F1 2022 Season

Fully Fledged

Leaving aside that it was obviously the safety car that won Abu Dhabi for Max, what was it about Perez's sterling defence vs Hamilton that meant he sacrificed his entire season? Sorry going to need that explained to me slowly, ideally in a way that doesn't sound deranged.

If you dont like a dose of sanity and balance in this thread feel free to ignore me.
Seems to work well for a couple of the Herberts around here.
:lol: :lol::lol:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Leaving aside that it was obviously the safety car that won Abu Dhabi for Max, what was it about Perez's sterling defence vs Hamilton that meant he sacrificed his entire season? Sorry going to need that explained to me slowly, ideally in a way that doesn't sound deranged.

If you dont like a dose of sanity and balance in this thread feel free to ignore me. Seems to work well for a couple of the Herberts around here.
If Perez didn't hold Lewis up, Lewis would have had enough of a buffer to pit during the safety car. It wasn't the only reason Max won, but it was a factor.

hobbers

It was a team order so clearly it was safe to do so. It was a dick move by Max, make all the excuses you want.
We dont know when the order was given.

I agree it was a dick move if he was on his gearbox but I dont think he was. I think he got the order too late to do anything about it but I could be wrong.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

If you dont like a dose of sanity and balance in this thread feel free to ignore me. Seems to work well for a couple of the weaker-willed Herberts around here.
Ok.

Leg-End

If you dont like a dose of sanity and balance in this thread feel free to ignore me. Seems to work well for a couple of the Herberts around here.
Perez’s defence cut Hamilton’s lead, without that Hamilton could have changed tyres under VSC with a gap to Max. Let’s not re-write history, Max owes Perez a hell of a lot for 2021.

klsv

Absolutely love Interlagos. Hope Lewis will get his win in Abu Dhabi, in the most controversial way possible :drool:

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch

I agree it was a dick move if he was on his gearbox but I dont think he was. I think he got the order too late to do anything about it but I could be wrong.
I mean.. did you hear the radio message? if not, you should listen, and stop peddling this

ArjenIsM3

Max was like 3 or 4 seconds ahead of Perez in the final lap. Would have been different if Perez had been able to keep up but he didn't.

hobbers

If Perez didn't hold Lewis up, Lewis would have had enough of a buffer to pit during the safety car. It wasn't the only reason Max won, but it was a factor.
Max caught up 6 seconds on Lewis because of Perez. He was about 10 seconds off when Latifi crashed. Don't know if that's enough of a buffer even under yellow flags.

Though the main point of contention is still how Perez "sacrificed his entire season" :lol:

Leg-End

Max was like 3 or 4 seconds ahead of Perez in the final lap. Would have been different if Perez had been able to keep up but he didn't.
He has a brake pedal, it’s literally a pointless thing to be controversial about and actually be a team player.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Max caught up 6 seconds on Lewis because of Perez. He was about 10 seconds off Hamilton when Latifi crashed. Don't know if that's enough of a buffer even under yellow flags.

Though the main point of contention is still how Perez "sacrificed his entire season" :lol:
16s is more than enough with VSC for most tracks, I believe

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Could see Russell winning a world championship
He's very very fast. Give him the car and he'll be there or there about's no doubt. In equal machinary I don't think there is much separating the likes of Verstappen, Norris, Russell. LeClerc very quick on one lap pace but over his consistency is iffy.

sepulturite

Max in bell-end shocker, not. It’s a one man team and RB have created a monster. He’s so talented too, doesn’t even need to be an arse but just is one.
All world champions end up being dicks while they're winning so much, it's always been that way. I actually can't remember a multiple world champion that was actually likeable while they were in the middle of winning all around them. It's very fecking rare.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
All world champions end up being dicks while they're winning so much, it's always been that way. I actually can't remember a multiple world champion that was actually likeable while they were in the middle of winning all around them. It's very fecking rare.
Vettel being a very good example of this. He was unbearable and an outright twat while winning all the time. Ever since he stopped winning, he became such a great guy.

Maybe it's just Red Bull, though

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
By the way, what is wrong with Ricciardo, that's two races in a row where he's stuck his nose in where he shouldn't. It's pure incompetence, for someone of his experience inexcusable.

RepardReece

Not really, Hamilton pits and has fresh tyres for the last lap without Perez's defence. That race was not the only time Perez did something for Max last season....
:lol: Nah you see, I couldn't block this, comedy gold. Everything you put on here is full bias for Max, and maximum hate for Lewis. There is no balance and sanity. There is a reason why so many so-called "herberts" have you ignored - because everything you post adds zero value to the thread.

Anyway, putting that aside, what a race. Interlagos never disappoints.

Leg-End

Yeah agreed, ruthlessness becomes a trait.

But Max was a bell-end long before he was a World Champion.

sepulturite

Vettel being a very good example of this. He was unbearable and an outright twat while winning all the time. Ever since he stopped winning, he became such a great guy.

Maybe it's just Red Bull, though
Nah not just red bull, I've found Hamilton unbearable since he started winning nearly every year, Schumacher was the same too.

The Hilton

I know Max is your boy, but do you genuinely not think it was poor form to refuse to give the space back?

Given that Checo has been a brilliant wingman, has regularly sacrificed his own race for Max, yet even with the championship sewn up Max refused to help him out. That's about as petulant is it gets.

Fully Fledged

Not really, Hamilton pits and has fresh tyres for the last lap without Perez's defence. That race was not the only time Perez did something for Max last season....

:lol: Nah you see, I couldn't block this, comedy gold. Everything you put on here is full bias for Max, and maximum hate for Lewis. There is no balance and sanity. There is a reason why so many so-called "herberts" have you ignored - because everything you post adds zero value to the thread.

Anyway, putting that aside, what a race. Interlagos never disappoints.
It adds comedy gold.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Tbf it's the other way around for most on here. Don't think anybody on here is neutral.
You're probably right that most people, me definitely included, aren't neutral. But there's a difference between favouring one driver and going full on North Korea about it

sepulturite

Yeah agreed, ruthlessness becomes a trait.

But Max was a bell-end long before he was a World Champion.
Yeh I agree, I've never really liked Max myself aswell, but he's definitely been worse since he's started winning alot.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Pretty sure he got told in good time and his reply (“I’ve already made my feelings clear on this”) suggest a premeditated decision to give nothing to your teammate… when you’re already WC. Looks cnutish

(edit “I told you already last summer, guys, don't ask that again to me. Okay? Are we clear about that? I gave my reasons, and I stand by it."

To have won the WC and have a chance for 1-2, then do this …. what a nob! Comes from Horner treating him like a spoiled child)

hobbers

It only looks 'full bias' because of the amount of deluded vitriol and bitterness going in the other direction.

At least if it's comedy gold, there's presumably no need to whine so much about it then?

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Even Schumacher let Rubens win as “payback” after he won the world championship and it was a dead race [following Rubens letting MSC win a race when he was leading for the title]. No excuses for Max.