Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddaz71

I think we can truly say thank you for all your effort Marouane even though he was never Utd quality his effort was pretty solid tbf, nonetheless its best all round that he moves on.

Thisistheone

Great news if true. Just not the type of player I want to see here.

We want to be one of the elite sides again and we won't get there with Fellaini in midfield.

el3mel

We should have waited till end of the season. Now any injury and we'll have to depend on the likes of Fred and Periera.

Canagel

Fantastic news. The departure of Fellaini is signal the club is moving with the times and adapting to modern football. Possibly a sign OGS will use the likes of Fred more in the coming weeks if we're letting him go now.

Last edited:

Infestissumam

good luck to him. Never a fan of him and I won't shed a tear when he leaves, but I do think he tried his best and gave us some important goals too. Just time to move on.

RedDevil@84

We should have waited till end of the season. Now any injury and we'll have to depend on the likes of Fred and Periera.
I really hope he is just signing a contract for summer. It will be stupid to let him go without any kind of backup.

SAFMUTD

So once he goes our midfield options are (along with their ages by next season):

Pogba (26 in March)
Matic (31 in August)
Herrera (30 in August)
Fred (26 in March)
Pereira (23)
McTominay (22)

Think we're gonna need a CM.
Think we will need 2 at least, with Matic ageing he is going to need more rest and I expect Pereira to leave.

That leaves us with only McTominnay and Fred who neither has showned signs of being able to compete for the starting spot.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
:drool:

God bless Ole, he just gets it . Fellaini is a walking breathing symbol of the decline of United, Mourinho gave him a payrise and Ole has booted him out
He will absolutely destroy the Chinese league

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I'm hearing the Chinese representatives are at Carrington, if Woody has any business sense he should chuck in Jones, Rojos in the deal too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This was necessary. Similar to how Brendan Rogers came to Liverpool and immediately ostracised Andy Carroll. It marked the start of an excellent brand of football there that has spanned two managers.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Or Ole simply moves Pogba back to a deeper position in that case, hardly ideal but I reckon he could figure out a set up that works anyway.

el3mel

Or Ole simply moves Pogba back to a deeper position in that case, hardly ideal but I reckon he could figure out a set up that works anyway.
Eh ? We have now 5 midfielders and we're playing with 3, so any injury to them the likes of Fred and Periera will be playing and they have shown nothing to be confident in them doing the job, it's the contrary.

We should have waited till summer. I'm for selling him by the end of the season and bringing another midfielder, but now we'll be letting a valuable squad member go all honestly.

RedDevil@84

Really? What does he offer that Fred, Pereira, Garner or McTominay couldn't?
Disruption. That is what he offers. That is helpful in games where we cannot outscore opposition that easily.
But anyways, my point was not on his abilities, but more on keeping the squad depth as we are in multiple competitions and players would need rest or can have injury/suspension issues.

On a different topic, what does Pereira offer by the way? I have read and read that he is really good. But I struggle to see, what his best position is. He looks ok-ish in his game, but beyond that I don't really seen anything, as of now.

FujiVice

He's essentially a mummy now anyway. The hair left months ago. He's just a physical shell at the club now. What is Fellaini without the hair?

cathari

Looks like this will happen. Seems he has been looking for that next/last big contract for some time, and José stopped him the last time, didn't he? Don't reckon anyone will stop him this time around, though. There's no debating any reasonable offer, given the wages he is on, which are just on a level far too high for a limited player in my opinion.

The kind of wages he is on is also a symptom of the many problems the club have gotten themselves into post SAF. Need to get the structure sorted as soon as possible, and with a caretaker manager, there isn't a better time to start offloading players like Fellaini (when the right offer is made).

Will miss his qualities in the squad, though. Don't get fooled by Ole fever. If injury free, I reckon Fellaini would have been played in the dying minutes of many games and games to come. He just wouldn't be a front runner any longer.

Reactions: Penna

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I would keep him around just for PSG away.
Chinese window closes 28th of Feb.

Agree with the people here who say they learned to appreciate and respect his professionalism. Wasn't the right fit, but he's one of the most professional players at the club. Wish him the best if he's off.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
A fully fit Carroll is better than whatever Benteke is, because he stopped being a footballer a long long time ago.
And he was also signed by Liverpool ‘a long time ago’.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Well I guess signing him to a two year deal has paid off after all.

Actually, wait - 7m is pretty low isn't it. Come on unnamed Chinese club, get your hands in your pocket!!

Canagel

Disruption. That is what he offers. That is helpful in games where we cannot outscore opposition that easily.
But anyways, my point was not on his abilities, but more on keeping the squad depth as we are in multiple competitions and players would need rest or can have injury/suspension issues.

On a different topic, what does Pereira offer by the way? I have read and read that he is really good. But I struggle to see, what his best position is. He looks ok-ish in his game, but beyond that I don't really seen anything, as of now.
We didn't need his disruption to beat Newcastle or score against Arsenal. OGS brought on two strikers each time and demonstrated effective use of strikeforce instead of lumping it forward.

yfoFC

Fellaini will never leave.
"The Least Positive Person In Performance Thread Ever" :wenger:

Anyways, good luck to him in the future but I hope to God we don't go near players like him again... More football, less hoofball.

SATA

That was as fast as a transfer i have ever seen completed. I mean the tweet about Felli going to China only emerged today right? And next i read the buying representatives are already at Carrington to sort the deal

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Eh ? We have now 5 midfielders and we're playing with 3, so any injury to them the likes of Fred and Periera will be playing and they have shown nothing to be confident in them doing the job, it's the contrary.

We should have waited till summer. I'm for selling him by the end of the season and bringing another midfielder, but now we'll be letting a valuable squad member go all honestly.
We also have Mctominay and Garner. We keep going on about giving youth a chance and it seems Ole will be doing exactly that if the need arises. I'm okay with it tbh. I can understand concerns that we are a bit light on seasoned pros in midfield but we gotta give the young players a chance before the summer to see who to keep around for next season.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)

It's not just ideal, it would be unbelievably stupid. Pogba shouldn't be moved back under any circumstances. It ain't his position.
Don't necessarily disagree, but at the same time Pogba still has more to his game in that position than Fellaini ever would. And if it's against a strong opponent and the alternative would be Fred, Pereira or McTominay...

el3mel

We also have Mctominay and Garner. We keep going on about giving youth a chance and it seems Ole will be doing exactly that if the need arises. I'm okay with it tbh. I can understand concerns that we are a bit light on seasoned pros in midfield but we gotta give the young players a chance before the summer to see who to keep around for next season.
The least we say about McTominay, the better.

Seven Seas Sardines

In Fellaini's roles we can play Matic, Herrera, Pogba, Fred, Pereira, McTominay and even Mata. Hell, even Jimmy Garner is a more rounded midfielder already. I'm just as flabbergasted that there are Fellaini apologists as there were Mourinho ones. :lol:

That there are posters who still prefer hoofball over giving Fred and Pereira chances to improve! Good riddance, Ole for president!

Status
Not open for further replies.