F1 2023 Season

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Fernando telling it it like it is :devil:

Zoome in Alonsos face:

yeah, i really feel for them, having to sit down in a car seat for an hour an a half, basically every other week. i do that amount of driving every day and i’ve often thought about what a hero i am.

Abizzz

I know people that work different hours every week. Middle of the night some week, middle of the morning the next, whatever the next. When they make mistakes peoples lives are at risk.

Jet lag sucks but to use it to shxt on other professions is truly detached from reality.

hobbers

Another trophy broken, this time by Sainz. Just a Netflix f1-golf crossover one though.

The Firestarter

yeah, i really feel for them, having to sit down in a car seat for an hour an a half, basically every other week. i do that amount of driving every day and i’ve often thought about what a hero i am.
rimando telling it how it is

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I know people that work different hours every week. Middle of the night some week, middle of the morning the next, whatever the next. When they make mistakes peoples lives are at risk.

Jet lag sucks but to use it to shxt on other professions is truly detached from reality.
He was joking.

United Hobbit

Shame this is on at silly o clock in the morning, if the temperature is going to cause carnage. Will be more interesting than the usual procession.

What UK time is qualifying and practices so I can plan my prediction?

As an aside has anyone seen the documentary on Brawn on Disney Plus? Just taken out a subscription for a month to watch it

JuriM

Shame this is on at silly o clock in the morning, if the temperature is going to cause carnage. Will be more interesting than the usual procession.

What UK time is qualifying and practices so I can plan my prediction?

As an aside has anyone seen the documentary on Brawn on Disney Plus? Just taken out a subscription for a month to watch it
8 am BST Qualifying
6 am BST Race

United Hobbit

Really enjoying the Brawn documentary, it's really interesting seeing all the politics and how much trouble they were in that season

Also didn't realise how close FOTA teams came to breaking away from F1. Big teams too

They wouldn't have done the Chinese GP nowadays would have been deemed too wet...

There seem to be more crashes

The drivers look so vulnerable in the cars - no halo and the bodies of the cars seemed to break apart more easily

United Hobbit

Up to Masa's accident, didn't it play a key part in bringing the Halo in?

So many tracks no longer on the calendar too. Several different winners too

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Up to Masa's accident, didn't it play a key part in bringing the Halo in?

So many tracks no longer on the calendar too. Several different winners too
Its questionable whether a halo would have prevented the Massa incident since it was a lose flying part that hit him in the head - though of course there is a chance it would have deflected it.

I've always understood though it's the Bianchi accident that really forced its implementation.

United Hobbit

Its questionable whether a halo would have prevented the Massa incident since it was a lose flying part that hit him in the head - though of course there is a chance it would have deflected it.

I've always understood though it's the Bianchi accident that really forced its implementation.
Ah that's interesting, I'm guessing it would have shielded him better/stopped before he was impacted if it was rigid enough to withstand it. The drivers look so exposed without it watching the old footage

On a separate note, I don't think Button would have won the title that year if points scoring was the same as today. Would be interesting to see

Edit - just looked it up and he would according to this

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Ah that's interesting, I'm guessing it would have shielded him better/stopped before he was impacted if it was rigid enough to withstand it. The drivers look so exposed without it watching the old footage

On a separate note, I don't think Button would have won the title that year if points scoring was the same as today. Would be interesting to see

Edit - just looked it up and he would according to this
“oooh verstappen is the best ever” on 0 titles. pathetic.

Abizzz

From what I remember it was Henry Surtees death that got the halo train going and Bianchi's possibly gave the final push?

Norris

Sliding around not bad enough, they have to deal with manhole covers. I feel this will be not be a good weekend.

Abizzz

Oh dear, not the first time a drain cover has caused problems, but you would have thought first race here, thing would have been double and triple checked.
From what I gathered they were welded in and asphalted over, however the concrete around gave way. Not really sure how they can say the others are safe from here on.

Abizzz

Can't help but feel a little happy about this happening at the first GP F1/Liberty organised themselves ever.