Gaming Fifa 10

Fergies Formula

After years of being a pro evo man through and through and turning my noses up at those who played fifa, my friend lent me fifa 09 2 weeks ago explaining that he had been the same as me, so i decided to give it a go.

I was very impressed with the usual; graphics, licensing layout etc which i expected, but i discovered the gameplay was so much more fluid, varied and less robotic than pro. I am really starting to have my head turned by fifa, which i never thought i would say. Pro evo has fallen off over the past year and im still hoping the new one will be good. However i think i still will buy the new fifa.

Can those who know please fill me in on whether fifa 2010;

Will have changed the dynamics of the ball, in 09 it seems to float a lot and you cant get much power behind shots outside the area?

when shooting in 09 it was really easy to score just hold r2 and its is, will this improve and become more skilled?

Dribbling seems quiet difficult an you cant execute what you want to do like a direct cut inside etc will there be more emphasis on close control making it more fun for attacking players, it seemed quite easy to take the ball off someone...?

Finally, in 09 when your an attacker with the ball and you catch a defender flat footed go to run round them and i get blocked off he takes the ball and muscles in every time, its so unrealistic, have they improved on the physical side of he game, in the battle between players, taking into account strength speed etc.

These are the areas where i felt it lacked compared to pro evo.

cheers guys... i think you might have a new fifa addict if this one is good

can someone tell me a few things

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
After years of being a pro evo man through and through and turning my noses up at those who played fifa, my friend lent me fifa 09 2 weeks ago explaining that he had been the same as me, so i decided to give it a go.

I was very impressed with the usual; graphics, licensing layout etc which i expected, but i discovered the gameplay was so much more fluid, varied and less robotic than pro. I am really starting to have my head turned by fifa, which i never thought i would say. Pro evo has fallen off over the past year and im still hoping the new one will be good. However i think i still will buy the new fifa.

Can those who know please fill me in on whether fifa 2010;

Will have changed the dynamics of the ball, in 09 it seems to float a lot and you cant get much power behind shots outside the area?

Apparently ball dynamics can't really get much better now, they've improved it so that the ball is a bit weightier, and you can drill powerful shots from outside the box now

when shooting in 09 it was really easy to score just hold r2 and its is, will this improve and become more skilled?

Should be fixed, will be harder to score this year, defender urgency and blocks and such make sure of this

Dribbling seems quiet difficult an you cant execute what you want to do like a direct cut inside etc will there be more emphasis on close control making it more fun for attacking players, it seemed quite easy to take the ball off someone...?

They've brought in a whole new system called 360 dribbling. Does what it says on the tin, you can now dribble in any direction you want with close control as long as the player is good enough. Apparently it's really made the game so much better.

Finally, in 09 when your an attacker with the ball and you catch a defender flat footed go to run round them and i get blocked off he takes the ball and muscles in every time, its so unrealistic, have they improved on the physical side of he game, in the battle between players, taking into account strength speed etc.

Yup, the players physical attributes now make a big difference to shoulder to shoulder challenges. No more Wright-Phillips barging Drogba over. Stronger players wil be able to knock weaker ones off the ball, however more skilled players (Iniesta, Messi, etc..) will still be able to keep control of the ball while being barged.

These are the areas where i felt it lacked compared to pro evo.

cheers guys... i think you might have a new fifa addict if this one is good

can someone tell me a few things
There you go.

Fergies Formula

There you go.
cheers mate,

so do you think it will be a lot better than the new pro evo?? I mean if it develops in the ways you have suggested it most certainly will, i just dont have a clue what pro evo is going to do this year to up their game, surely the arent just going to release another dud, they lost enough fans as it is so they must have a good game coming out otherwise it is pointless no...??

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I definitely think it will be better than Pro Evo, the thing that makes me sure is the strides that EA seem to be making, They really work on taking huge leaps in terms of gameplay and features each year, and they really do listen to the fans, they have loads of staff who read and reply to questions on the Official Forums, so the stuff that's included is what the players really want.

Pro Evo has already slipped quite far behind FIFA and if FIFA carries on improving by the margins it has I don't see it being caught soon.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
cheers mate,

so do you think it will be a lot better than the new pro evo?? I mean if it develops in the ways you have suggested it most certainly will, i just dont have a clue what pro evo is going to do this year to up their game, surely the arent just going to release another dud, they lost enough fans as it is so they must have a good game coming out otherwise it is pointless no...??
I'm a recovering PES fiend myself mate, and I reckon I'll be getting FIFA this year.

It's strange because only a couple of years ago everyone was happy with Pro Evo, and most people said it would only need a few tweaks to make it the perfect game. Then they completely fecked it up out of nowhere, having made steady progress year-by-year up until then.

Now we're in a position where FIFA is the game which only needs a few tweaks in order to be the perfect game (well as perfect as a football sim can be, given the tech). Whereas Pro Evo really needs to pull it out of the bag, similar to what FIFA needed to do before '09 came out.

Seems we've come full circle. You gotta admire FIFA though for the steps they've taken to make their product better. That's called not resting on your laurels, which is what Pro Evo seemed to do. Except, as they say at Harvard business school, if you stand still, you go backwards. And that's what happened.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I think most of us in here felt the same as you at one point FF...I was staunchly anti-FIFA until the next gens came out (though in fairness I could tell FIFA were catching up slowly for a couple of years prior)

Seabass just didn't get his game together for the next gens...We thought the last few pro's on the last gens had slowed up cos they were putting their efforts into the new ones...but they weren't, they just got a bit too complacent

Fergies Formula

Yeh, it seems to have improved so much, i was so surprised when i played it, it would have to be pretty special for me to even considering being such a lover of pro evo. All the signs are good i just hope that fifa does improve the small things which did slightly ruin the experience, mainly the dribbling and shooting with a light ball. I loved the detail they have given to teams in lower leagues and the manager mode. The game was such an eye opener, i can only hope that they meet my expectation because if they do, i will convert for sure!

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Pro Evo 2010 is a massive improvement on last year's in terms of graphics and gameplay. It still has a long way to go in terms of animation though as Fifa have lots of money available for that and are miles ahead in that respect.

I wouldn't be surprised if the gap in quality is reduced this year though because I don't see that much difference from Fifa 09 to Fifa 10. But yes Fifa looks marginally better from what I've seen.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They've worked really hard on Manager Mode as well, really in depth and made it much more realistic.

Fergies Formula

I'm a recovering PES fiend myself mate, and I reckon I'll be getting FIFA this year.

It's strange because only a couple of years ago everyone was happy with Pro Evo, and most people said it would only need a few tweaks to make it the perfect game. Then they completely fecked it up out of nowhere, having made steady progress year-by-year up until then.

Now we're in a position where FIFA is the game which only needs a few tweaks in order to be the perfect game (well as perfect as a football sim can be, given the tech). Whereas Pro Evo really needs to pull it out of the bag, similar to what FIFA needed to do before '09 came out.

Seems we've come full circle. You gotta admire FIFA though for the steps they've taken to make their product better. That's called not resting on your laurels, which is what Pro Evo seemed to do. Except, as they say at Harvard business school, if you stand still, you go backwards. And that's what happened.
true that, Its interesting time ahead no doubt, and i am very hopeful about fifa correcting their flaws with 09 and making it the best game ever... the shooting and dribbling need to improve!! I was the king at dribbling in PES series, i just dont seem to have the same level of control in fifa for some reason?!:confused: anyone else experience this problem??

Fergies Formula

I think most of us in here felt the same as you at one point FF...I was staunchly anti-FIFA until the next gens came out (though in fairness I could tell FIFA were catching up slowly for a couple of years prior)

Seabass just didn't get his game together for the next gens...We thought the last few pro's on the last gens had slowed up cos they were putting their efforts into the new ones...but they weren't, they just got a bit too complacent
yep, i still have a few mates who are staying loyal only through refusal to play it, soon enough everyone will jump ship, fifa is so much better really

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Is there any news on whether Be A Pro will be longer and include the CL (or their made up equivalent)?

..I'm looking at you Sol

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
true that, Its interesting time ahead no doubt, and i am very hopeful about fifa correcting their flaws with 09 and making it the best game ever... the shooting and dribbling need to improve!! I was the king at dribbling in PES series, i just dont seem to have the same level of control in fifa for some reason?!:confused: anyone else experience this problem??
Dribbling on Pro Evo was alot better. They need to take away that top button analogue stick combo stuff on FIFA - makes pulling off tricks like one of those god-awful dance-mat games. Pro Evo was good because you could use side-step easily, kick feints worked well, and step-overs were easy to pull off. None of these are as a good on FIFA. They should assign some of those less extravagant dribbling moves away from the analogue stick.

Jacob

They should make som restrains for Be a pro 11 vs. 11 online so that 22 players can't be in the box at the same time. it's ruining the match when defenders are making attacking runs like strikers

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Definitely getting both this year, I hope PES is the better game, although I can see myself playing Fifa more due to the Manager Mode revamp.

When my mates come around, no doubt Pro Evo will be 1st choice. It's a better game to play 1 on 1 regardless if the gameplay isn't a good as Fifa. It's just more fun in my opinion, the feeling you get when scoring a 35 yard screamer against your mate brings back memories from the earlier versions :drool:

Count Duckula

If anything, dribbling is too easy on Pro Evo. My friends have played the games so much that they can use Vidic, for example, to dribble round the opposition's entire team. I suppose you have to draw the line between realism and gameplay - a game would suggest you could get better and better until you can essentially "beat" it using whatever tools available (ie, Vidic) but realism would determine that, no matter how good you are, Vidic isn't going to be embarking on any Messi-like runs.

I much prefer the realism end of the spectrum, but maybe that's why I enjoy football manager games far more than football simulation games.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
I have booked tomorrow off work and intend to play the demo until my hands are bleeding. Sadly i have the dentist and my gaming shall be interupted by a short session of a man jabbing my face with a piece of pointed metal.

MalibuKen

The big suprise!!

So, the big announcements have been made.

Firstly, and most importantly, Live Season 2.0 has been revealed. Basically, it’s an offline version of Interactive Leagues, where you play your team’s real fixtures in a league populated by the real-life results week by week. For more details, click here.

Secondly, there are some new FIWC details (that’s the FIFA Interactive World Cup that you can enter exclusively on the PS3 version of the game), as well as a few more insights into extra tweaks. Check out Mike Takla’s comments from the EA forums below:

We’ve not changed FIWC dramatically this year but we’ve done a few things. A couple of those are we’ve removed the lobbies (so it’s quick match only) and maybe the bigger news is we’ve levelled all the teams – so whoever you play with it’s all even. [...] With no lobbies there are no arranged matches (boosting) and we have diminishing returns so if people do somehow arrange fixtures they won’t get points against the same player.

Ronaldo does a stutter PK, you can choose your favourite arena as your default, there’s loads of tutorial videos, we have a new arena messaging feature that’ll give you the latest news (including top players on the leaderboards) and team managment scrolling is faster!

MalibuKen

taken from fifasoccerblog

The last couple of weeks were really tough - the updates for Live Season 2.0 have a lot to do with the leagues starting and I have been playing My Live Season (will explain this in a moment) for three weeks now. Since the European football season has started everywhere now, we are finally announcing the improvements and additions we’ve made to Live Season for FIFA 10.
To give you a general overview, Live Season 2.0 = Live Season improvements + My Live Season.

Let’s start with the Live Season improvements…

For Live Season we will provide fresh player form that affects player attributes and overall rating based on their real-world performance. After you have purchased Live Season 2.0 for any of the six leagues we offer this year, you will have the choice to use the updated player values in offline Kick-off and Online ranked matches. So far so good - this is what we provided last year as well :).

From the first moment you go into FIFA 10 you will see that Live Season 2.0 plays a bigger role - we even have our own Main Menu item now :). The first time you enter the menu you will see a tutorial video explaining how to get Live Season 2.0 from the FIFA Store and how to play the brand-new game mode, “My Live Season”.

Once you’ve watched the tutorial you can purchase leagues, enter My Live Season, download the latest update and much more from here. It is your one-stop shop to enter the world of Live Season 2.0.

Before we get to My Live Season, the biggest addition to Live Season 2.0, let’s stick with this menu for a moment.

We have the “Download latest update” option, which is pretty self explanatory. Every Wednesday is “Live Season Day” and new data will become available for you to download. Note that the ticker at the bottom of the screen will always show you when new data is available.

League summary is a screen that has returned from last year; it will give you a quick overview about your club and all other clubs from the leagues you’ve purchased. This is also where you can see the “Team of the week”, by pressing X on the 360 or Square on the PS3.

Team summary is a new screen that allows you to review the form of all players in the leagues you own. We found that last year it was quite cumbersome to check out your opponents’ form. This screen will shed some light on the clubs you match up against.

Another neat feature is that you can now view each player’s bio and check out the effect form has on all player attributes.

Ok, enough beating around the bush. Let’s get to the feature I’ve really wanted to tell you about for weeks now - My Live Season.

This is a brand-new game mode that you will automatically unlock as you purchase any Live Season league. This mode allows you to take control of your favourite club and rewrite its season. On every match-day we collect tons of data (approx. 13,000 pieces of data every week) and upload that to a server. When you pick the club you want to control for the duration of the 09/10 football season, all the real-world results of the season to date will be downloaded. The only exception are your own club’s results, as you’ll play them to determine their fate. That’s where the beauty of this mode lies: you can actually compare how you are doing with your club, against how they are doing in real life as all the other results are based on real-world match outcomes.

Let’s have a look how that works on any given match-day.

First you will choose your club…

…then you will download the latest available match-day, as I’ve started a new My Live Season this will be match-day 1.

As you can see the results are all the ones that occurred on the first match-day in the Bundesliga. As I’ve picked Stuttgart my result is “To Be Determined”. Once I arrive in the My Live Season Hub, the first thing I will see is that Stuttgart lost its first match 2-0 vs. Wolfsburg (last year’s Bundesliga champions).

will post the rest in a sec

MalibuKen

Clicking on “Next Match” will allow me to replay the match against Wolfsburg, now I can actually win the game for my team and rewrite its season.

As you can see, I can also play friendly matches. This option allows me to play any match-up that happened that match-day with the real-world data - but the result will not overwrite the real-world result. Even if you play your club’s fixture, it will only be for practice, the result will not be tracked in the standings.

So here’s what happened when I tried to rewrite Stuttgart’s season - in the 19th minute I go ahead 1-0, Cacau scores on a break-away. In the 25th, Progrebnyak hits the post, so I am going into the half time break with a one goal lead. Looks like Wolfsburg’s 16-match win streak at home is going to fall in My Live Season :). Wolfsburg come out strong in the second half, but Grafite and Dzeko can’t put the ball in the back of the net. In the last 10 minutes Wolfsburg risk everything, which allows me to get one or two chances on the counter. On one of them Cacau hits the post with a delicate chip shot, but in the end I don’t need a second one. The match ends 1-0 for Stuttgart and Tasci deservedly wins “Man of the Match” as he was rock solid in defence!

At the end of the game I get a screen that shows me a comparison between Stuttgart’s real-world position and the My Live Season Position…

From here I can also see, that I’ve just played one match in My Live Season, but there are three more matches available to play before I catch up with the real world. The amount of remaining matches also shows on the My Live Season Hub.

You can play all the remaining matches whenever you like - when you run out of matches you have caught up with reality and have to wait until the next match-day is played in the real world. In the meantime you can still play as many friendlies as you want or start another My Live Season with a different club. Darn, now I am hooked again and need to play the next couple of games to get my club to the top of the table.

this feature looks fecking awsome!!!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It'd be a waste of money this Live Season2.0 because at the end of the day it brings nothing new in terms of gameplay.
I can only see kids forking out money for that feature

MalibuKen

surely they will do what they did last year and give you one free league?

Ekeke

My guess is probably, 1 free league of updates, but you need to buy a league subscription outright to get the My Live Season part of the deal. It wont cost much for 1 league anyway.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Good stuff Skillz, could be interesting whether or not there's any point to it is another matter though. But i wouldn't mind playing against Burnley and showing 'em what for this time.

Domzi

I hope they fix the cnuting shooting in front of goal. I expect an international striker not to fecking cnut the ball five thousand miles above the bar when im a yard in front of goal in the 90th minute of a ranked game you stupid cnut of a fecking excuse for a game.

Ekeke

Helps if you dont jump your full body weight onto the shoot button. If you want a relaxed and controlled finish you have to act relaxed and controlled. Clearly you're doing the opposite if you're blasting the ball over the bar from a yard in front of goal.

Domzi

Being ranked 2900 in the world I know how to play the fecking game. The game is fecking appalling when it comes to detecting how hard you want to hit a ball. Be it with a through ball or a shot close to goal.