F1 2022 Season

hobbers

Drivers deliberately crash in qualifying to protect their position? No way!

The Hilton

again a fair point.
It would be if the guy making it didn't pretend to be a Norris fan who was completely neutral for most of last year.

Verstappen could drive straight into the crowd, and he'd find a way for it to be Hamilton's fault.

klsv

Why would Perez want to deliberately crash to finish 3rd in the qualifying? And why would he admit that to anybody and risk a severe punishment?

hobbers

Why would Perez want to deliberately crash to finish 3rd in the qualifying? And why would he admit that to anybody and risk a severe punishment?
And if he did admit that to Horner and Marko why would ViaPlay get wind of it?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
So just that I understand this correctly, this is an accurate report and not some conspiracy theory by the heavily biased Dutch media :wenger: ?

RepardReece

Exactly what I'm wondering, had to go back to the quali highlights as I didn't remember him getting pole. Doesn't really add up, sounds like utter rubbish

Leg-End

Because the Red Bull/Dutch media spin has to justify it somehow, it can’t possibly be the golden boys fault. Tom Coronel! Not biased at all then, might as well have asked Jos, if he isn’t too busy beating up his girlfriend.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Jesus some people will go at anything just to have a go at max, it’s second in the fecking championship, do you know who will remember it in 10 years, only the dickhead writing captions when interviewing him, seasons been long over give its rest with these king tribalism I think Charles should also be embarrassed about asking sainz to give up a podium set you targets higher for feck sake Charles, as Ricky bobby used say if you ain’t 1st your last.

Fully Fledged

Jesus some people will go at anything just to have a go at max, it’s second in the fecking championship, do you know who will remember it in 10 years, only the dickhead writing captions when interviewing him, seasons been long over give its rest with these king tribalism I think Charles should also be embarrassed about asking sainz to give up a podium set you targets higher for feck sake Charles, as Ricky bobby used say if you ain’t 1st your last.
Checo and Charles.

hobbers

Quite separate to all the gesticulating in this thread, I do think it's bizarre that Sergio and Charles care so much about a losers championship trophy.

You might say it's like getting a podium on your record but it isn't, not really. I'd rather have third place at Interlagos than second in the drivers championship.

pacifictheme

This will be perez best season finish in f1, where ever he places. Do you think he doesn't care?

I think the opposite, people will efend max over anything. His radio message is horrendous after everything perez has done for him.

This red bull drama is great though, really enjoying it.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Imagine a race if everyone gave up if they weren’t fighting for first position.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The gap seems to keep growing every time someone refers to it.

If true, Max could not possibly give up 4 seconds across that lap to let Perez back in front.

Though maybe a redundant point because clearly he wouldn't have given up the place whether it was 4 seconds or 0.4.
For sure but I would totally understand the outrage if it was 0.4s. In this case Perez was a lightyear behind and Max almost caught the Alpine in the end.

The team should rather ask themselves how they go from Perez in podium and Max 10th to Max being 4s ahead of him in the few laps after the safety car.

Fluctuation0161

Leaving aside that it was obviously the safety car that won Abu Dhabi for Max, what was it about Perez's sterling defence vs Hamilton that meant he sacrificed his entire season? Sorry going to need that explained to me slowly, ideally in a way that doesn't sound deranged.

If you dont like a dose of sanity and balance in this thread feel free to ignore me. Seems to work well for a couple of the weaker-willed Herberts around here.
Max probably wouldn't let the safety car pass him either. :lol:

Fluctuation0161

By the way, what is wrong with Ricciardo, that's two races in a row where he's stuck his nose in where he shouldn't. It's pure incompetence, for someone of his experience inexcusable.
Probably desperate to get a good result and stay in the sport. Trying too hard maybe?

The Hilton

It's ironic you claim folks should give it a rest with the tribalism, while defending Max for a pointless refusal to give a place back, given how often Checo has sacrificed for him.

There's almost certainly a big financial incentive for Perez to get 2nd in his RB contract, not to mention the low likelihood he'll have another opportunity at a 2nd place finish.

If it were another team that doesn't regularly do team orders, or was without the history these 2 have, then nobody would mention it (in the same way nobody is criticising Sainz today), but this is Red Bull, they're the kings of team orders, and given how many times Checo has done it for Max, there was no good reason not to give one back given that he's already the champion. It's not the end of the world or anything, just spoiled and classless (and entirely in character).

hobbers

Probably not. Got to wonder where it leaves him with red bull though. If its true and they / max leaked it that relationship is very broken.
Good point. If he told this to his bosses and somehow Max and the press all found out :lol:

Honestly it sounds like nonsense. Spinning to protect third and doing it in a place that causes a Ferrari to crash into you and damage you.

It's like when people thought Charles had crashed on purpose the year before. Yeah he really wanted to break his own gearbox and DNF.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
That's what you guys seemingly want, that drivers just give up their positions.
It’s a championship though, everyone up and down the grid are fighting their own battles as a team and as drivers against each other. Even Senna and Schumacher have moved over once they’d won the title for their team.

Anyway it’s not a big deal and Max said he will help next time.

klsv

Daddy Jos after Monaco
https://racingnews365.com/jos-verstappen-disappointed-with-red-bull-after-perezs-monaco-win

Speaking in his column on Verstappen.com, Jos said that he was "disappointed" by the race result, and claimed that Red Bull did not help Max in his quest for victory.

The Monaco Grand Prix was instead won by Verstappen's teammate, Sergio Perez, as he climbed from third on the grid to first, thanks to some quick thinking on the Red Bull pit wall.

"Red Bull achieved a good result, but at the same time exerted little influence to help Max to the front," Jos argued.

"That he finished third, he owes to Ferrari's mistake at that second stop of Charles Leclerc.

"The championship leader, Max, was not helped in that sense by the chosen strategy. It turned completely in Checo's favour.

"That was disappointing to me, and I would have liked it to be different for the championship leader."

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
max will get perez removed for next season.

Ricciardo will take his seat

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It's ironic you claim folks should give it a rest with the tribalism, while defending Max for a pointless refusal to give a place back, given how often Checo has sacrificed for him.

There's almost certainly a big financial incentive for Perez to get 2nd in his RB contract, not to mention the low likelihood he'll have another opportunity at a 2nd place finish.

If it were another team that doesn't regularly do team orders, or was without the history these 2 have, then nobody would mention it (in the same way nobody is criticising Sainz today), but this is Red Bull, they're the kings of team orders, and given how many times Checo has done it for Max, there was no good reason not to give one back given that he's already the champion. It's not the end of the world or anything, just spoiled and classless (and entirely in character).
Bang on.

hobbers

Perez should just refuse to ever hand Max a place again.
Wouldn't really make a difference. The pace difference or tyre difference has always been so great that he never actually has a choice in the matter anyway.

F-Red

Quite separate to all the gesticulating in this thread, I do think it's bizarre that Sergio and Charles care so much about a losers championship trophy.

You might say it's like getting a podium on your record but it isn't, not really. I'd rather have third place at Interlagos than second in the drivers championship.
Second in the drivers championship will carry some permutations on sponsorship payout and driver bonus' from those sponsorships, so I can see the logical arguments from both Perez & Leclerc camps around why second in the drivers championship still carries some importance.

Fully Fledged

Second in the drivers championship will carry some permutations on sponsorship payout and driver bonus' from those sponsorships, so I can see the logical arguments from both Perez & Leclerc camps around why second in the drivers championship still carries some importance.
There's no point trying to get him to see sense.

klsv

Do we post comments from racists on here though?
We have entire threads about racists here :lol:

I posted that as it seems like very very "wah-wah, you didn't help my son" type of a thing. First RB didn't help Max in Monaco and now suddenly a Dutch journalist with links to the family says Perez randomly crashed out to finish 3rd in the qualifying.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
max was definitely the kind of child that pulled the wings off of flys.

Fully Fledged

We have entire threads about racists here :lol:

I posted that as it seems like very very "wah-wah, you didn't help my son" type of a thing. First RB didn't help Max in Monaco and now suddenly a Dutch journalist with links to the family says Perez randomly crashed out to finish 3rd in the qualifying.
I know. He's just a vile man though no wonder his son turned out the way he did.