F1 2022 Season

Abizzz

They wont like it, Russell in his rookie year with them beating the 7 times WC, but I doubt it will happen.
Russell looks like he has handled the car better so far, but Lewis will get there.
I disagree. They are all there based on performance, now with reduced budgets and head count more than ever. There will always be loyality to someone who has brought that level of success but they'll be behind Russell as soon as he's faster.

pauldyson1uk

I disagree. They are all there based on performance, now with reduced budgets and head count more than ever. There will always be loyality to someone who has brought that level of success but they'll be behind Russell as soon as he's faster.
I agree with you on all the points you make, i should have said Lewis wont like it.

Bahrain GP FP3 Time sheet

pauldyson1uk

Bahrain GP Practice Three Timesheet
DriverTeamTime
1) Max VerstappenRed Bull1:32.544
2) Charles LeclercFerrari+0.096
3) Sergio PerezRed Bull+0.247
4) George RussellMercedes+0.391
5) Carlos SainzFerrari+0.509
6) Lewis HamiltonMercedes+0.577
7) Kevin MagnussenHaas+0.893
8) Valtteri BottasAlfa Romeo+1.189
9) Zhou GuanyuAlfa Romeo+1.336
10) Lance StrollAston Martin+1.376
11) Lando NorrisMcLaren+1.411
12) Nico HulkenburgAston Martin+1.427
13) Pierre GaslyAlphaTauri+1.632
14) Mick SchumacherHaas+1.751
15) Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+1.834
16) Fernando AlonsoAlpine+2.084
17) Alex AlbonWilliams+2.324
18) Esteban OconAlpine+2.413
19) Nicholas LatifiWilliams+3.123
20) Yuki TsunodaAlphaTauriNo time

dinostar77

They wont like it, Russell in his rookie year with them beating the 7 times WC, but I doubt it will happen.
Russell looks like he has handled the car better so far, but Lewis will get there.
Martin Brundles words below:

Russell a match for Hamilton in Merc's 'best driver pairing'?
The major driver line-up change for this year comes at Mercedes, where young British star George Russell has finally earned his chance alongside his hero and idol Hamilton.

"George can challenge Lewis this season," Brundle insists. "Watching the decision and patience you need to drive the cars - that's going to be a key factor - George has got all the feel and touch and maturity he needs to make these cars sing.

"In my mind, Mercedes have the strongest driver pairing. George knows the team, he's going home effectively, he knows what he's stepping into. He will find Lewis' relentless season-long, race-by-race, day-by-day, hour-by-hour commitment potentially soul-destroying, but I think he's confident and talented enough to live with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its the mental aspect that is the biggest unknown, Rosberg ran away from F1 as he couldnt handle being Lewis's teammate anymore. Bottas was worn down. How will Russell handle it?

On the track over the course of the season will he score more points and win the internal team qually battle with hamilton? I doubt it at present. But it remains to be seen how good russell really is. We'll know more by half way through the season.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
My thoughts for the season. Max is clear favorite for WDC. But, it's up to him and RBR to maximize their points in the first 3-5 races before we see the Merc start fighting back. Any crashes or failures in those first races and I think Hamilton comes back and takes the WDC. Ferrari will do their thing and be 3rd.

pauldyson1uk

Its the mental aspect that is the biggest unknown, Rosberg ran away from F1 as he couldnt handle being Lewis's teammate anymore. Bottas was worn down. How will Russell handle it?

On the track over the course of the season will he score more points and win the internal team qually battle with hamilton? I doubt it at present. But it remains to be seen how good russell really is. We'll know more by half way through the season.
He has it bang on here, can Russell cope ?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Martin Brundles words below:

Russell a match for Hamilton in Merc's 'best driver pairing'?
The major driver line-up change for this year comes at Mercedes, where young British star George Russell has finally earned his chance alongside his hero and idol Hamilton.

"George can challenge Lewis this season," Brundle insists. "Watching the decision and patience you need to drive the cars - that's going to be a key factor - George has got all the feel and touch and maturity he needs to make these cars sing.

"In my mind, Mercedes have the strongest driver pairing. George knows the team, he's going home effectively, he knows what he's stepping into. He will find Lewis' relentless season-long, race-by-race, day-by-day, hour-by-hour commitment potentially soul-destroying, but I think he's confident and talented enough to live with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russell will learn what it takes and the level of commitment required to be a champion. And one of the best ever if not the very best. That will be his biggest takeaway and will help h in the long run.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Terrible timing.

Bullshit report. How can they assume "good faith"? Presumably because anything other than that would damage their multi billion dollar brand.
Exactly. How do they know that he made those incorrect decisions in good faith. And anyway, what does that even mean.
But the bottom line is that he was completely wrong in how he mishandled and mismanaged the last part of the race.
And let there be no doubt. The outcome of that race and the WC was wrong. And always will be whatever the record says. It was wrong.

F-Red

He has it bang on here, can Russell cope ?
Course he can. Hamilton only has one, maybe two years max. Russell knows that time is in his favour and he's sat out in a Williams for three years. Running at the front end of the races for a season will be good enough for him this year, and when Hamilton departs he'll no doubt assume role as the number one driver.

pauldyson1uk

Course he can. Hamilton only has one, maybe two years max. Russell knows that time is in his favour and he's sat out in a Williams for three years. Running at the front end of the races for a season will be good enough for him this year, and when Hamilton departs he'll no doubt assume role as the number one driver.
I think he can also, proved he can handle the car in a difficult testing and FP , maybe better than Lewis.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Why the feck are the showing the driver numbers. Show the team colours ffs. Ludicrous choice.

Abizzz

The bouncing looks worse on the compression before the last corner than on the straight. Merc worst but looks like loads are having trouble with it. Nice to see fast Ferraris!