Gaming Fifa 10

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
i just cant do that lob on 1:45!

ive watched loads of tutories i just cant pull it off

Sw33t

Scored a pretty funny free kick against my mate the other day, he uploaded it and finally sent me the video.

I was Anderlecht and he was Portugal.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I just had my proudest moment against the AI in Fifa 10. Was fooling around with my team, OB from Denmark, in a pre-season friendly against Man City. The score was 1-1 and I had a free kick on the 90th minute at the half way line by the left flank. I passed it short and straight back and then slammed it with the lob button straight into the upper left corner with no other than Eric Djemba-Djemba.

A 90th min wonder goal against our biggest(or 2nd) rivals with an old fan favorite (joke):devil:

Jacob

My FIFA10 Project

I just created the Champions League on FIFA10 with all the correct groups and rulings, updated transfers such at Zlatan to Milan and Mascherano to Barca. Put all settings to manual, ALL of them. I shall soon start my biggest challenge on FIFA10, Legendary level of course and game speed set to slow. This will be interesting

Jacob

Rangers away

1-0 FT
Shots: 13(5)-2(1)
Possession: 47-53

was bloody hard to play all manual on legendary, i'm gonna try switching passing to semi to ease the flow.

Next up: Valencia away :nervous: it's raining, wtf

Jacob

Valencia away

0-0 FT
Shots: 8(2)-3(1)
Possession: 50-50
MotM: Edwin Van der Sar

Still very very hard, next game is at home, hopefully i'll get a result for once

Next up: Bursaspor away, hmm.. fifa is a bit stupid, 3 away games on trot in CL :confused:

Jacob

Bursaspor away

2-2 FT
Shots: 13(8)-6(3)
Possession: 48-52

They equalized in injury time and Evra got a red in the dying seconds, VDS howler cost me dearly. At least I'm scoring now, converted to a 4-4-2 and introduced Berba who scored along with Rooney.

Next up: Rangers home

Jacob

Rangers home

2-0 FT
Shots: 7(4)-9(3)
Possession: 57-43
MotM: Wayne Rooney

Rafael was immense, one assist and thousands of blocked crosses, looking better now

Next up: Valencia home

Jacob

Valencia home

2-2 FT
Shots: 8(5)-5(3)
Possession: 55-45
MotM: Paul Scholes

Yet another win thrown away in injury time, this is getting too realistic.

Table as it stands:

1. Rangers 6....3-1-2...5-4.....1....10p
2. Valencia 6....2-3-1...4-3....1....9p
3. Man Utd 5....1-3-1...6-5....1....6p
4. Bursaspor 5...1-1-3...4-7...-3....4p

Next up: Bursaspor at home, a win will see me through on GD, come on United!!

Jacob

Bursaspor home

3-0 FT
Shots: 8(4)-2(1)
Possession: 60-40

The turks were easily brushed aside as knock-out stages awaits, I got drawn to play Ajax.

Other 1/16 finals are:
Manchester United - Ajax
Bayern - Inter
Chelsea - Lyon
Milan - Rangers

Next up: Ajax at home, who won all of their 6 games in group of death, Real got knocked out.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Have you still got semi-assisted passing on Jacob or have you switched it back to manual?

Jacob

Ajax home (1st leg)

2-2 FT
Shots: 8(6)-15(6)
Possession: 48-52

Must say I was lucky to escape with a draw, feel like I'm going out second leg. Ajax are very good, passed me to bits.

Next up: Ajax away (2nd leg), We're going home to Manchester after this one :(

Have you still got semi-assisted passing on Jacob or have you switched it back to manual?
All is set to manual and auto-switch to 0%

Jacob

Ajax away (2nd leg)

1-1 FT
Shots: 15(8)-6(4)
Possession: 43-57

That's it, we're out... Suarez scored a rocket in the 93' minute. These late equalizers, feck off!! Barca beat Inter in the final, 1-0.

Top scorers:
Milito - 9
Anelka - 7
Eto'o - 7
Messi - 6
Rooney - 6

Sw33t

Good effort Jacob. Full manual on Legendary ain't easy by any means (for me anyway).

Hopefully things don't work out like that this year though!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Yeh good effort lad.

So when are you starting again? :)

Sw33t

You know what, I accept! More than likely going to get bummed though. Will update after each round - group, last 16, etc etc.

Jacob

Yeh good effort lad.

So when are you starting again? :)
Cheers! Start what again? I will never attempt that again, was lucky to even get out of the group stage, manual passing is incredibly hard, the majority of the goals I scored came from individual performances. Could miss open goals forgetting it was manual shooting, the direction has to be spot on every moment, takes too much concentration to be on top.

Jacob

You know what, I accept! More than likely going to get bummed though. Will update after each round - group, last 16, etc etc.
Looking forward to it, try to use the strenght and power of Rooney. Even though you feel you're worse than your opponent, Rooney can turn and leave defenders in the dust single-handedly,

Sw33t

Quick question, what did you do for teams such as CFR Cluj and Hapoel Tel Aviv?

Can't find them on the game when trying to make the tournament.

Jacob

Quick question, what did you do for teams such as CFR Cluj and Hapoel Tel Aviv?

Can't find them on the game when trying to make the tournament.
picked other shit teams like PAOK and AEK Athens, Wisla Krakow etc.

Sw33t

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Okay, group stages completed.

Valencia at home

United 0 - 1 Valencia
MOTM: Mata
Possession: 40% - 60%
Nice little intro to Legendary manual.

Bursapor away

Busapor 3 - 1 United
MOTM: Bahadir
Poss: 50% - 50%
Rooney got injured in this game, out for all the rest of them. Total bummer. Match was total balls as well.

Rangers at home

United 1 - 0 Rangers
MOTM: Anderson
Poss: 52% - 48%
That's now like it. Owen with a screamer which I have no idea how I scored.

Valencia away

Valencia 1 - 2 United
MOTM: Vidic
Poss: 51% - 49%
Late Carrick winner. Starting to get the hang of it now. Tough game that, Vidic must have blocked about 20 shots.

Busapor at home

United 0 - 0 Busapor
Poss: 48% - 52%
Unbeatable they are.

Rangers away

Rangers 0 - 1 United
MOTM: Berbatov
Poss: 46% - 54%
Was all over them but my shots kept buggering up. I blame Hernandez.

Final table went like this:

Busapor..........16pt
Man United......10pt
Valencia...........9pt
Rangers............0pt

Will do last 16 tomorrow.

Sw33t

Last 16 1st leg vs Benfica

Benfica 0 - 0 United
MOTM: Ferdinand
Poss: 61% - 49%
I just decided to go all out defensive for this one, they bossed me like hell but a 5-4-1 worked a beauty.

Last 16 2nd leg vs Benfica

United 0 - 3 Benfica
MOTM: Cardozo
Poss: 45% - 55%
Went all out attack and got bummed on the counter.

Ah well, that's me out. Wonder if anyone can get further than us. :lol:

Chelsea went on to beat Real in the final 3-2. Sucks.

Jacob

Too bad, it's too hard with manual passing, let alone shooting.

Tried it, failed it, moving on to other challenges in FIFA11 :D

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'll give it a go. Even though I haven't played FIFA 10 in about 5 months.

Sw33t

Ones I did.

Mash and Villa to Barca
Ibrah and Robinho to Milan
Ozil, Angel di Maria and Khedira to Real
VdV to Spurs
Silva, Yaya and Balotelli to city

Thought they were the main ones really.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Valencia (A)

Valencia 0 - 1 United
Goals: Berbatov 35
MOTM: Edwin Van Der Sar
Possession: 58% - 42%
That was a tough start. It took me a few minutes to actually realize that auto switching was now completely manual :lol: Corners were coming in and I was baffled at why I wasn't the player anywhere near the ball. It is very different to WC game so it took some getting used to but I had to get a grip quickly, luckily Valencia were very wasteful. Some shots narrowly wide and others saved by VDS. I strung some decent passes together and got Berbatov free-ish along the back line, I out muscled the defender for the next 10 or 20 yards and when i got close enough I aimed for the opposite corner and smacked an absolute belter in off the bar, my first shot with manual shooting :D. Clung on in the second half barely managing to string together a decent attack. Marchena missed a diving header sitter in the 88th minute but I held on for the win.

Sw33t

Nice. The auto-switching confused me at first too. Opposition goal kicks were going to my CBs and I had no idea why they weren't in the right position and why I wasn't controlling them at first.

I do find you're able to score some beautiful goals with manual though, ones that wouldn't have a chance of going in on assisted or semi-ass.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bursaspor (A)

Bursaspor 1 - 0 United
Goals: Bahadir 76
Possession: 53% - 47%
Berbatov hit the post when through on goal, I could have passed down to Rooney for a tap-in in hindsight, but I panicked. Vidic was fecking heroic, must have blocked about 8 shots, 4 of which were stunning last minute ones. They got their goal in the end though. I had some chances towards the end but my shooting was a bit off. I also didn't realize how frustrating it can be when you do some nice build up and then ruin it by doing a pass that goes in a completely random direction to the one you intended.

Jacob

Bursaspor (A)

Bursaspor 1 - 0 United
Goals: Bahadir 76
Possession: 53% - 47%
Berbatov hit the post when through on goal, I could have passed down to Rooney for a tap-in in hindsight, but I panicked. Vidic was fecking heroic, must have blocked about 8 shots, 4 of which were stunning last minute ones. They got their goal in the end though. I had some chances towards the end but my shooting was a bit off. I also didn't realize how frustrating it can be when you do some nice build up and then ruin it by doing a pass that goes in a completely random direction to the one you intended.
:lol: The beauty of manual steering

I had a sequence with 15-20 passes stringed together, crosses and short ones, I manage to get Rooney clear through on goal, pass it sideways to Berbatov who misses and open goal, bloody manual shooting!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Rangers (A)

Rangers 0 - 1 United
Goals: Rooney 34
MOTM: Edwin Van Der Sar
Possession: 51% - 49%
3 away matches as my first 3! Was getting a bit pinned back by them for the first half hour, but eventually got myself sorted and played a great ball out of defence from Giggs to Berba, I ran up the pitch with it and faked to pass to Valencia, instead passing it inside to Rooney who skinned the defender and I just thumped it straight at the goalie, luckily it was so powerful it just hit the goalie and went in. They all count. Rangers weren't too hard to contain, most of their chances were off target, they did hit the post with the last kick of the game though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Valencia (H)

United 1 - 0 Valencia
Goals: Berbatov 11
MOTM: Nemanja Vidic
Possession: 47% - 53%
After playing Nani on the right for the first 3 games I stuck him on the left this time and it paid off, I waited til the left back committed and flicked it past him, ran into the box and cut it back to the waiting Berbatov, didn't panic and buried it in the corner. Not much happened in the second half, I missed a sitter with Rooney.

Sw33t

Grinding out the 1-0's. I like your style.

Take it you're top of the group? Best way I reckon, might get an easier team than I did. Benfica were tough. :(

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bursaspor (H)

United 0 - 2 Bursaspor
Goals: Bahadir 22, Yildirim 57
Possession: 46% - 54%
Bloody Bursaspor, what the fecks all that about then?