F1 2023 Season

United Hobbit

Think I've got Perez, Sainz and Stroll in the right place, maybe Russell if Leclerc gets a penalty

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Hamilton not finishing on podium is really poor stuff from him. He's lost a lot on the start.

hp88

RBR were trolling us yesterday, they're still 30 seconds ahead of everyone :lol:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
If Hamilton caught Perez I would have so many points

Abizzz

Great drive by Max but feck me what a borefest of a race. The fact Perez can drive through the field without any sort of memorable overtake... I regret watching this. Only positive McLaren really.

dinostar77

RBR were trolling us yesterday, they're still 30 seconds ahead of everyone :lol:
Its why i didnt get too excited when hamilton got pole. Knew Maxs RB would be off in the distance amd mclaren would be difficult to catch. Piastri must have had an issue or temps problem.

hp88

Hamilton not finishing on podium is really poor stuff from him. He's lost a lot on the start.
Yeah he apologised for it early on but even if he had lead the first 10 laps the RBR still would have finished ahead him in the end, they're a full pit stop ahead of everyone now.

United Hobbit

I think all we can hope is they get a Max challenger in the 2nd RB so we at least get them fighting with each other

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah he apologised for it early on but even if he had lead the first 10 laps the RBR still would have finished ahead him in the end, they're a full pit stop ahead of everyone now.
I never expected him to finish ahead of Max, but I fully expected him to finish ahead of Mclaren. Mercedes is not slower than them, Norris was excellent today but Mclaren was far from impressive today. Also if he pitted earlier I doubt Perez would catch him.

hp88

I think all we can hope is they get a Max challenger in the 2nd RB so we at least get them fighting with each other
It won't happen, every team has it's preferred driver that's Max in this case, it's down to the other teams to sort their shit out and build a competitive car.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Is qualifying just closer because Red Bull just focus on setting the car up for Sunday’s? We’ve had some decent qualifying sessions this year and contrast to the races is stark. That was, as good as Red Bull/Max are, a depressing race. I can’t see anyone catching up for a long time.

NK86

:lol:

It will be the same greatness we witnessed from schmacher, vettel and hamilton. I.e. dull as feck.
At least with some of Vettel, Hamilton and Schumi, there were close championships. This is as one-sided as I can ever remember a championship. RBR are so far ahead, that this championship was dead in the water from the first couple of races and everyone could see it.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
At least with some of Vettel, Hamilton and Schumi, there were close championships. This is as one-sided as I can ever remember a championship. RBR are so far ahead, that this championship was dead in the water from the first couple of races and everyone could see it.
Did you not watch in the early 2000s?

NK86

Did you not watch in the early 2000s?
Not really until the tail end of Schumacher's era in Ferrari.

Maybe some of those were as dominating as this, but even during Mercs 7 in a row have I not seen all races being so dominated by one team/man. Mercs always had at least Ferrari/RBR to contend with in some of those races (until they shot themselves in the foot inevitably).

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
The subtle difference with Mercedes’ dominance is they and Hamilton could always shoot themselves in the foot with strategy and give you a handful of interesting races along the way, think of Ocon, Gasly and Perez’s first race wins for example. Red Bull and Max are never going to do that.

ArjenIsM3

Apparently Norris destroyed Max's trophy with the champagne bottle after he knocked it off the podium the last race as well :lol:

Jerch

Maybe some of those were as dominating as this, but even during Mercs 7 in a row have I not seen all races being so dominated by one team/man. Mercs always had at least Ferrari/RBR to contend with in some of those races (until they shot themselves in the foot inevitably).
Well that is more because of the man than the team. As a car Merc were much more dominant.

dinostar77

This season is as bad as peak vettel when 2 of the four seasons he finished 135points + over 2nd in the championship.

Mercedes era was dull, but rosberg kept hamilton honest and the illegal ferrari of vettel helped. Bottas years were awful.

We just need a lando or someone in the 2nd RB seat to have some sort of inter team battle to keep it interesting. Schmacher had hakkinen as a rival to keep him on his toes for a few seasons.

Max needs someone otherwise its super dull.