F1 2023 Season

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
That was a very nice interview there from Hamilton, bar the progressive country bit.
It is very progressive when you're rich and a celeb I guess. Progressive in having a huge gap between them and the rest while looking down from the ivory tower without any of the struggles of the rest of the populace.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Wouldn't blame someone bringing a massive Bluetooth speaker to blast the Super Max song when he inevitably gets booed in Mexico. The Checo chant during the ceremony was cringe. Bit of decorum would be nice.

laughtersassassin

Wow this race had everything now that Hamilton and Leclerc just got disqualified.

Merc will be delighted they didn't win because if they did that disqualification would be gut wrenching.

Only themselves to blame though. Ran the car too low and risked the plank wear issue. Obviously it's harder.on a sprint weekend due to lack of data though.

It's likely the reason Red Bull sacrificed perferomance and ran their car really high. Red Bull likely learnt from Spa where Max and Checo where lifting through Eau Rouge due to worries about excessive plank wear.

Last edited:

hobbers

Oh dear oh no.

Great for Lando, and big points for Yuki and Williams.

Biggest beneficiary is Checo who goes from 19 points ahead to 39. So undeserved.

Yikes, and 6 points to the future tennis semi pro

Wilt

50th Grand Prix age 26 ….has there ever been a more dominant driver in the history of the sport?

Ahmer Baig

BREAKING:

Hamilton and Leclerc DISQUALIFIED in Texas for excessive wear to the underside of the car

redshaw

Merc could've covered Max or at least pit earlier but it was always going to be tempting to do a long stint like in previous strong years years. Also Merc with more slow pitstops, giving a second away.

Anyway, doesn't matter as Merc has breached the regs. I still think Max and Lewis are the top guys out there, they can extract the best performance at various tracks and it's a shame we're missing them battle.

Ahmer Baig

How lance is not driver of the day is beyond me. From pit lane 20th to P9. Norris started P2 and lucky to get 3rd.

hobbers

Have to appreciate the delicious irony of Merc being the first team to be caught out by the rules they lobbied for to try and claw back an advantage

Jerch

Have to appreciate the delicious irony of Merc being the first team to be caught out by the rules they lobbied for to try and claw back an advantage
It's funny but on the other hand it's bullshit. Hwo much performance could they have gained by running little lower. Maybe not even lower because Sainz and Russell weren't disqualified.

Rules are rules but I think warning would be better option.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Shocking stuff, but rules are rules.

I wonder where would Ferrari end up if they lifted the car even more.

dinostar77

Unlucky for bith drivers. Bumpy track and very little time to set the car up.

Anyway its good news for Perez.

Ahmer Baig

I read somewhere that most of the boos were directed at the politician handing out the trophy. Dont know who he is?

Abizzz

Soo cheat the accounting part = slap on the wrist, too much wear = disqualification.

Not that it matters. Yesterday could have been such an epic race with just slightly better rules. Without DRS the podium would have been the same but something memorable could have happened. Hopefully one day I can detach myself enough not to put it on even when it's a Sunday evening.