Gaming Fifa 10

Woodzy

Only takes a couple of minutes. It says it can take upto a couple of days but it comes pretty much instantly.

Ekeke

Only thing wrong with yours Woodzy is the face needs to be a bit thinner. But I'd imagine there will be sliders to fix these things.

Woodzy

Only thing wrong with yours Woodzy is the face needs to be a bit thinner. But I'd imagine there will be sliders to fix these things.
There's actually sliders to do that on there now. It just runs very slow and i got bored of fiddling with it. The good thing is i can go back and alter things like that anytime i want seemingly.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I'm trying to do it now and a mates computer...but it's just frozen on the last step...I clicked 'generate my face' and it just went blank for ages...no loading screen or nothing...Is this normal?

Mockney

Mine took forever to load, so I left it on while I went out....For some annoying reason it wouldn't save, so I took a pic instead....you all probably know what I look like

I think thats bloody good to be honest!...there aren't enough hair options though

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That does look good. I'm sure they'll add more hair options, it is in Beta stage still.

Mockney

That does look good. I'm sure they'll add more hair options, it is in Beta stage still.
You can't see it in this pic but they even got my moles in it....and the facial hair is from my pic not added in...It's a really good rendering to be honest, by far the best of any of these things...I'm chomping at the bit to get the fecking game now...I'm gonna put all sorts of famous people in it aswell!

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Okay so I'm considering my all Star XI Team (now that they've added the ability to create your own team again). I'm thinking

Teal'c (Stargate)

Mr T......Chuck Norris....Arnie.....Mike Tyson

James Bond...,...Sam Jackson....Steven Seagal......Lawrence Fishburne

The Rock... CF​

Any ideas for my last striker?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
What's all this gayness?

Anyway, for all its improvements, FIFA still had the same flaw as always last year...once you figure it out (which takes about an hour), it's fecking boring.

Pro Evo seems to be walking backwards, but I still find it lasts longer simply because it's not as pointlessly predictable and easy.

Alex

Okay so I'm considering my all Star XI Team (now that they've added the ability to create your own team again). I'm thinking

Teal'c (Stargate)

Mr T......Chuck Norris....Arnie.....Mike Tyson

James Bond...,...Sam Jackson....Steven Seagal......Lawrence Fishburne

The Rock... CF​

Any ideas for my last striker?
Randy the Ram

Biscuit1871

What's all this gayness?

Anyway, for all its improvements, FIFA still had the same flaw as always last year...once you figure it out (which takes about an hour), it's fecking boring.

Pro Evo seems to be walking backwards, but I still find it lasts longer simply because it's not as pointlessly predictable and easy.
Sorry but what do you mean by 'figuring it out'?

F-Red

Figuring out that you can score screamers almost at will with any half-decent striker by holding R2 and shooting with the required amount of power. Drains all fun out of the game.
Screamers with a side foot? Don't talk daft.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It is way too easy to hold R1 and curl it round the keeper. To the point where it kinda feels like cheating sometimes, I hate scoring like it now.

Biscuit1871

I never use finesse shot because, as you say, it feels like cheating. That said i still reckon i could probably beat most of you even if you took every shot using it. Just because you've learn't how to finesse shots, doesn't mean you have figured out the game.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
All the ingredients are there for a great game - they just need to sort a few things out. I outlined them better in an earlier post when this thread was made several months ago.

I was a big PES fan for years, until the latest installments of both titles. The new PES is an utter shambles, which is utterly depressing. So I bought FIFA, and was pleasantly surprised. Some great animations, and the gameplay works reasonably well, however something's not right. I used to play PES all year until the next installment would come out, but FIFA, I haven't played in months, and have no real desire to go back.

Some points:

- The shooting is far too easy. Wondergoals are ten-a-penny, to the point I get no enjoyment from them. Hold R2(RT), get the power right, and the player will pull off some outrageous (often outside-of-the-boot) beauty into the top bag. Loved it at first. Hate it now. You'd have to work for those goals in old PES and get it spot on. I don't even watch the replays when I score them now. So make the shooting a bit more challenging and rewarding. And don't talk to me about turning off assisted shooting or whatever it is. You shouldn't have to disadvantage yourself to get full fulfillment from the game.

- Make the first-touch thing better. Using the analogue stick thing to take a touch is great, however it's not responsive enough. When I play a lobbed through ball to my striker, and want him to take the ball in his stride, often he stands waiting for the ball to bounce before taking a touch (often a poor one), and the defender can catch up. Should be able to take Berbatov-esque touches pulling the ball effortlessly out of the air, if you time it right.

- Improve the skill functions. Sorry, I know FIFA has some nice skills, but all this analogue stick and top buttons shit is stupid when all you wanna do is a couple of step-overs. Again, learn from PES. If you wanna pull off rainbow kicks and all that fancy shite you never see in real-life, by all means use the skill stick and top buttons, but for simple step-over it should just be 2 blasts of R1 (RB) like on PES. The shoot faint thing is utterly wank in FIFA too. It's very difficult to round the keeper one on one, so I just end up sliding it in with R2 and shoot, guaranteed goal of course. :boring:

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I never use finesse shot because, as you say, it feels like cheating. That said i still reckon i could probably beat most of you even if you took every shot using it. Just because you've learn't how to finesse shots, doesn't mean you have figured out the game.
Don't you think it's bollocks though? You shouldn't have to disadvantage yourself to gain proper fulfilment from the game.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
But then if you've figured out finesse shots and easily beat those who have supposedly figured out the game, what use is 'figuring out the game'?

Biscuit1871

Don't you think it's bollocks though? You shouldn't have to disadvantage yourself to gain proper fulfilment from the game.
I agree its utter bollocks and it does piss me off to no end, but it doesn't ruin the game for me. I can still beat cnuts who insist on using it for every shot. Finesse doesn't work from every position and often the shot will go straight into the keepers arms.

But then if you've figured out finesse shots and easily beat those who have supposedly figured out the game, what use is 'figuring out the game'?
Thats the thing, define what figuring out the game is. I wouldn't say i have figured out the game. Im good at it, but not unbeatable. Theres loads of little tricks that can be used to win, but they don't work all the time and someone who can finesse alone won't win anything.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Btw, I haven't played my FIFA in a while. If I loaded it up now with Xbox Live on, would it update all the transfers?
No. The new update with the Summer transfers is called Fifa2010.