Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxter

No thanks.. Since everybody want us to play more short intricate passing, he'd be exactly the opposite. He excels in Everton football but would be quite limited with our style of footballing. I would rather Lassana Diara.
Who's just signed for Anzhi.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
No thanks.. Since everybody want us to play more short intricate passing, he'd be exactly the opposite. He excels in Everton football but would be quite limited with our style of footballing. I would rather Lassana Diara.
We are not going to become a long ball team just because we get one tall guy. He would help us a lot in set piece situations and also to help defend. He would be a great addition to our squad.

puNANI

From his FB

Guys,

I was very surpised to read in some newspapers that I will leave Everton very soon and perhaps next January.
Let me remind you that I am very happy in Liverpool and our start of the championship was good. Kevin Mirallas and some other good players joined us to make a better squad in order to realize a good championship in the line of the end of the last one.
So with Everton, I am ready to play all the season and to reach our goals of this season. However, my only concern for the moment is of course our (Red Devils) Tuesday's game against Croatia.
Whether you're in Belgium or England, thank you from my heart for your support …

Marouane

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
We are not going to become a long ball team just because we get one tall guy. He would help us a lot in set piece situations and also to help defend. He would be a great addition to our squad.

Not really. That is such a primitive view. A midfielder has to possess much more than that, and at least from the Berbatov episode, we know that mobility, passing and quick thinking is essential to how we conduct our football. Players like Fellani only excel in mid-table teams and rarely found in top tier European teaims due to their limitations. He is only rated here cos we have probably one of the physically weakest teams in Europe and gets trampled on each and everytime we meet a team with a muscular midfield presence.

iAm20Legend

Either being tapped up, or looking for a pay rise.
Aye. Strange thing to say after the window has shut, so I guess he's lobbying for a pay rise, must've seen how the media were singing about him when he did us in the first game, and decided the time was right.

Not a bad player mind you. But I can't make up my mind if he would fit into our style of play. We'd probably be better at set-pieces for sure though.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I'd take him too. Dont think he'd want a squad role though and i dont think he's good enough to start for us when Carrick is fit unless we're facing a really strong team and need to play both.

The timing of it is totally stupid.
Or when we have our seemingly annual defence crisis and have to play Carrick at centreback.

With the loan move? Or Fellaini?

In regards to Fellaini ; Out of the blue.
The loan ; Something went wrong with the paperwork, we probably left it too late for Brugges to get it all sorted. Which is a shame as we would have got him.

Been thinking about this, but there was also a quote that he was disappointed that Vadis wasn't coming anymore but like you say, it seems a bit far fetched. Possibly the reason he is saying it now (if true) is so we can get targets sorted for when we cash in on him. What's strange too is that he signed a 5 year deal in November, so he didn't show any signs of wanting to leave at all.
Could say it in private to Moyes though, no?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If we could transform him into a full on centre midfielder, then I'd love to see him here. Seems he's more of a "in the hole" at the moment, and even though he can be an absolute beast there at times, I find he can be quite wastful in front of goal.

Alas, him in centre midfield would be great. He'd add some grit, presence and technical ability there. He could become our very own Yaya Toure - a running tank.

Still, I can't see him coming here. If/when he leaves Everton, I can see him leaving the PL. I can't see City or Chelsea signing him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If we could transform him into a full on centre midfielder, then I'd love to see him here. Seems he's more of a "in the hole" at the moment, and even though he can be an absolute beast there at times, I find he can be quite wastful in front of goal.

Alas, him in centre midfield would be great. He'd add some grit, presence and technical ability there. He could become our very own Yaya Toure - a running tank.

Still, I can't see him coming here. If/when he leaves Everton, I can see him leaving the PL. I can't see City or Chelsea signing him.
Why would you need to transform him into that when that is where he has played for most of his time with us? It's only since the back end of last season that Moyes has used him solely as an CAM.

RedRover

This to me is the problem - he's not a player who'll sit deep, if anything he's playing of the forward for Everton in the same way that Cahill did (and the reason why they let Cahill go).

He's a good player but I think we need someone with discipline in midefield to keep the shape - and not bomb forward at every avilable opportunity. Top player, just don't see where he'd fit in

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No worries. It was only really when Cahill tailed off/left that he has become a towering force in attack. Plus the introduction of Jelavic and Gibson has helped. Jelavic/Fellaini have a good understanding and Gibson brings the presence to the midfield that Fellaini did. Albeit in a different way.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Prefer Dembele....now that he is at Spurs (our feeder club) i reckon we will sign him next summer for £30m..

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Why would you need to transform him into that when that is where he has played for most of his time with us? It's only since the back end of last season that Moyes has used him solely as an CAM.
How has he done playing in a deeper midfield role? I've never been impressed whenever I've seen him play that. In fact, its only after converting into a CAM that he's suddenly become to hyped up in the premier league.

RedRover

How has he done playing in a deeper midfield role? I've never been impressed whenever I've seen him play that. In fact, its only after converting into a CAM that he's suddenly become to hyped up in the premier league.
I think he's more than capable of doing that, has all the attributes - big question is whether he would want to or whether he can curb that instinct to get forward.

Can be a problem if a midfielder does that and he's the one supposed to be covering - Gerrard did it frequestly in Liverpool in his pomp and while he was great goingt forward you could drive a double decker bus through the gaps he sued to leave - hence why Alonso and Mascherano were the preferred two.

This is why I don't see him as a logical fit.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think the only thing he would need to improve on in the deeper midfield role for a top team is his range of passing. He's a ball-winner first and foremost when played there. Another reason why him playing just behind the striker has been key for us this calender year. He wins it high up the pitch because of not only his but the whole teams pressure. When he loses it he more often than not wins it back too.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think he's more than capable of doing that, has all the attributes - big question is whether he would want to or whether he can curb that instinct to get forward.

Can be a problem if a midfielder does that and he's the one supposed to be covering - Gerrard did it frequestly in Liverpool in his pomp and while he was great goingt forward you could drive a double decker bus through the gaps he sued to leave - hence why Alonso and Mascherano were the preferred two.

This is why I don't see him as a logical fit.
I don't think him bombing forward is going to be a problem. The coaching staff will make him realize his position and he will understand it as well. With good players around him attacking, he doesn't need to attack unless its a set piece situation.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It's not a stupid point to make. Sir Alex has done it in the past. Asking his defenders who they found the hardest. Fellaini is a player, at 24 who could offer us something. Lennon, isn't better then what we have so in that respect, I think he'd be a very useful squad member and potentially a good first teamer but you just never know these days where a player will end up.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He said in a post-match interview just over a week ago about how he enjoyed playing "further forward more" because that's where he can get goals and help the team.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Sideshow has had a superb start to the season: 10 starts, 6 goals and 3 assists. His role has changed somewhat, now he shapes up as a attacking midfielder of some description. I think in one previous season he made more tackles than anyone in the league, now he averages just 1.7 per game.

Still not sure that he would worth his expected fee to us.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Sideshow has had a superb start to the season: 10 starts, 6 goals and 3 assists. His role has changed somewhat, now he shapes up as a attacking midfielder of some description. I think in one previous season he made more tackles than anyone in the league, now he averages just 1.7 per game.

Still not sure that he would worth his expected fee to us.
Cost Everton £15mil so I assume they would be looking for around £30mil form him.

Ekeke

I don't agree with that at all.
Baines has created the most oppertunities in the league this season. The most passes to set up a chance, and also the most crosses (2 different things)

Thats 1 more key pass per game than Cazorla, over 1 more key pass per game than Silva. 1 more cross per game than Bannon who has the 2nd most.

How many goals would Fellaini have without Baines? Not too many.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Fellaini is a good player. He's asked to do a job at Everton and he's good at it. His performance again us, was inspired. It wasn't a fluke. Fellaini is more valuable to Everton then any other player because he can play a number of roles and he's young enough still to improve.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I'd like him here more then any other CM in the league

Ekeke

Fellaini is a good player. He's asked to do a job at Everton and he's good at it. His performance again us, was inspired. It wasn't a fluke. Fellaini is more valuable to Everton then any other player because he can play a number of roles and he's young enough still to improve.
He likes playing there and Everton can replace him in all roles. Who is their reserve left back? We never find out.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think that all you need to see in Fellaini to realise is a world class midfielder is that when he's used in a defensive role, we have excellent defensive stats (which was shown in his own individual defensive stats for the past two seasons) and when he's used in an attacking sense like most of this season, he and the team have had very impressive attacking stats.

Ekeke

Everton had great defensive stats last season. The season before that they conceeded the 7th least goals and they have conceeded the 8th least goals this season.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Baines has created the most oppertunities in the league this season. The most passes to set up a chance, and also the most crosses (2 different things)

Thats 1 more key pass per game than Cazorla, over 1 more key pass per game than Silva. 1 more cross per game than Bannon who has the 2nd most.

How many goals would Fellaini have without Baines? Not too many.
Funny how over half the people on here didn't want Baines. And some people's claims were: "Even the Evra of now (this being prior to the start of this season) is better than Baines, and he's not much younger so it's pointless."

Not saying Evra's been bad this year because he's actually improved a bit, but having Baines would definitely significantly improve us.

Status
Not open for further replies.