Gaming FM2017 Football Legends - Classic Player Draft - S2 Holiday Updates

Should I allow Managers/Clubs to make transfer every summer or should I lock in the teams drafted fo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Macern

Pee pee pants
Not too happy with 12th, but with my main man in defense Maldini out with injury it's not really surprising.

@oneniltothearsenal would you mind posting my games agaist P-Nut? Cheers and great job so far! Really enjoying this :)

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Not too happy with 12th, but with my main man in defense Maldini out with injury it's not really surprising.

@oneniltothearsenal would you mind posting my games agaist P-Nut? Cheers and great job so far! Really enjoying this :)
You haven't played PNut yet but after the mini-update I posted in an hour, your first match against him will be in the next update

January Update

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
January Mini Update

@Igor Drefljak vs @harms

Igor has quietly maintained pace with the European slots despite having some gamesa in hand. Looks like this has taken the pressure off to some extent but he risks falling behind the pace now. Harms has matched his preseason prediction and is looking to challenge for top honours. This game has two very ambitious sides meeting for a showdown during the holiday season.The winner is a strong position for the new year. The loser will have to put some extra time on the training ground.
This match creates some great matchups.Munoz brings Moreno back into CM with Ocwirk with Meazza as his AMC. Lattek has the tireless Segato at holding mid with Netto and Di Stefano in front.
Results

@Skizzo @Joga Bonito vs. @Tuppet

The Skizzonito owners get their wish. Nils Liedholm starts this match along with Big Dunc in midfield. Uli Hoeneß also comes into the side on the left. While Schwarzenbeck and Beckenbauer reform their key roles Paul Madeley positions himself as right back for this match, utility god he is. Tuppet has Nat Lofthouse and Bican in front of Schiaffino in a 3412. Pirri and Hanappi secure midfield. Herrera is opting for tactical switch here. Unfortunately this means Savicevic and Jinky don’t have a starting role. Tuppet’s regular right back Paul Janes also sits down as Jorginho steps in at WB.
Results

@spontaneous1 vs @2mufc0

It’s been awhile since checking in with 2MU so let’s preview a match with Spontaneous. Spontaneous has recorded 3 wins now and is attempting to pull himself out of the Crouch Zone altogether. Hitzfeld put together two 3-1 wins for Spontaneous with PoM performances from Eric Cantona and Jim Baxter surprisingly. Could Spontaneous actually be making a push? The team goals would indicate an overall improved form. 2Mu has been o0n an opposite path. 4 draws in a row before losing to the surging Red’nigmas sees this side in turmoil at the moment. Lippi has some work to do here
Preview

Results

@mazhar13 vs @Gio

Denis Law is Maz’ best player but Platini and Gerd have disappointed fans from Leipzig to Toronto. Voronin has been an essentially member of Maz’ side. Horst Blankenburg has been moved into the defense though and perhaps Maz can take inspiration from Spontaneous’ great run of recent form. Trapattoni’s side likewise has failed to find its footing in this rough league. After several substitute appearances, Trap gave Mario Kempes a first start perhaps growing tired of the Secret Yugoslavian Hype of Vukas that produced some good numbers but not the difference on the pitch. However Vukas returns for this game sadly. Meanwhile poor Vice-Captain Jimmy McGrory can’t get a nod as Trap seems to have followed the Arsene Wenger method of selecting a captain and vc who never play.

Preview

Results
Sooo close but a late 90+ equalizer for Gio leads to disappointment for the young Maz side

And Mazhar finally gets his first win

Results

Early January Team Updates

Well the holiday season brings out the best and worst of clubs. Some big changes afoot.

First let’s talk about Tuppet. He has fought his way to the top of the table with some fabulous play. Bican is his top offensive player now at 6 goals and 3 assists but its really the tough iron-clad defense that stops even the best offenses in the game.

Team of the Month: spontaneous1 !!!

Yes Spontaneous has gone on a crazed run of form. 4 wins in a row. This shows how close the gaps are in this league. Any side can beat any other. Few tweaks and Maradona in good form and now Spontaneous is 10th. Of course fortunes could reverse so don’t get too excited.

Player of the Update: Gyula Zsengellér

4 goals during Spontaneous’ 4 match win streak. His runs and targeting has been crucial to Spontaneous making this comeback. He also has an assist to underscore how important his increase in form has been to Spontaneous’ increased fortune.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson Coming for that most draws trophy :rolleyes:
I see yer.

Looking at table, I stupidly won the last match.... pffft, never going to win the "Draw King" trophy with attitude like that?

(Edit... looks like a one goal victory. Apologies to whoever I beat, it won't happen again).

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
FFS 4-0 thought i had some decent defenders in the team :lol:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Mini-Update

@Invictus @Ecstatic vs. @ADJUDICATOR
The Invictstatic side has fallen on tough times. Four straight losses saw the non-dynamic duo tumble down the table. A 4-0 win over Igor gave them a renewed sense of confidence going into this tough match. Bobby Robson has Paul van Himst back from injury which ses Thierry Henry being dumped to the bench. We will see if this is smart decision or no.

Results

--

@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson vs. @simonhch

Simon is 8th and B4keane is 11th. Mid table sides with aspirations for reaching higher. Capello appears to have switch formation to try something different. He is slowly working Hagi and Stojkovic into the side now with this narrow 41311. Rinus has been bringing Totti in more. With 7 sub appearances and 2 starts Michels seems to be using Totti more and more now behind the striker.

Results

---

@Macern @ @2mufc0
Macern has seen some disappointing results. Maldini out for 4 months was rough. On top of that Sarosi and Dixie Dean have been underwhelming while Eddie Hapgood and Ciro Ferrara have been underused. All together Paisley looks a bit out of his depth. Ronaldinho and Boniek have been keeping Macern alive mostly by themselves.
Lippi’s side is very young on average and suffering growing pains. Only Coluna and Vasovic (both 23) are over 21 in the the key players here. Mostly its 19-20 year old prodigies like Gullit, Van Basten, Nedved, Baresi carrying the team but as they are young relatively they are more inconsistent. Lippi has also been changing formations recently.

Results

-*--

@Igor vs @Gio

Munoz side has been struggling of late. He tries something different here giving Ocwirk a rest and using Cajkoski and Juan Manuel Moreno in CM with Meazza at AMC. Trap’s side is unchanged. 352 with Vukas and Eusebio up front and Matthaus, Rivera and Monti in midfield. Igor’s keeper Zamora has made the most mistakes of keepers leading to goals. But Beara for Gio has conceded 22 goals in 12 matches so neither keeper is having a great season against the greatest of all time.

Results

---

@spontaneus1 @antohan
Two teams in opposite directions. Spontaneous is moving up the table fast while Anto has been struggling. Hitzfeld finally has Bremner back available for selection and he partners the mad dog Sammer. Cruyff selects mostly his usual side. Fritz Walter at AMC with Alberto Spencer at CF and Figo and Simonsen as the wide forwards. But one thing stands out. Ruud Krol makes his first appearance at CB! Hopefully this is start of a new trend.

Some first half fireworks here. Alan Shearer makes a rare start for Spontan and gets his first goal. Anto returns fire by forcing Cabrini into an own goal at a corner kick. Wim Suurbier gets on the scoresheet next thanks to Maradona’s creativity. But Allan Simonsen has another word to say and brings it even 2-2.
Results

---

@Tuppet vs @simonhch
The league leader and betting favorite heads into a tough showdown against the 6th place Simon. Simon’s record is 6W 1D 5L. But the interesting fact is every single one of Simon and Fabio Capello’s losses has been by only 1 goal. Four 3-2 losses and one 1-0 loss. Oddly his draw was also one of the few 0-0 matches the league has seen. Tuppet had two losses in his first three games to Anto and PilloAlto but hasn’t lost since then. Can Simon slow down the new la maquina?

Results

@Macern vs P-nut
The FIFA King Derby!

The origins to this ancient derby lie in a strange universe called FIFA. Sounds like the name of a shady corrupt organization to me but apparently it’s also a game. And these two are champions of this game. Or something. Who knows what the owner’s rivalry stems from but here it is, in all its glory. Bob Paisley starts his usual side for Macern with one key difference: Paolo Maldini is back. Guardiola continues to give Hugo Sanchez opportunities to the frustration of many fans (well me at least) while Baggio settles for a bit part. Guardiola starts his usual fearsome midfield of Keane-Veron-Redondo.
Preview

Boring first half. Both sides seem to be suffering from the lack of an interventionist god controlling each player’s every move.
Results

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Great work @oneniltothearsenal.

Just stop telling us how my games are dead square because by know I know that means I got trollopped.

Carrizo must be dogshit and I probably have the most ridiculous high line.

And everyone must be down surely :(

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@oneniltothearsenal

Thanks for the update.

I hope we will get a new coach. Diego Simeone is on the market?

A 4-4-2 with Nordhal-Puskas together :drool: to destroy all these overrated managers

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Think it really shows how close the league is and how a lot of it comes down to form. Think I got 1 point from my first 6/7 games and now am now in the hunt for European places just a few wins later!

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Think it really shows how close the league is and how a lot of it comes down to form. Think I got 1 point from my first 6/7 games and now am now in the hunt for European places just a few wins later!
I was predicting I'd do a Liverpool but never quite boomed and now busting into insignificance.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
thanks everyone, should have another update coming within 8-10 hours