F1 2022 Season

sepulturite

It feels like Horner and Marko enable and encourage that kind of stuff, though
Yeh I agree on that aswell, I actually think it's Marko more than anything because Horner wasn't that bad years ago when the team first started out and the few years after that. I think Marko is like an infection to people in that team :lol:

hobbers

Max was like 3 or 4 seconds ahead of Perez in the final lap. Would have been different if Perez had been able to keep up but he didn't.
Was he really?

If he was 2+ seconds ahead on the last lap all of this talk is utter gibberish.

He'd end up losing more than just 1 place if he had to slow down that much.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Kamikaze from Max into Leclerc in the next race please

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Perez has defended leads for max like a lion, given up several places easily for him in the past, can’t even give up a 6th place?

I think this could turn out to be a massive error from max. next year he won’t be so helpful. silly
boy.

hobbers

Fair point, but he does take it to the extreme.
I make no secret I am no Max fan , but I give credit when it is due , I always have.
I am Lewis fan, but if he cocks up I will say so and I have many times.

All true but it says a lot that you feel you have to preface almost every post you make with this, because of how sensitive and angry half this thread are.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I know Max is your boy, but do you genuinely not think it was poor form to refuse to give the space back?

Given that Checo has been a brilliant wingman, has regularly sacrificed his own race for Max, yet even with the championship sewn up Max refused to help him out. That's about as petulant is it gets.
Max isn't my boy, I support Ferrari and like Leclerc.

Perez has been way slower than Max this year, and wasn't anywhere near Verstappen to even help him, even if he wanted to.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I missed the Max radio message , what did he say?
“I told you already last summer, guys, don't ask that again to me. Okay? Are we clear about that? I gave my reasons, and I stand by it."

aka…. I don’t fecking care if I’m already World Champion, I don’t care if we can get a 1-2. You all work FOR ME, IS THAT FECKING CLEAR?! Now don’t ask again or I’ll get Horny to sack you!

sepulturite

All true but it says a lot that you feel you have to preface almost every post you make with this, because of how sensitive and angry half this thread are.
Mate give it a rest seriously, your posts are becoming really pathetic now.

hobbers

Will be worth looking out for the next time Max and Checo make a video together for Red Bulls youtube channel :lol:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
No sportsmanship shown there. The best f1 drivers are almost always assholes but this is pretty low.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Perez has been way slower than Max this year, and wasn't anywhere near Verstappen to even help him, even if he wanted to.
I have no idea why people want a sport where a guy deliberately gives up 4 (!) seconds on the final lap in the name of 'team orders'. It's not a sport at that stage but a farce.

Robertd0803

Perez is not happy.

Well one was handed to him by Masi but anyway.

(And yeah Perez had a major role in 1 of them in fairness so his point is totally valid).

Utterly needless move by Verstappen really. I hope that Perez finishes 3rd by exactly the difference in the points lost by not switching today.

Congrats to Russell.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No sportsmanship shown there. The best f1 drivers are almost always assholes but this is pretty low.
it’s a 6th place :lol: it’s not like he’s been asked to give up a podium or something.

this will really knock his reputation IMO

The Hilton

Max isn't my boy, I support Ferrari and like Leclerc.

I'll have to take your word for that, as you seem to defend Max an awful lot.

As for the rest, Perez is always slower than Max, that's what happens when the car is tailor made for your teammate. Besides, you knew I was talking about last season, when Perez as wingman made a huge difference, not even Masi making up rules would have been able to hand the title to Max without Checo throwing away his own points for Max regularly last year.

hobbers

I have no idea why people want a sport where a guy deliberately gives up 4 (!) seconds on the final lap in the name of 'team orders'. It's not a sport at that stage but a farce.
The gap seems to keep growing every time someone refers to it.

If true, Max could not possibly give up 4 seconds across that lap to let Perez back in front.

Though maybe a redundant point because clearly he wouldn't have given up the place whether it was 4 seconds or 0.4.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The result is irrelevant for max, there was no championship, win or podium at stake. Just honour. Every sport has sportsmanship. F1 is no different.

hobbers

In the end Perez was over 4s behind.

If he wants someone to blame it's the strategist who put him out on mediums during a safety car vs a field of softs.

Or himself for being having no pace all race.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal

[Erik van Haren] It is correct what @TomCoronel just said at ViaPlay. Perez deliberately crashed in qualifying in Monaco and later admitted it to Helmut Marko and Christian Horner. Max Verstappen has not forgotten that.
Another twist.