g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2022 Season

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
And if he does not finish 2nd by say a point?
Well obviously in that scenario, there will be friction.
But I can not foresee Perez throwing his toys out because he is well aware that the team is built around Max.
And the team are not going to do anything about Max behaviour.
It is what it is.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Don't dream to much. It's clear that Red Bull stopped development and that they have improvements for next season already sorted for example lighter chassis.
Yeah I think you may be right. I posted weeks back that he'll get a bunch of WDC on the trot. No real competition from Perez and a great car. But things turn around quickly. Ask Vettel.

hobbers

If it really is retribution for Monaco then Perez should be thankful his end punishment is just 2 points, and not being Briatore'd.

The Hilton

Well obviously in that scenario, there will be friction.
But I can not foresee Perez throwing his toys out because he is well aware that the team is built around Max.
And the team are not going to do anything about Max behaviour.
It is what it is.
You're probably right, but it does seem that Checo is learning just how one sided the team mates deal is at Red Bull. He knew he was number 2, but I doubt he realised that Max would rather throw leftovers in the bin rather than throw him a few him table scraps.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You're probably right, but it does seem that Checo is learning just how one sided the team mates deal is at Red Bull. He knew he was number 2, but I doubt he realised that Max would rather throw leftovers in the bin rather than throw him a few him table scraps.
This episode shows much more about Max attitude that Perez.
Max was happy to go past his team mate under team orders, albeit he was quicker. But when the situation was reversed, he ignored orders.
Anyway. None of this is remotely a surprise.

goalscholes

This must all be fake news. Surely likeable, nice guy Max, who has openly abused his team this year despite them being the best team by far on the grid, wouldn't be such a hypocrite.

He's so much nicer this year (when he's winning).

Last edited:

goalscholes

Irrespective of whether RB are running reduced engine speed or saving costs in other ways, the straight line speed of the Merc is visibly so much faster against other cars than it was just a few races ago. Even with the sidepods, it's clear they have finally overcome their issues.

If Ferrari get better decision makers and Mercedes improve their pit stops then next season should be excellent.

Doracle

If it really is retribution for Monaco then Perez should be thankful his end punishment is just 2 points, and not being Briatore'd.
So you genuinely think Perez deliberately crashed in Monaco to give LeClerc pole, risking damaging his car in the process, just so Max didn’t take it?

If he’d admitted that to RB, you’d have expected them to report it to the FIA presumably as such a dangerous action couldn’t possibly be condoned by the team?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You really have lost the plot haven't you :lol:

Anyway, without Perez as his rear gunner Max will be far worse off than 2 less points next year.

The Hilton

This episode shows much more about Max attitude that Perez.
Max was happy to go past his team mate under team orders, albeit he was quicker. But when the situation was reversed, he ignored orders.
Anyway. None of this is remotely a surprise.
I completely agree, I just think that Checo is surprised to learn just how spoiled Max is, hence his reaction.

goalscholes

You really have lost the plot haven't you :lol:

Anyway, without Perez as his rear gunner Max will be far worse off than 2 less points next year.
Yup. Bottas was less than useless at the end of last year too. He defended less against RB than neutral teams.

Balljy

Irrespective of whether RB are running reduced engine speed or saving costs in other ways, the straight line speed of the Merc is visibly so much faster against other cars than it was just a few races ago. Even with the sidepods, it's clear they have finally overcome their issues.

If Ferrari get better decision makers and Mercedes improve their pit stops then next season should be excellent.
Agreed, for the last 3 races the Merc has passed the eye test and looks like a much nicer car to drive.

If they've sorted the aero issues they've probably been able to adjust the height and get some more pace out of the car. Let's hope that's true for next season.

slyadams

I'm not sure about "finally overcome", I suspect its more likely that within the constraints of the design they have they've found some upgrades that yielded a nice bit of performance. Mercedes have said they made a fundamental error in one of their design decisions and it could only be fixed in the 2023 car.

hobbers

So you genuinely think Perez deliberately crashed in Monaco to give LeClerc pole, risking damaging his car in the process, just so Max didn’t take it?

If he’d admitted that to RB, you’d have expected them to report it to the FIA presumably as such a dangerous action couldn’t possibly be condoned by the team?
I didn’t and I don’t want to believe it but the telemetry needs explaining. I don’t remember him claiming his throttle was broken.

Also what other reasons could max have that neither max or checo would be willing to share.

mitChley

Silly boy Max. Glad Ferrari didn't make Sainz swap positions and he kept the podium, he seems to race best when I don't watch him, when I do he get's Russel'd out in the first corner.

F-Red

Hulkenberg is in at Haas for next season, Schumacher out. Should be confirmed before Abu Dhabi.

WPMUFC

And here i thought Max was just being a dick....now it's some long running blood feud. :houllier: :lol:

F1 drivers....what a bunch of drama queens. Can you imagine giving a shit about Monaco after dominating the field and walking to b2b titles? But in reality you're just waiting for the optimal moment to feck your team mate? Christ, get a life Max. :lol:

And Charles....bro that was just sad.

keithsingleton

As if fraundstappen wasn’t hated enough in the first place he now adds more fuel to what is already a blazing inferno. The man is a vile human being and this latest action doesn’t show red bull in a good light.

It’s now evident fraundstappen is in charge not red bull. The fcuk wit has the balls to put the blame on Hamilton for their coming together. He stats he knew Hamilton wasn’t going to leave space so was prepared to crash, would he of done that if he hadn’t already of won the championship or needed the points? of course not.

If Perez loses out by one point for second place i expect fireworks next year in the cam, something I will very much look forward to as fraundstappen is a ticking time bomb when he doesn’t get his own way. He stated in his interview we’re professional :lol::lol::lol: not kids yet he’s always spitting his dummy out. What a kunt, hope he gets what’s coming to him sooner rather than later.

Doracle

I didn’t and I don’t want to believe it but the telemetry needs explaining. I don’t remember him claiming his throttle was broken.

Also what other reasons could max have that neither max or checo would be willing to share.
Checo doesn’t appear to have any idea what was going on. If he’d deliberately crashed and admitted that to the team, he’s hardly going to have been surprised Max didn’t let him past and said that it showed the type of person Max is. In fact, if that had happened, Max would (correctly) have insisted he be kicked from the team. Feels more like some perceived issue invented in Max’s head.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
It’s a championship though, everyone up and down the grid are fighting their own battles as a team and as drivers against each other. Even Senna and Schumacher have moved over once they’d won the title for their team.

Anyway it’s not a big deal and Max said he will help next time.
Schumacher was a winner at all costs, but definitely did help his team mates or other drivers when his own targets had been reached. Same with Hamilton, and he’s a prick as well. I think Max made an error of judgement with that one. Take road cycling, all the great patrons of the peleton gave a way presents in order to gain favour with riders in the peleton, a lesson that will bite Verstappen on the arse. You could say Verstappen crashing in to Hamilton yesterday has partly to do with this as no way is Hamilton leaving Verstappen any room any time soon. Verstappen would probably be wise to lick Hamilton’s (let alone Perez’) arse a little and try and get in his good books. (I always feel Hamilton should do the same with Alonso.) You have to put emotion aside and play it clever.

That said, Verstappen has been absolutely outstanding this season and his 14 wins is stuff of legends. F1 is about winning, it’s not about being nice to any other driver.

hobbers

Checo doesn’t appear to have any idea what was going on. If he’d deliberately crashed and admitted that to the team, he’s hardly going to have been surprised Max didn’t let him past and said that it showed the type of person Max is. In fact, if that had happened, Max would (correctly) have insisted he be kicked from the team. Feels more like some perceived issue invented in Max’s head.
Perez had already had a mini team debrief before being interviewed (I think) and he looked pretty shifty when asked what Max’s reasons were.

Maybe he didn’t think Max would hold it against him 7 months later after already winning the title, and that’s where his surprise is.

Relfy

Good race yesterday, and nice to see George pick up his first win and Lewis secure the 1-2 for Merc. Also, nice to see some emotion from George. He comes across quite robotic and looks dead behind the eyes at times :lol: I hope Merc have their issues sorted and can provide a fight to RBR next season - you can't rely on Ferrari to be consistent enough as this season has shown.

The whole Max / Checo incident was very odd. It was a poor decision by Max not to let him past - he's won the WDC, they have the Constructers already - there was no point, aside from showing them who the boss is. Max is quite dislikeable as it is, this move from him will not win him any fans, and I'd imagine have a few drivers question whether making a move to RBR is worth it in future, as and when Checo is moved on. Just when I'd thought he'd matured a lot and grown from last season (in fairness, he's been more consistent on track at least), then he does this, it shows a level of insecurity which seems quite unbefitting of someone in his position.

Let's hope for more fireworks and a good race in Abu Dhabi.

Doracle

Perez had already had a mini team debrief before being interviewed (I think) and he looked pretty shifty when asked what Max’s reasons were.

Maybe he didn’t think Max would hold it against him 7 months later after already winning the title, and that’s where his surprise is.
Max said he’d already previously raised whatever his issue is “last summer”, so it shouldn’t have been a surprise. It also seems utterly implausible to me that Perez would think Max had forgiven him if it was true. It’s supposedly a deliberate act to screw Max over.

I would hope the rumours are fully investigated though. If RB has covered up such a dangerous manoeuvre by one of its drivers, it’s a major issue.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Max said he’d already previously raised whatever his issue is “last summer”, so it shouldn’t have been a surprise. It also seems utterly implausible to me that Perez would think Max had forgiven him if it was true. It’s supposedly a deliberate act to screw Max over.

I would hope the rumours are fully investigated though. If RB has covered up such a dangerous manoeuvre by one of its drivers, it’s a major issue.
luckily red bull are beacons, nay, bastions of honesty and integrity. i hope that puts your mind at rest.

redshaw

He can't even allow Lewis one win. It did look deliberate to me on the onboard, he did his classic straighten up mid corner.

Anyway here is Perez at Monaco

It's weird how he blips the throttle before the corner sending himself around. I can only think he knew the overcut was well on for the race and decided to just stay ahead of Max in quali to go on for a rare win.

Max onboard, listen at the end. Sounds like he's talking in general about the possibility of doing a good lap and then putting it into the wall so others can't beat you,

I do get frustrated in quali when someone bins it even by accident while others are on pole laps. Have always though they should be allowed to redo their lap, or add time on plus outlap for those affected, have more single file quali, not sure but particularly Monaco you can just go off the escape road and draw a yellow ruining other peoples laps.

goalscholes

I don't see any way out of it for Max's reputation.

Either he refused to give up a non podium place to help his team mate because he's selfish and immature, and leaking a story of his team cheating/ concealing cheating as a dead cat.

Or he is genuinely still angry and leaking previous cheating in his team that he, his teammate and his team have deliberately concealed from the officials.

What are the rules on deliberately crashing and concealing rule breaking in F1?

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I don't see any way out of it for Max's reputation.

Either he refused to give up a non podium place to help his team mate because he's selfish and immature, and leaking a story of his team cheating/ concealing cheating as a dead cat.

Or he is genuinely still angry and leaking previous cheating in his team that he, his teammate and his team have deliberately concealed from the officials.

What are the rules on deliberately crashing and concealing rule breaking in F1?
Disqualification and fine if Alonso/Piquet is anything to go by (Disqualified from race and team suspended disqualification). Depends what happened but pretty serious. This rumour doesn't have any legs other than a few of Max fans, unless Perez comes out and says it then nothing can happen.

I don't know Perez but he doesn't seem that type of guy, he's crashed the RB before with the backend stepping out (like Silverstone Sprint race) as he doesn't like that whereas Max does and this is when RB started to develop the car towards Max. I'll give him the benefit of doubt and lots of drivers have crashed in that spot including myself in game.

Max will realise in time he's hurt half of the RB team, Perez' mechanics etc. It wasn't necessary and he's done it in spite. It isn't that big of a deal though.

redshaw

When I could see Max wasn't going to switch back I though he'd be better off saying the gap was too big or it's too dangerous on this track, I was worried how he'd let him by as we see drivers slow right down before the line at other tracks which are less high speed and safer. Would've been perfect way to keep this under the lid but maybe Max is not that impressed with Perez and knows he needs someone a little better if the Mercs are back next season with Russell and Hamilton.

It almost seems untenable for Perez, if he lets people by easily next year Red Bull will be furious yet this is also quite humiliating situation for Perez to not even have a fleeting chance or some reward once the title is done, a certified lackey. Some serious repair work is needed in Abu Dhabi if they're to go back to something like they had.

RoyH1

max was definitely the kind of child that pulled the wings off of flys.
:lol: :lol: I can totally see it.

At least he's got the Dutch media shills working overtime for him to ruin Perez's reputation and get him off the hook for this one.

hobbers

It isn't that big of a deal though.
Exactly, unless you live in the cesspit that is F1 twitter.

The mindless **** of personality stuff that seems to infect everything these days couldn't be a worse trend to apply to F1 drivers, because they are all entitled pricks at the best of times. Until they announce their retirements and then everyone forgives them for their sins.

So basically he chose to drive into Lewis because he wasn’t going to win the race anyway and didn’t want Lewis to do so? He really is pitch perfect as an arrogant heel.
Alternatively Lewis could try to be a better wheel to wheel racer. Follow the many examples from Leclerc, Sainz and Russell going wheel to wheel vs Max through long sections of track this season, and leave enough space. And then he'd have won the race.

Last edited:

hp88

:lol: :lol: I can totally see it.

At least he's got the Dutch media shills working overtime for him to ruin Perez's reputation and get him off the hook for this one.
It’s slander, surprised RBR/Perez legal team haven’t told the journalist to retract that statement.