F1 2023 Season

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Those idiots would sooner back another midnight street race through Manhattan than go 250 miles upstate to Watkins Glen. Same story in Florida. Why race somewhere steeped in american motorsport history like Sebring when you can force the fans to have a miserable extortionate time in Miami.
You saw what happened to Sainz at Vegas? Try racing an F1 car down 5th avenue and see what happens :lol:

hp88

Not sure how Max gets away with this pitlane overtaking, just accident waiting to happen.

dinostar77

So sainz smashes up his just recently "we have no money guvnor" patched up ferrari. Nice.

So Sprint qually is on a friday for 2024 with the race on saturday. Followed by qually for the GP on saturday. Who was the genius who came up with that idea? (Not ratified btw).

Who is going to take any risks in sprints knowing they may mess up their car for qually afterwards?

Though i hope this happens..."There is also some consideration being given to reversing at least some portion of the grid for the sprint."

Among other changes announced were:

A change to the technical regulations will allow the teams to add an extra duct underneath the monocoque to channel air from outside the car on to the driver in addition to the usual one in the nose.

The FIA is also looking into allowing the use of cooling race suits, but this would require a change to the rules to force teams to add ballast to the car if they did not choose to use them to ensure competitive conditions were equal across the grid.

A further test of devices aimed at reducing spray from the cars in wet weather, after a failure of a first attempt earlier this year

An agreement that "development of future tyres should be focused on reduction of overheating and improving raceability" has led to a decision to abandon the ban on tyre-heating blankets for 2025.

An agreement that no work may be carried out by teams on development of their cars for the new 2026 technical regulations that accompany a change of engine format before the start of 2025.
(Obviously aimed at Red Bull)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/67518962

Leg-End

Nothing stopping Newey going off to "design some boats" whilst he draws up a 2026 spec car in his bedroom.

dinostar77

Nothing stopping Newey going off to "design some boats" whilst he draws up a 2026 spec car in his bedroom.
That is true, but you can't use the wind tunnel or CAD, so it's all on paper. Which newey loves anyway.

Ahmer Baig

The changed the rules for today: overtaking in the pit lane exit will not be allowed in Qualifying

As per article 33.4 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations, drivers are not allowed to drive unnecessarily slowly, that includes stopping a car in the fast lane of the pit lane. Additionally, overtaking is prohibited in the pit exit road unless a car slows with an obvious problem.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
The changed the rules for today: overtaking in the pit lane exit will not be allowed in Qualifying

As per article 33.4 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations, drivers are not allowed to drive unnecessarily slowly, that includes stopping a car in the fast lane of the pit lane. Additionally, overtaking is prohibited in the pit exit road unless a car slows with an obvious problem.
those drivers better be careful, we all know how the abu dhabi stewards are sticklers for the rules.

pauldyson1uk

Not sure how Max gets away with this pitlane overtaking, just accident waiting to happen.
He was just a cock doing what he did , then slowing down on the track, yeah and before one person pipes up, I would say the same about any driver. The pit tunnel is not the play to push though, just wait your turn, the last place you want a crash is in there, stewards should have at least warned him about it

pauldyson1uk

Good change , Max wrong for overtaking, but also both Mercs going too slow, pure gamesmanship, not the place for it.

ArjenIsM3

He was just a cock doing what he did , then slowing down on the track, yeah and before one person pipes up, I would say the same about any driver. The pit tunnel is not the play to push though, just wait your turn, the last place you want a crash is in there, stewards should have at least warned him about it
Can't give a warning if it's not against the rules can you?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It always seemed dangerous to me, and then I learned that it was allowed. I didn't know that. I think they changed it now though. But it just seemed so obvious that it could become a dangerous situation. The one he done in Brazil was mad. He went onto the grass to overtake Perez. I mean, fair play, he didn't break any rules. But it was obvious watching it how bad that could go.

ArjenIsM3

It always seemed dangerous to me, and then I learned that it was allowed. I didn't know that. I think they changed it now though. But it just seemed so obvious that it could become a dangerous situation. The one he done in Brazil was mad. He went onto the grass to overtake Perez. I mean, fair play, he didn't break any rules. But it was obvious watching it how bad that could go.
Changed it just for this weekend I believe

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
That is true, but you can't use the wind tunnel or CAD, so it's all on paper. Which newey loves anyway.
The teams all employ contractors who could idly be scheming up sub-systems in CAD for their own companies in their spare time...

I really don't understand how they enforce half the rules they put in, particularly for the teams that are owned by car companies who are all "researching things for their hypercars" outside the race team.

hobbers

Max's first lap is 0.3 faster than George's P3 topping time and over a second faster than his best P3 time.

Shows the effects of fuel and engine mode.

United Hobbit

Phew least we stay level after this regardless :lol: I strongly considered Lando, but he messed up when I picked him a previous time so he was mega risky. I had Leclerc last time but swapped back to Max, wishing I'd done the same this time!

hobbers

Oh dear Sargeant. Car fast enough for Q3 but track limits on both attempts, probably his last qualy in F1.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Phew least we stay level after this regardless :lol: I strongly considered Lando, but he messed up when I picked him a previous time so he was mega risky. I had Leclerc last time but swapped back to Max, wishing I'd done the same this time!
I have a feeling it might be Norris. Otherwise Max. Leclerc sadly won’t have the tyres in sector 3.

hobbers

Get the sense Ferrari have fecked their setup this weekend.

Red Bull and McLaren fastest cars here.

dinostar77

The teams all employ contractors who could idly be scheming up sub-systems in CAD for their own companies in their spare time...

I really don't understand how they enforce half the rules they put in, particularly for the teams that are owned by car companies who are all "researching things for their hypercars" outside the race team.
Nor do i.