Gaming FM2017 Football Legends - Classic Player Draft - S2 Holiday Updates

Should I allow Managers/Clubs to make transfer every summer or should I lock in the teams drafted fo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Welcome. This Draft’s results will be simulated using this database of roughly 3000 classic players:

http://www.fmscout.com/a-return-of-the-legends-fm17.html

Here is the information about the database itself

After last year's great success of this database, I decided to publish an expanded version that will include even more legendary clubs and players. If you ever wanted to see Paul Gasoigne, Hristo Stoichkov, Franz Beckenbauer, Zico, Marco van Basten, Duncan Edwards, Hugo Sanchez, Gabriel Batistuta all of them in one place and facing each other? Well, now you can. In Football Manager 2017 and with an update “Return Of The Legends for FM17”, you will have an opportunity to play and manage all of these stars and 3000 others spread all over the world in their respective teams.

All of the major and many minor leagues are filled with clubs which possess their all-time greats and are under the guidance of some the managers who ever graced the game.

Bob Paisley is in charge of Liverpool who has players such as Kevin Keegan, Alan Hansen, Kenny Dalglish & John Barnes amongst others.

Sir Alex Ferguson is leading Manchester United with George Best, Bobby Charlton, Ryan Giggs & Eric Cantona and is up to you stop him for dominating the Premier League again. In addition, there are great generations of Leeds, London giants and "crazy gang" from Wimbledon.

Or maybe you think you can do better than Helenio Herrera at Inter with the likes of Giacinto Facchetti, Ronaldo & Sandro Mazzola in your squad and win the battle for Scudetto against Arrigo Sacchi’s AC Milan and their formidable defense, against Juventus and their three-time Ballon d’Or winner Michel Platini and can you hold out against Fiorentina’s deadly duo – Baggio & Batistuta? Also, from the shadows seek a chance Grande Torino, Eriksson’s Lazio, Napoli with Maradona and Legendary Parmateam. In new edition I include legendary Foggia team, led by Zdenek Zeman, and much more legends from lower italian clubs such as Triestina, Padova, Vicenza, Bari.

Winning anything in this update is a success, as many clubs and national teams have some of the best talent that ever appeared in history of football. German, Spanish and French clubs are great competitors. And not just the major ones. There are teams from Holland, Belgium, Scotland, Russia, Ukraine, Austria, former Yugoslavia, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or from Portugal who have good chances of winning the Champions League as much as the teams who are coming from the stronger leagues.

This year I added a lot of Asian and African legends, especially from Korea, Japan, Middle East, and some great legends of Fortuna Dusseldorf, Magdeburg, RW Essen, Achen, Mulhouse, Racing Club Paris, Las Palmas.

The players who are coming from the oldest eras of football are older than the ones who are appeared later and therefore are closer to their peak and reaching their full potential.

And don’t worry the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo & Neymar still exist, but are a younger versions of themselves and are relocated to their parent clubs. Because of that your task as a manager is even more challenging as it’s up to you to develop them into world-class players they are today and if you succeed to make them a part of your squad.

This is a thrilling update which can bring any Football Manager fan into an ecstatic state of nostalgia with no doubt that they will enjoy the game even more and find it refreshing and challenging like never before. Also were done and facepack for almost all players, which will further give the game interesting.

The man behind the whole project is David Salapura from Serbia. With a little help of some of his friends from Serbian FM Community after few months of work they created this update for every Football Manager fan to enjoy.

I owe special thanks to Victor Kalma Srica, who helped me this year.

Only blocked player is my favorite Socrates as he will be my Master of Ceremonies for updates.

Some important things to remember about the Database are constructed :

1. I’ll make a new league for 20 teams and then we draft like a normal draft, but will be a little longer actually which ‘ll have to think about. I’ll assign all the classic players drafted into the created league at the end of the draft and begin simulations.

2. You will draft a full 25 players in Snake Draft. With 3000 classic players plus the modern players aged down to 16-17 there will be plenty of good players to fill all 25 roster slots but it’s towards the end people might select a player not in the database. It will likely be very rare but it is possible. In that case I will inform you the player is not available. I don’t anticipate this even being a possibility until around the 20th round though.

3. You will also draft a manager and I'll change the manager tactics to whatever formation you want in game. Classic managers are in the game as well as players as separate entities. So you could theoretically have Cruyff the Manager managing Cruyff the player. I am leaning towards drafting the Manager the first round but I am open. I will adjust the Manager you selected to have the Primary formation of your choice as @Macern did but remember the AI will almost certainly be playing some players you wouldn’t. Part of the fun though.

4. Players are aged loosely based on their birth so for instance Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are 18 year olds at the start.
  5. I know the original database was based on the stats from the years long PESSTATS project here:https://pesstatsdatabase.com/ and http://www.pesmitidelcalcio.com/viewforum.php?f=5
  • Maradona and Ruud Gullit are 19 years old.
  • Pele, Beckenbauer and Facchetti are 21 years old.
  • Cruiff though is 22 .
  • Josef Bican is 24 years old and Nasazzi is 26 years old. (I know it’s not perfect mathematically but this should give general idea)
NOTE:

If people think the top of the draft is too much an advantage I am open to suggestions such as going from 20->1 for the 2nd and 3rd round. But, from what I simulated just to test the database I don’t think having Pele, Maradona, Messi or Beckenbauer is game changing in an FM2017 simulation at all as it would be in a voting draft.

Players slots reserved so far:

1. harms

2. eap / altodevil

3. pnut

4. sjor

5. tuppet

6. gio

7. 2mufc/camy89 observer

8. skizzo ( trying to recruit Joga as his AM)

9. open

10. ecstatic/invictus

11. Moby

12. Macern

13. Spontaneous

14. Igor

15. mazhar/JB

16. adjudicator

17. BeforeKeaneThereWasRobson

18. simonhch

19. Red Tiger

20. NM

@Damien can we add a poll

"Do players want to draft a manager first before any players?"

Yes
No

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Would like to be an assistant manager with someone if possible.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Thanks for the tag but I'm really busy still and can't play. Will keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

@Edgar Allan Pillow I wonder how FM will take to your tactics and formations.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Interesting concept. I actually played this game for a season for a bit of curiosity, so it'll be strange to see who people pick

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
@altodevil86 I'm sure one of the experienced draft managers will need an assistant since OB dropped out.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Actually forget it, im out. I just read the rules :p
Im very young and i honestly wont know many of these players.
@oneniltothearsenal
No problem, feel free to follow along as a lot of these managers are very knowledgable and you might find a new favorite player :)

Thanks for the tag but I'm really busy still and can't play. Will keep an eye on it and see how it goes.
No problem Physio, I hope you follow along and I know you are very busy so best wishes with that !

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Since it's my first time, I'd be keen to be an assistant. Need help popping my draft cherry.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Is it possible to see the full list of players without downloading the game? Are managers also legends or only current ones?

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Is it possible to see the full list of players without downloading the game? Are managers also legends or only current ones?
Unfortunately I haven't found a way to export this into an excel file yet

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
ok, but surely all the ones that we are planning to pick are in there....btw what about the managers?
Basically every player and manager I have seen mentioned so far in the drafts this past year is in the database.

Its more players like David Rocastle or Peter Storey that aren't in it.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
ok, but surely all the ones that we are planning to pick are in there....btw what about the managers?

Based on the fact the database was originally built around classic teams and nations I'd say a good guideline is:

if a player is roughly one of the 25-40 top players in his main clubs or nation's history he will be in the game.

The Brazilian league for instance is stacked. If there was a combined world CL then Santos, Botofogo, Flamengo would all be up there with Bayern, Barca, United, Crvena zvezda, Milan, etc