F1 2022 Season

hobbers

Williams looks dirt. Last in constructors think we can put a pin in that.

United Hobbit

Yes

A drive who is hired because he brings more money, from sponsorship or otherwise, than they will get paid. So they're a net positive to a team's budget, whereas the top drivers you have to pay a few tens of millions a year for.
Ah so they're having to use him as he brings in the money and they can't afford a good one, do you know who the others are. Zhou I'd imagine?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Russell looks like a Thunderbirds puppet in the promo pictures they're using for him.

hobbers

Bottas, Kmag, Alonso and Gasly in the top 10, lovely.

Hope Magnussen can run in Q3.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Mercs closer, but I think Max has more to give here. I think it’s an easy pole for him with the two Ferraris after. Lewis might get 4th, but I expect him, Russel and Perez to be 4,5,6 in some order

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Sadly no midfield team cracked the regs and joined the top teams. At least it looks like a 3 horse race at the top. Could still have a jump in pace.

V.O.

Shame to see that Mclaren look to have taken a pretty big backwards step after last year. :(

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Now for the first time we will get to see the real pace of the top cars and drivers.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It seems the poor 2nd test has really set us back at Mclaren :( what a shame

Leg-End

I don’t think that’s McLaren’s real pace, they are just on the backfoot after testing issues and a temporary fix on the brakes.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Surprised at the time spread of the field, was supposed to be tighter but I guess it is the first race.

Renault almost a second off but now we get to see the true pace of the top teams in Q3.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don’t think that’s McLaren’s real pace, they are just on the backfoot after testing issues and a temporary fix on the brakes.
We seemed very good at Barcelona, maybe the car just sucks at this track. Hard to understand but hopefully just a lack of setup compared to the other cars.

Amazing to see how well Haas are doing.

V.O.

1st sector is essentially 1 corner so it's not really that important.
Yeah, pretty strange to see someone do a purple first sector and the lap is still fecking 2.5s off the pace. :lol:

MTF

Yeah, pretty strange to see someone do a purple first sector and the lap is still fecking 2.5s off the pace. :lol:
I also thought about it. I would guess low downforce setup is giving him best speed down the 2 main straights that are in sector 1, then low grip all the rest of the way around.

F-Red

Oh the purple sector thing isn't working. Russel almost 9 tenths off and it lights up purple.
The whole timing systems hasn't been working for all of qualy, new timing screens aren't that much better tbh.