying he has do it all the time but if he can't take charge of a strategy or question anything he will keep losing.

The Hilton

To be fair he was getting 2nd from 10th regardless of the Ferrari feck up so think he is driver of the day.

Lewis close second in best drive for 7th to 2nd
Yeah I'm not saying he didn't drive well, but given how far ahead of the pack RB and Ferrari are in terms of pace, he was always gonna end up 3rd at minimum. Without the spin its fair to give it to him, as he did have the biggest position jump, but the fact that he could spin like that and still nobody could get near him was a damning indictment of the rest of the field.

Anyway DOTD or not he's had the championship sewn up for weeks, so I doubt he'd be too bothered about missing out on it!

hobbers

Max won driver of the day by a huge margin, as expected and obviously deserved.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He didn't say it in the race though that's the point.
How do you know? you're not privy to every single radio call.

Leclerc says he did tell the team that during the race.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
These new regs are amazing. Lot's of overtakes on a tight track like this. It's great.

Ferrari wow

Max wow

Tyrion

Russell, Verstappen and Hamilton laughing at Ferrari on the hards in the cool down was pretty funny and a fair summary of the race.

The Hilton

Nah even with the spin Max was driver of the day.
Iam no Max fan, but credit where it is due, bided his time, drove a very nature race.
I dunno, he basically didn't have any competition, Ferrari self immolated as usual and no other cars are near his pace wise.

Like I said, he drove well, but nothing exceptional, he made a mistake but wasn't punished because Ferrari are a joke and no other cars are near his.

As I said though, it's immaterial as the WDC has been his for weeks.

Mike Smalling

Hardly. They would be closer, of course, but certainly not coasting. Better strategists wouldn't prevent their engines from exploding.

avgp_1

Russell, Verstappen and Hamilton laughing at Ferrari on the hards in the cool down was pretty funny and a fair summary of the race.
Yeah George even said he felt sorry for Leclerc in his media interview post race. It's incredible

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hardly. They would be closer, of course, but certainly not coasting. Better strategists wouldn't prevent their engines from exploding.
Sainz and Leclerc would both be up at the top every race. Perez is hit and miss for RB so they’d be easily ahead constructer wise.

Mike Smalling

Sainz and Leclerc would both be up at the top every race. Perez is hit and miss for RB so they’d be easily ahead constructer wise.
Yes, for constructors you may be right. I was thinking you meant Leclerc leading Verstappen in the drivers. And if I recall correctly, both Sainz and Leclerc have certainly dropped plenty of points through driver errors as well.

In any case, it is a big shame that the top three teams are not at least somewhat equal in terms of strategy. You have to feel for Leclerc every time Ferrari takes positions from him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yes, for constructors you may be right. I was thinking you meant Leclerc leading Verstappen in the drivers. And if I recall correctly, both Sainz and Leclerc have certainly dropped plenty of points through driver errors as well.

In any case, it is a big shame that the top three teams are not at least somewhat equal in terms of strategy. You have to feel for Leclerc every time Ferrari takes positions from him.
I think Leclerc would probably be leading too with better strat and team too. You don’t make as many mistakes when you have a good team around you that help you rather than hinder you. You don’t have to push as much to fight against their shit.

Mike Smalling

I think Leclerc would probably be leading too with better strat and team too. You don’t make as many mistakes when you have a good team around you that help you rather than hinder you. You don’t have to push as much to fight against their shit.
I think you would be hard pressed to find 80 points lost for Leclerc that you could attribute to the Ferrari strategy team.