F1 2023 Season

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How is it possible that Mclaren improved so much? They were literally the worst car in the first race of the season, and shite in next few races too, and they are second best car 10 races after. How is it possible that no one else caught them and copied what they did? And what exactly did they do?

F-Red

How is it possible that Mclaren improved so much? They were literally the worst car in the first race of the season, and shite in next few races too, and they are second best car 10 races after. How is it possible that no one else caught them and copied what they did? And what exactly did they do?
The car they raced with at the start of this season was last seasons car. The car they have now is what they should of had at Bahrain.

hobbers

Copied Red Bull.

But if you cast your mind back to March 2022 it was only McLaren and Red Bull that went with pull-rod suspension. And maybe that's made it easier for them to effectively copy.

United Hobbit

Piastri comes across as very likable, wasn't sure about him after the Alpine situation but have really warmed to him

United Hobbit

They should let them change out those hot suits before doing the podium they'd still be in team kit

hp88

Piastri comes across as very likable, wasn't sure about him after the Alpine situation but have really warmed to him
Yeah thought the same when McLaren went through that whole mess but it looks like it was worth it for both parties.

avgp_1

Copied Red Bull.

But if you cast your mind back to March 2022 it was only McLaren and Red Bull that went with pull-rod suspension. And maybe that's made it easier for them to effectively copy.
It'll be interesting to see how much Haas move forward when they bring their RB inspired car next race.

hp88

Apparently Ocon threw up in his helmet in lap 15.

They all looked fecked there before going on the podium, Logan Sargeant didn't look too good either when he was trying to get out of his car.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
The car they raced with at the start of this season was last seasons car. The car they have now is what they should of had at Bahrain.
I didn't realise they changed the entire car.

Copied Red Bull.

Yeah, if their suspension was similar to Red bull, then it was easier to copy the aerodynamics.

Jerch

Copied Red Bull.

Well it's not fair to say that since Aston literally has one of the most important people who designed Red Bull and they went copy route mid last season and it went terribly wrong. You simply have to give credit to McLaren because they deserved it.

Basically McLaren raced non competitive car in first races because they figured the way they want to go to late in needed extra time to develop it. Zac Brown said as much at the start of the season.

The jump seems extraordinary simply because of how bad the car at the start of the season was because they didn't wanted to waste any more time or resources on it.

hobbers

Well it's not fair to say that since Aston literally has one of the most important people who designed Red Bull and they went copy route mid last season and it went terribly wrong. You simply have to give credit to McLaren because they deserved it.
They went the copy route earlier but from a worse position because of a different suspension system.

And you'd hardly say it went terribly wrong, still massive gains on where they were in 2022. The problem with AM is they went backwards in mid season development and were cheeky with flexible wings that backfired on them when the rules were updated.

McLaren probably have the second best aerodynamicists on the grid after Red Bull. That's what being out in the wilderness with shit engines will do for you.

Whereas Ferrari and Mercedes are always reliant on having the best engines and are mediocre on aero.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Watching Sky just now was a bit unusual. A lot of Lewis defending and trying to minimize it ("one of the best at wheel to wheel racing", "he basically never makes mistakes like that" etc.) Dont get me wrong - I think it's good Lewis apologized ,media trained or not, and Sky by doing that maybe taking some online vitriol's winds out of people's sails - I just hope they ll offer the same courtesy the next time a driver does something like it that they may not like as much.

laughtersassassin

Another day of breaking multiple records for Max.

Think he also managed the Grand Chelem as the lap Albon led he pitted so Max probably passed the line first and technically led that lap also.

Other than that that race looked brutal for the drivers. Most of them where fecked after the race.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Watching Sky just now was a bit unusual. A lot of Lewis defending and trying to minimize it ("one of the best at wheel to wheel racing", "he basically never makes mistakes like that" etc.) Dont get me wrong - I think it's good Lewis apologized ,media trained or not, and Sky by doing that maybe taking some online vitriol's winds out of people's sails - I just hope they ll offer the same courtesy the next time a driver does something like it that they may not like as much.
I think he and Alonso have earned the right to still be called good at wheel to wheel racing by now even if they make a mistake. It's getting on for 20 years!

Jerch

He is really bad at wheel to wheel driving, so many crashes. Just usually he puts other drivers out of the race and this time he was the one going off.

ArjenIsM3

Basically McLaren raced non competitive car in first races because they figured the way they want to go to late in needed extra time to develop it. Zac Brown said as much at the start of the season.

The jump seems extraordinary simply because of how bad the car at the start of the season was because they didn't wanted to waste any more time or resources on it.
Yeah McLaren really went all in on this rev. B car and it paid off. Kudos to them. So far they seem a very likeable team as well. I've said it before if I had to pick a favourite team now excluding Max of course it would be McLaren hands down. Two great drivers who both seem to be great characters in their own right though very different, a historic brand, love the colours as a Dutchman as well :lol:

Second would be Aston. But that's just because of the brand (love their road cars) and Alonso. Just dislike both Strolls.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
"Lando Norris has told various media outlets that some of the drivers fainted in the medical center after today's race"

ESPN

laughtersassassin

"Lando Norris has told various media outlets that some of the drivers fainted in the medical center after today's race"

ESPN
Did you see the clip of Stroll getting out of his car? He could barely walk and stumbled into the side of an ambulance.

dinostar77

Just seen the race, unusal mistake from hamilton, 100% his fault.

The trackside conditions for the drivers sound horrendous.

Perez being lapped by verstappen is just embaressing. Cant recall someone driving such a great car so badly before.

hp88

ESPN
Multiple drivers have ended up in the medial centre after this race but money talks etc.. so let's racing in the desert.

The Firestarter

Multiple drivers have ended up in the medial centre after this race but money talks etc.. so let's racing in the desert.
You could see it in every drivers face even since Sat, they rather not be there, it all looked so artificial and forced.

Tyrion

They do normally suck up to him tbh. They don't really ask tough questions in general though, aside from Nico who I think is great. He basically asked Horner "Why has Perez been crap all weekend?" a few races ago. :lol:

Just seen the race, unusal mistake from hamilton, 100% his fault.

The trackside conditions for the drivers sound horrendous.

Perez being lapped by verstappen is just embaressing. Cant recall someone driving such a great car so badly before.
Albon and Gasly spring to mind. I honestly think there's something up at Red Bull. Their 2nd choice underperforms no matter what.