Fergie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
As a Doctor I do think that the fact that they operated on him is in itself a positive sign , if the bleed was huge they wouldn't have done anything

Witchking

Please Fergie, get well soon. You are a source of strength to everybody. Seeing you in the stands at every match is one of the highlights. Fingers crossed, all will be well. :(

Stan Jefferson

This doesn't feel real.

Still angers me that those people support the same club as me.
You're sound mate, just like the vast majority of Liverpool supporters. We might be rival clubs but when the chips are down we've got a lot more in common than not. Every fanbase has its scummy elements and it doesn't reflect on decent supporters like yourself at all.

Rajma

Saf is the fighter like the world have never seen, no doubt he will pull it through, he embraces the challenge like no other

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Sky Sports' version of events, that he was having surgery tonight, seems to be bollocks then. cnuts can't even get a story this big right.
First, fast, feck the facts.

FujiVice

This bugger keeps doing it to us doesnt it? Keeps us worrying until the last minute and in Fergie time has us all smiling. Hope this is the case this time. Been suckered in many times thinking all hope is gone by this man for 30 years. There's nothing Alex Ferguson cant do. Keep the faith.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
My goodness, this is not news I ever wanted to see but I'm happy that the prognosis seems good. I hope he can make a good recovery and eventually find himself back in the stands. He's a tough glaswegian so I have all the hope in the world for him.

Krakle

He will pull through. Defeat isnt in his vocabulary.

Reactions: KM

Uniquim

Hope he recovers quickly enough to see us win the FA Cup. We can give him a hell of a welcome back when he appears on the Wembley screens!

If not, we'll give him a hell of a welcome back at the first home game of next season.

Take the time you need and get better, Fergie! Please.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
horrendous news. the only person I know who had this was dead in seconds. let's hope that having survived the incident and the surgery that he can recover. he's only 76 ffs

Eddy_JukeZ

Saw the pinned statement and felt devastated.

All the best to SAF and his family.

Awful news :(

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
On a stag do in Temple Bar, Dublin and the announcement came out by the live music act and the whole bar stopped in its tracks. Dublin stood still in shock at the news.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Very true. I hate that they get away with it though.

I like to think that most of our supporters remember that Ferguson was one of the first people to visit Houllier in hospital when he had his heart problems in 2001.
Rational, sensible people realise there's a difference between having a ferocious rivalry on the pitch, but appreciating stuff is way more important than it off the pitch.

It'd be good if some of the nonsense online and even in stadiums was clamped down on, but it's an impossible mission.
You only have to look at any even vaguely controversial subject video on youtube and read the comments to see the bottom of humanity

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The statement from United sounds positive I think, so he should hopefully be ok.

As old as I am I started crying once it was confirmed. However, it's Alex Ferguson, the greatest fighter alongside Ali, so have to stay positive.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I genuinely feel sick, hoping all will turn out fine.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Checked on twitter for any news updates, hoping it was all some horrible rumour. I had to log out again when I saw some of the horrendous tweets for Liverpool "supporters".
Vermin.
Praying it's nothing serious.
I doubt they’re real supporters of anything. Even RAWK’s Fergie thread is filled with nothing but people wishing him a speedy recovery.

Hammerfell

I'm taking the fact that they were able to operate and that it's gone well as a sign that they caught it early.

vayid

Omg awful news to hear, he is like a father figure to many and I know many people say no one is bigger than the club but for me Sir Alex was Manchester United.

Really sad about the news but Wishing him a speedy recovery and sending lots of love to his family at this difficult time.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
As a Doctor I do think that the fact that they operated on him is in itself a positive sign , if the bleed was huge they wouldn't have done anything
Oh that's great to hear..

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Jesus Christ.

Wishing Sir Alex a full recovery. Stay strong, gentle giant!

Status
Not open for further replies.