Fabian Ruiz

worldinmotion66

Seems clear to me that ETH prioritises a ball player in the 6 position over defensive strength, so this link makes sense.

I don't think we've ever had that type of player/role at United before so it's an exciting prospect. We've had creative players like Veron, Scholes, Pogba but they've always been paired with at least one more defensive minded midfielder. Carrick and Matic were DMs who could play, but much stronger defensively and not as creative as the kind of 6 I think ETH is aiming for.

Short term, ie this season, I suspect the plan is to have Ruiz or De Jong starting deep, with Fred in front bustling about. Inverted full backs to help pack the middle of the pitch. Longer term, ie next season, it'd be interesting what kind of midfielder ETH would go for.
Carrick was exactly that type of player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
More confused than when I entered his threads! :lol:
He genuinely confuses me, I tried to summarize what I saw from him over the years and there is no way for me to pinpoint a role or a position.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
:lol: :lol: I think we are just entering another golden period of the Caf. It's now more amusing than informative.
He genuinely confuses me, I tried to summarize what I saw from him over the years and there is no way for me to pinpoint a role or a position.
Looks like it’s already put to bed. I can go back to not knowing who is, like the last hour never happened. :lol:

WPMUFC

Wow a Tier 4 journalist was just pulling shit out of thin air....colour me shocked. :lol: :houllier:

James Robson....Christ. Whose next? Mark Goldbridge?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Looks like it’s already put to bed. I can go back to not knowing who is, like the last hour never happened. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Its like this parking botch-up

I suggest we have a survey and vote on what sort of player we think he is. Crumbles but at least there is some data otherwise we have NOTHING.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
These journalists that pretend to know our transfer business :lol:

WPMUFC

He's the only journo keeping the FDJ thread alive. He's been steadfast in his reporting that we're calm about the situation. Until now.
tbh, and being a FDJ muppet myself, the only thing keeping the FDJ thread alive is Stone/Ducker haven't updated. If either one of those two update we've opened up and looking to other signings, the FDJ thread is dead.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
PSG will have Verratti and Ruiz and we're playing Fred out of position. That's just depressing.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That has nothing to do with ambition
Eh? I can have all the ambitions in the world but if I can't afford an education and barely get by on subsistence living, all the ambitions won't help me get there unless I turn to crime or be lucky as hell.

If you think a state-funded organisation owning a football club doesn't make a difference then I have a bridge I can sell you. Where would City be now without their state-funded resources? Yo-yo club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They didn’t pay a big fee for any of them. Infact less than what we laid for Martinez for the 2 combined
Sanches was going nowhere outside of PSG, even though PSG struggled for that deal he was willing to to put Milan aside until PSG were completely out. Regarding Vitinha he seems to be pretty good but he doesn't fit with the profile of players we need. To some extent the presence of Bruno limits our options, there are players that could help us in a different set up but that likely excludes Bruno.