Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Like Dembele, this guy will be awesome or shit all season and this will likely change from game to game.

KanieKaned

I think dembele will be a bit more consistent overall but Fellaini may snag himself a couple more goals.

He looked fecked the other day after being a total beast in the two games previous.

iAm20Legend

I think dembele will be a bit more consistent overall but Fellaini may snag himself a couple more goals.

He looked fecked the other day after being a total beast in the two games previous.
Yeah, I think Dembele was more consistent from what I saw of Fulham last season. But Fellaini is one of those blokes who always raise their game against us :rolleyes:

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, I think Dembele was more consistent from what I saw of Fulham last season. But Fellaini is one of those blokes who always raise their game against us :rolleyes:
A bit unfair on Fellaini he usually is consistent throughout the season as is Dembele these lads are good players. Fellaini looks good against us as we really struggle with air raids its not our strongest suit Vidic Smalling and Jones apart. I wouldn't have minded seeing both them pair up for in the centre mid :drool: Power and drive exactly what we miss in there.

Drifter

American
Manchester United and Chelsea target Fellaini says he wants to leave Everton

In quotes that will rock Everton and get cheque books flexing all around the Premier League, Marouane Fellaini has said that he wants to leave Everton and try new experiences soon.

The midfielder was heavily linked with both Chelsea and Manchester United this summer. The Daily Star said in July that the Old Trafford club had a fight on their hands for the midfielder with Chelsea ready battle for a player they valued at around £20m.

His performance against Sir Alex Ferguson's team at Goodison Park again heightened links and supporters were clamouring for a last ditch effort to sign him. By that stage both United and Chelsea had done the majority of their transfer window business and a move was unlikely.

Today he's quoted by Belgian newspaper Nieuwsblad as saying "I begin now my fifth season at Everton, this will be one of my last.

"I've seen everything. In January or at the end of the season I would look for another club or league."

Those are very strong words from the big midfielder, a **** hero at Everton, and will certainly put him right into the spotlight. International breaks often bring out these things from players, luckily for David Moyes the transfer window is closed. Fellaini can hardly say he's been misquoted given how clear the quotes are.

It's a sudden change from Fellaini and could biazrrely have been sparked by Everton's loan deal for Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe falling through. Fellaini said at the end of his comments regarding leaving "It's a pity incidentally that Vadis did not come to Everton."

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
1) Wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave and try new things but it's a really shit thing for him to do when the season has just started and we have started to play well.
2) Mirallas said one of the key points in signing for us was because Fellaini was here too and he encourage him to join.

I'm not sure on this one. I can see why he would say that as he's good enough and will play for a top team in Europe (hopefully we can get in and he stays) but I also dont get why he'd do it now.

Ah well, could be bullshit mind.

davisjw

I'd take him in a heart beat. He's a monster in the middle with a good engine who'd nick us a few goals. I think he's a Fergie signing.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I also dont get why he'd do it now.
Very strange indeed. It actually makes me think less of him as a player/pro. Needless stuff. Unless he had a fall out over this failed loan thing which sounds extremely far-fetched.

What's the story there? Everton "at fault" in any way?

Varun

Staff
I'd take him in a heart beat. He's a monster in the middle with a good engine who'd nick us a few goals. I think he's a Fergie signing.
I'd take him too. Dont think he'd want a squad role though and i dont think he's good enough to start for us when Carrick is fit unless we're facing a really strong team and need to play both.

The timing of it is totally stupid.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
With the loan move? Or Fellaini?

In regards to Fellaini ; Out of the blue.
The loan ; Something went wrong with the paperwork, we probably left it too late for Brugges to get it all sorted. Which is a shame as we would have got him.

Been thinking about this, but there was also a quote that he was disappointed that Vadis wasn't coming anymore but like you say, it seems a bit far fetched. Possibly the reason he is saying it now (if true) is so we can get targets sorted for when we cash in on him. What's strange too is that he signed a 5 year deal in November, so he didn't show any signs of wanting to leave at all.

Smores

Very strange thing to come out with, he could have done it all behind closed doors really. I'm calling bullshit or misquote

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
We should make a move for him in January.
The only reason we should go for him is to prevent us having to play against him.

I have serious doubts about whether he'd get into our team. His best games seem to be up front.

Varun

Staff
We should make a move for him in January.
Where do you see him fitting in? I can only see him as backup to Carrick and someone to give Carrick rest in certain games. He'd also get in in big games where we need to play a really strong middle 2.

I dont see him accepting a squad role.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's ridiculous how rival fans underrate him so much when he plays deeper. You really haven't watched him enough if you think he's only good/played his best games up front just because he shat on you twice.

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
I think we'll finally find our DM somewhere in south america, some little-known hard-ass argie who just likes to sit back and gobble up the pressure. But not until next summer.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It's ridiculous how rival fans underrate him so much when he plays deeper. You really haven't watched him enough if you think he's only good/played his best games up front just because he shat on you twice.
I watch whatever live games are on the tele and he always seems to be up front.

When I've seen him in midfield he's looked alright but nothing special. Actually 1 game sticks in the mind when he's played in midfield and it was against City about 2 years ago IIRC. He was epic.

Freak is clearly quite harsh making him sound like simply a big man when he's demonstrated he has good feet but I've not seen anywhere near enough top performances from him in midfield to make me pay attention.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
With the loan move? Or Fellaini?

In regards to Fellaini ; Out of the blue.
The loan ; Something went wrong with the paperwork, we probably left it too late for Brugges to get it all sorted. Which is a shame as we would have got him.

Been thinking about this, but there was also a quote that he was disappointed that Vadis wasn't coming anymore but like you say, it seems a bit far fetched. Possibly the reason he is saying it now (if true) is so we can get targets sorted for when we cash in on him. What's strange too is that he signed a 5 year deal in November, so he didn't show any signs of wanting to leave at all.
If the quotes are accurate (big IF) the only scenario where it all makes sense is him being extremely keen on this Vadis chap joining (old mates maybe?), probably intervened directly, and Everton screwing up the paperwork has upset him massively.

So either the media is shit as usual or he is a tool.

SATA

One performance from him stood out that i will always remember. He was immense against Arsenal a few years ago at Goodison, i watched it live and he almost took the whole Arsenal team by himself and Everton won the match. That said, it isn't that difficult to look immense against the Arse though

Bebe

Where do you see him fitting in? I can only see him as backup to Carrick and someone to give Carrick rest in certain games. He'd also get in in big games where we need to play a really strong middle 2.

I dont see him accepting a squad role.
He'll challenge Carrick for the spot, no reason he can't win it from Carrick. Competition for places is never a bad thing, and the fact is we will need a replacement for Carrick in the next two years regardless.

He ticks pretty much every box we need filled (snigger), sign him the feck up.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
His best performances have been up front. If he cam here, people would soon complain about his limitations. He's not a United midfielder.

Varun

Staff
He'll challenge Carrick for the spot, no reason he can't win it from Carrick. Competition for places is never a bad thing, and the fact is we will need a replacement for Carrick in the next two years regardless.

He ticks pretty much every box we need filled (snigger), sign him the feck up.
He's not good enough to replace Carrick tbh. He'l need to considerably improve his overall game to become first choice here, i dont see it happening. He doesnt tick all boxes when it comes to being a United midfielder either. He'd be a very good addition to the squad, no doubt but he isnt as good as is being made out at CM.

Ash_G

I think better than credited for by some, his defensive stats are amongst the best in the league and he has a blend of physicality and quality which is hard to find these days. He definitely has some areas be needs to develop but most his attributes are good and there's no reason when surrounded by better players that he can't up his game. Good age, right attributes that we need, he'a not the best we could get but he'd still be a good addition to the squad now and could become an important player.

Varun

Staff
I think better than credited for by some, his defensive stats are amongst the best in the league and he has a blend of physicality and quality which is hard to find these days. He definitely has some areas be needs to develop but most his attributes are good and there's no reason when surrounded by better players that he can't up his game. Good age, right attributes that we need, he'a not the best we could get but he'd still be a good addition to the squad now and could become an important player.
Defensively, he's good. I agree. I dont think his passing is good enough to replace Carrick though. As i said, would be a very good squad player, but wont be replacing Carrick anytime soon.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
His passing isn't progressive or consistent enough.

Not the right sort of midfield player for us.

Ash_G

Defensively, he's good. I agree. I dont think his passing is good enough to replace Carrick though. As i said, would be a very good squad player, but wont be replacing Carrick anytime soon.
Well he doesn't have to be the same as carrick does he? His passing isn't as good no doubt but it's not bad by any means and he has a physicality and arguably a drive on the pitch that carrick doesn't. Thats something that can be argued that we lack. He'a more than good enough to keep things ticking and like I said there's no reason he can't develop his passing. He's unlikely to ever become a top passer but he can be an effective one. Can get goals and is a real aerial threat that would be a bonus in attack and defence.

His passing isn't progressive or consistent enough.

Not the right sort of midfield player for us.
Like i said he's not the ideal player but I think he'd still be a good player to bring in.

Varun

Staff
Well he doesn't have to be the same as carrick does he? His passing isn't as good no doubt but it's not bad by any means and he has a physicality and arguably a drive on the pitch that carrick doesn't. Thats something that can be argued that we lack. He'a more than good enough to keep things ticking and like I said there's no reason he can't develop his passing. He's unlikely to ever become a top passer but he can be an effective one. Can get goals and is a real aerial threat that would be a bonus in attack and defence.
No, he doesnt but with SAF at the helm, its unlikely he'l settle for a destroyer per se. He's said so himself. He wants more of his midfielders. Fellaini would fit the bill defensively, not so when it comes to passing the ball and distributing play. Dont get me wrong, he's no mug with the ball. For me though, i'd want someone better in our midfield.

His aerial ability would be a big bonus, no doubt, but hardly reason enough to put him into the 11.

Ash_G

No, he doesnt but with SAF at the helm, its unlikely he'l settle for a destroyer per se. He's said so himself. He wants more of his midfielders. Fellaini would fit the bill defensively, not so when it comes to passing the ball and distributing play. Dont get me wrong, he's no mug with the ball. For me though, i'd want someone better in our midfield.

His aerial ability would be a big bonus, no doubt, but hardly reason enough to put him into the 11.
He doesn't have to be a destroyer though, he's very much box to box when given the chance. Hes only just 24 I think, for plenty of time to develop his game further. Well I think he would be a good option to bring in if not the best option.

Andrew~

I know people here love him, but honestly, he's crap. Just a bigger version of Tim Cahill - do not want.

Varun

Staff
I know people here love him, but honestly, he's crap. Just a bigger version of Tim Cahill - do not want.
He's far from crap.

He doesn't have to be a destroyer though, he's very much box to box when given the chance. Hes only just 24 I think, for plenty of time to develop his game further. Well I think he would be a good option to bring in if not the best option.
Whoever partners Clev/Ando/Scholes would need to stay back and protect the back 4 just like Carrick does. Carrick's passing is a big part of our game, we'd miss that with Fellaini. As i said earlier though, if we needed a solid defensive middle 2 in certain games, he'd fit in very well.

In any case, am totally on the "get him" side if he's available. Will be a very good addition to our squad. But i see him as a squad player, not a starter. Will get plenty of games though

Ash_G

He's far from crap.

Whoever partners Clev/Ando/Scholes would need to stay back and protect the back 4 just like Carrick does. Carrick's passing is a big part of our game, we'd miss that with Fellaini. As i said earlier though, if we needed a solid defensive middle 2 in certain games, he'd fit in very well.

In any case, am totally on the "get him" side if he's available. Will be a very good addition to our squad. But i see him as a squad player, not a starter. Will get plenty of games though
Well hopefully Clev/ando can develop to being properly box to box players and so whilst they might be the more attacking player in the combo, their partner will be able to get forward at times. But either way Fellani could do that holding role very well, with the quality to be able to break forward if he got the chance. His passing is an issue but like I said maybe his other attributes such as his physicality/fighting spirit can compensate. Also with the addition of kagawa in an attacking midfield role, if he plays there long term, would give us an additional creativity that we've not had in a long time from the centre, perhaps alleviating the need to have a great ball playing midfielder in a deeper role.

I guess we won't know till he moves on. I don't think he'll become a world beater or anything but I think he could fit in well at a top club. Like I said he's only 24 so he's got plenty of time to work on those aspects of his game that aren't his strongest.

Varun

Staff
I guess we won't know till he moves on. I don't think he'll become a world beater or anything but I think he could fit in well at a top club. Like I said he's only 24 so he's got plenty of time to work on those aspects of his game that aren't his strongest.
Yeah, i agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.