Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He really hasn’t.
The guy was booed by fans and has been slated on here countless times, and for what? He was made a scapegoat for Moyes's disastrous tenure when he was a pretty decent squad signing in my opinion. Called all sorts of stupid names and constantly been described as 'not a utd player' even though he's been consistent and a really effective player in some matches.

I'm no Fellaini fanboy but I still say he's a good squad addition.

stevoc

Do you have a link for the 'hissy fit' rumours? Surprising to hear tbh as his attitude never seems to have been the problem, even when he was getting shit from our own fans.

Regardless of whether he is United material (he isn't) he deserves our respect as he's worked his bollocks off for every manager he's played under for very little recognition in the media or support.
Its the Star quoting Jim White on Talksport so i wouldn't take it as gospel.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...Fellaini-Scott-McTominay-Jim-White-Paul-Pogba

stevoc

The guy was booed by fans and has been slated on here countless times, and for what? He was made a scapegoat for Moyes's disastrous tenure when he was a pretty decent squad signing in my opinion. Called all sorts of stupid names and constantly been described as 'not a utd player' even though he's been consistent and a really effective player in some matches.

I'm no Fellaini fanboy but I still say he's a good squad addition.
For all his faults, his strengths and the unfair stick he gets at times. There is one constant that Fellaini has been in his 6 years at United and that is inconsistent. Now he gets moved around a lot granted but he's had really poor runs for months at a time most seasons here. To his credit he normally picks up form and plays well towards the end of seasons and he's been an important factor in cup wins.

But i don't see how anyone who's watched him since 2013 can say he's been consistent.

cyberman

Because Fellaini can't play in defense? I remember some Everton player saying you would want Fellaini as playing as far away from your penalty box as possible so that he doesn't do something stupid.
He doesn't play defence. He adds an extra body that can screen the two CB.
That extra body is worth a lot more than simply replacing one CB with another. Who even does that?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
For all his faults, his strengths and the unfair stick he gets at times. There is one constant that Fellaini has been in his 6 years at United and that is inconsistent. Now he gets moved around a lot granted but he's had really poor runs for months at a time most seasons here. To his credit he normally picks up form and plays well towards the end of seasons and he's been an important factor in cup wins.

But i don't see how anyone who's watched him since 2013 can say he's been consistent.
Sorry, should have said in effort and attitude.

Robbie Boy

Not in this thread, admittedly.
Exactly so all those posters that come in just to say that are null and void. It’s been an extremely frustrating time for the club since SAF left and plenty of players have taken flack. I think it’s a-bit of a Caf myth that Fellaini has been vilified more than other players. At the end of the day, most hate the fact that he’s often been our only Plan B. I’ve honestly not seen this frothing at the mouth hate for him, more for what it represents when he comes on and we know exactly how we will play.

Adebesi

Exactly so all those posters that come in just to say that are null and void. It’s been an extremely frustrating time for the club since SAF left and plenty of players have taken flack. I think it’s a-bit of a Caf myth that Fellaini has been vilified more than other players. At the end of the day, most hate the fact that he’s often been our only Plan B. I’ve honestly not seen this frothing at the mouth hate for him, more for what it represents when he comes on and we know exactly how will play.
Well no, I disagree with that. The fact he isnt getting abuse in here, right now, in this thread, when he isnt being picked and looks set to be on his way out, whether now or in 6 months, does not contradict the point that I and others have made in this thread, which is that he has been treated pretty badly by a lot of fans over the last 5 years or so. "Vilified more than other players" is a bit ambiguous - he has been vilified more than most other players, but its true he isnt the only one. There are a number of other players who have also been abused over the years and Fellaini is one of them. But then I never said he was the only one, if someone else said that Ill let them defend that point themselves.

SATA

If it's true, what kind of hissy fit he threw? Refusing to train? I wonder. I may not like him very much, but he has always been a good professional

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

I’d say he’s been consistently Everton standard in a United shirt. He has the odd game where he plays in a manner suggesting he should start for a Top side.

He’s consistent though. He lacks ability. Not consistency.

Robbie Boy

Well no, I disagree with that. The fact he isnt getting abuse in here, right now, in this thread, when he isnt being picked and looks set to be on his way out, whether now or in 6 months, does not contradict the point that I and others have made in this thread, which is that he has been treated pretty badly by a lot of fans over the last 5 years or so. "Vilified more than other players" is a bit ambiguous - he has been vilified more than most other players, but its true he isnt the only one. There are a number of other players who have also been abused over the years and Fellaini is one of them. But then I never said he was the only one, if someone else said that Ill let them defend that point themselves.
He’s been rightly criticised at times and people have gone OTT with him at times. It happens. I’ve honestly not seen some of the hate described but hey, maybe I don’t frequent the Fellaini threads as much as others.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
No fans hate Fellaini, they/we hate the fact that he plays for United.
I respect him for always giving his best, but his style of football is not what i want United to play.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Scapegoated for Moyes, but as he became a constant go-to guy under LVG and Mourinho, it became infuriating given the fact it was often at the expense of better players.

Should never have been signed, and each game he started automatically brought our level down.

He had some moments, scored some goals in big games, but ultimately he was a midfielder you couldn't use to play football. We need to win football matches by playing football. He serves no purpose other than as a bench option, and he probably thinks he has a higher value than that.

Happy to see the last sign of Moyes and LVG in particular long gone. No need for personal insults or anything though. It is easy to say he wasn't and isn't good enough for the shirt without a personal attack.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I just dont personally get the hate. People say it isnt personal but it often comes across as deeply personal and OTT. The managers are the ones responsible for buying him, playing him and using him the way they have, not him.
It kinda clears footballers from any negativity, doesn't it? Performance-related at least, I'm not talking about racists or cheaters.

OldPop

During Mourinho, he was one of the few players who, at the end, could change a match. In addition, he guaranteed a 100% effort when, for example, Pogba or Martiall seemed to be completely uninterested.

But if we continue to play as we do now, I will not miss him. If he remains, I cannot imagine anything other than that he must accept the role of substitute, perhaps not even on the bench.

But he has my full respect for what he has done for the club and I have little understanding for those who speak badly about him, whether it is as a football player than as a human being, it says more about themselves than it does about him.

RedIan

Hes has been a handy squad player at times and has won us/rescued points with his goals a few times.
His style doesnt fit with the direction we want to go under Ole, ie fast attacking football, he is methodical in his build up play and slows down the flow. Thanks Fellani but you can move on now. No hard feelings. £18mil would be a fair price imo

Kidders

Never wanted Fellaini at United, but unless there is a replacement lined up (I'm on the Paredes bandwagon) we should keep hold until the summer, yes he is plan B and it's not pretty, but as every remaining match will be important he could be the difference between saving or winning a game.

SAFMUTD

I don’t know why we are in such a rush to get rid of him. He may not be starting XI quality, but for sure he is a good squad option for any top team.

He offers a lot more than McTominnay, Pereira and Fred at the moment.

RedDevil@84

I don’t know why we are in such a rush to get rid of him. He may not be starting XI quality, but for sure he is a good squad option for any top team.

It is just a rumour I believe

Pughnichi

But it’s a great decision if true. Firstly, we get some fee and lighten wage bill. Secondly, we send a right signal to the other players - to either perform to required standards or be gone. Thirdly, it is another indication of the route we are taking - towards more mobile energetic players. It’s very good from any standpoint
Spot on. I’m not one for roasting the guy either. He put 100% in all the time and scored some important goals. We all now though he isn’t the archetypal Utd player

Roboc7

His wages make him effectively worthless in the transfer market and I cant see him being sold. Possibly a loan with us still paying most of his wages but that’s it. The teams that will want him won’t be paying their top earners what he gets at the moment. Will only leave if there has been a big fallout with Ole.

He’s the only player in the squad who would prefer Mourinho to still be in charge and he might take time to get over going from being someone who could do no wrong to having to worry about being on the bench.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Exactly so all those posters that come in just to say that are null and void. It’s been an extremely frustrating time for the club since SAF left and plenty of players have taken flack. I think it’s a-bit of a Caf myth that Fellaini has been vilified more than other players. At the end of the day, most hate the fact that he’s often been our only Plan B. I’ve honestly not seen this frothing at the mouth hate for him, more for what it represents when he comes on and we know exactly how we will play.
To be fair to him it is plan b.

When teams just choose to be ultra defensive nothing you do will drag them from their line hence you need something different. A plan b.

Too bad his heading actually sucks coupled with our famed shit crossing, or he could be an effective plan b

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
During Mourinho, he was one of the few players who, at the end, could change a match. In addition, he guaranteed a 100% effort when, for example, Pogba or Martiall seemed to be completely uninterested.

But if we continue to play as we do now, I will not miss him. If he remains, I cannot imagine anything other than that he must accept the role of substitute, perhaps not even on the bench.

But he has my full respect for what he has done for the club and I have little understanding for those who speak badly about him, whether it is as a football player than as a human being, it says more about themselves than it does about him.
I bet he understand fully that he will never be first teamer. He gets his paycheck and happy to warm the bench, give his all when called upon.

It really wasnt his fault the manager that actually develops him didnt have a clue where to play him.

He didnt fool us. He's the same player we bought from everton, always have and always will be. He's not going to turn the transfer down and let's not expect him to foregone his salary because that makes him angel in some fans eyes.

He may not be the player we want but there will be time when we need that extra something along the campaign and that's why he's hired

tomaldinho1

I reckon he'll go somewhere on the cheap, somewhere really random but do well.

I actually think he'd do very well at Newcastle currently, sitting in behind someone like Rondon. If you put pace around him he'll chip in with a decent amount of goals per year but it's more the style of football he suits, isn't what we should be about.

simplyared

I've never understood the way we've used him since he became a utd player. Always saw him as more of a striker/target man as in his Everton days. We've played him in a midfield role which has never worked imo. If I could choose a player who I never believed was a "united" player it would be him. Surprised we've kept him so long.

BigRon1985

A good squad player, always gave 100% despite his limited technical abilities but you could see the writing on the wall when Solskjær was appointed. Could still be useful for causing havoc in the opposition box when we need a goal with 5 mins to go.

My favourite Fellaini moment was in LVG’s first season against West Brom. Deadlocked at 1-1 he comes on, intercepts and controls a cross with his chest, swivels and hammers the ball into the net so hard it nearly burst - brilliant!

Can anyone upload the clip on here - would be great to see it again?

stevoc

I’d say he’s been consistently Everton standard in a United shirt. He has the odd game where he plays in a manner suggesting he should start for a Top side.

He’s consistent though. He lacks ability. Not consistency.
I'd have to disagree mate for me he's had runs especially in a midfield 2 under all 3 managers where he looked absolutely woeful. But then he has also had good runs at the end of 14/15, the FA Cup run and the Europa League run where he's looked a decent player when used correctly further forward in a midfield 3.

Seven Seas Sardines

Do you have a link for the 'hissy fit' rumours? Surprising to hear tbh as his attitude never seems to have been the problem, even when he was getting shit from our own fans.

Regardless of whether he is United material (he isn't) he deserves our respect as he's worked his bollocks off for every manager he's played under for very little recognition in the media or support.
It's only Jim White reporting it to be honest. Daily Star and Express are not the most reliable of papers to pick it up. :lol:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-Gunnar-Solskjaer-Marouane-Fellaini-Jim-White

red4ever 79

Hope he goes. Dont get this we need to keep hold of him in the squad business. Hell I would even call for a major cull. Fellaini, Rojo, Darmian, Valencia can all go. They contribute nothing. I would happily trim the squad right down ready for the new manager

Shark

@NotShark

Add Lukaku to that too, Fellaini would have been much more effective coming on vs Spurs. He’s not a shite footballer, and when he comes on to the pitch he knows exactly what he has to do. Not sure what the harm is if our plan A isn’t working. Starting him is another story altogether.

RedDevil@84

Hope he goes. Dont get this we need to keep hold of him in the squad business. Hell I would even call for a major cull. Fellaini, Rojo, Darmian, Valencia can all go. They contribute nothing. I would happily trim the squad right down ready for the new manager
In summer, yes.
In this window, not necessary at all.

Fellaini or Rojo can't be "culled" if they choose not to. They have contracts. Unlike Jones, Valencia and Darmian

Canagel

I changed my mind on Darmian after he showed he can play CB. It's rare to have defender that can fill position across the whole backline. Agree with the rest. I also think Mata could be surplus to requirements.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely Solskjaer can't be selling anyone as a temporary manager!

Status
Not open for further replies.