Gaming FM2017 Football Legends - Classic Player Draft - S2 Holiday Updates

Should I allow Managers/Clubs to make transfer every summer or should I lock in the teams drafted fo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
If possible could you please post the team stats in your next update, curious to see which side has the most possession/passes/shots on target etc. Cheers.
Yes I will.

Apologies to everyone I got slammed with work project, I'll have an update before midday on Friday GMT though

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Second-Third Matchdays - February

Matchday 2 Results

@Tuppet vs. @harms
A battle at the top of the table. Herrera has given the fans what they want. Jinky and Savicevic both start for league leaders. Schiaffino and Bican as AMC and Striker. Lattek counters with an interesting defensive set-up. Tonono moves to cover left back with Segato holding. Is there some weakness in Jinky that Tonono can exploit? Or is this just boring rotation?
No matter, the front remains same old same old for the challenger Harms. Zizinho-Erico-Matthews front three with Di Stefano and Netto as CMs. Tuppet’s captain, Josef Blum starts at right back after a few utility starts.

Match Stats

@NM vs. @simonhch
Bela Guttman’s side has remained the same for the most part throughout the season. Capello’s side on the other hand has already morphed through several iterations in an attempt to capture best form. Guttman is like this league’s Wenger sticking to his 424 philosophy and his favored players for better or worse. A romantic vs. a pragmatist.
Match Stats

@Igor Drefljak vs. @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson
Two sides with disappointing results so far. BeforeKeane is playing the long game though with a super La Masia academy waiting to get some experience. Igor has sold out for the oldies so Munoz needs to get his shite together soon or else I sense some board intervention here. Munoz faces tough times as Matthias Sindelar has gotten a 3 month injury. Moreno takes his place at CF. Munoz has started Moreno at CM, AMC, and CF. While this shows Moreno ultimate skill set, losing Sindelar is a big problem for the Schlupps.
Match Stats

Matchday 3 Results

@Šjor Bepo vs @ADJUDICATOR
Ferguson has a lot of work to do, getting Sjor’s young side prepared for this competition. Ardiles and Onopko get slotted into the starting XI here to bring some experience. Meanwhile Adjudicator and Bobby Robson have solidified their top4 credentials with a solid run of form. Kubala is the key player here with 10g 4a in 16 matches with Paul van Himst getting 5g 6a in 10 matches. Vieira, Simeone and Lampard are the mainstays in midfield.Seeler has been Sjor’s most consistent player with 9g 2a in 16 matches.
Match Stats

@simonhch vs @Invictus @Ecstatic
Simon’s season has been a roller coaster under Capello. Win one, lose one, etc. Capello has tried different formations as well to get the best of his players. Here he switches to a 4231. Leonidas is Simon’s star with 13g 3a. Tom Finney is a powerful influence as well with 9 assists. Invictstatic started strong then went into a spin losing 4 in a row and 6 out of 7 before recovering and winning their last 3 matches. The player friendly Ancelotti seems to have recovered a bit of form for Straw Hat and it remains to be seen if he will be the first manager fired. Puskas remains the goal threat here at 11g 1a with Bruno Conti never putting in a poor performance on the left wing. Elias Figueroa is a stalwart on defense.

One highlight of this match is Ferdinand stealing the ball from Puskas a few times.
Match Stats

Matchday 4 Results

Team of the Update: Adjudicator! The 1000-1 long shots have fought their way to the top of the league. 6 wins and 1 draw in their last 7 matches and only one defeat in the competition so far (a 3-0 devastation from Bela Guttman for NM). Hot on their tail is Igor's side with 5 wins and 1 draw in their last 6 matches.

Last edited:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Thanks mate.

Good to see Romario salvaging that game at the death. Hopefully have turned a corner and leave the slump behind. Good to see we are not too far off the pace, but losing three home games after being ahead is going to come back to haunt us.

Honestly can't understand how Carvalho-Córdoba can be so solid, crazy shit.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Leicester-lite performance here :lol: Bobby's voodoo finally converting draws to wins, but I still reckon tuppet will take it.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Gio #6 possession
Gio #6 shot on target ratio
Gio #19 ranking
Gio underrated

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Gio #6 possession
Gio #6 shot on target ratio
Gio #19 ranking
Gio underrated
Trying to put my finger on these statistics. It would tend to point the blame at the defence yet we have arguably the best possible pre-war central defensive axis in Nasazzi, Da Guia and Monti to call upon. The ship doesn't seem very tight at all.

Still, as the pressure builds, perhaps we can get a good meltdown instead.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Is this a false dawn or an actual revival? 2 games won in a row, one against a side in the CL places and the other against a top half side. Please let it be that we've turned a corner!

antohan

Leicester-lite performance here :lol: Bobby's voodoo finally converting draws to wins, but I still reckon tuppet will take it.
Maybe the having no rivals thing actually keeps the team focused on each game being as important as the other?

antohan

@oneniltothearsenal has van Hanegem played at all?

Good as Andreolo maybe, he was the only player I picked with set pieces in mind. I'm pretty sure I'm not exploiting them well enough.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Thanks for the update @oneniltothearsenal .... nearly every update I look at I see another loss then look at the table and see I have more points than previously. I assume I'm just not seeing the (occasional) victories. Nice to see I've scored the most goals but defence must be sh!te given I still have a negative GD :(.

At the end of the season, can we force change the formation? I was hoping Michels would move to 4-1-3-2 by now (useless tool) as would hopefully get one of my (baby) holding players selected.

Roll on season 6.....

Latest Update MARCH 1

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Mini Update March 1st

It’s tough for me to keep up balancing matches for everyone. I feel like some teams I show more (top of the table) but if anyone feels I am forgetting please remind me.

@Igor Drefljak vs. @RedTiger @Enigma_87
Close matchup among European hopefuls. Juan Manuel Moreno has filled in admirably for Sindelar mixing his brand of panache, technique and an implacable mindset. Ernst Happel’s roller coaster season continues as right when they crack into the Top 4 they face two tough losses to @P-Nut0712 and @Gio.

Juan Manuel Moreno starts off the match showing his quick feet with a short dribble before scoring a lightning kick. This inspires Dragan who puts on dazzling run down the flank dribbling right past Milutinovic and then Cavem before he lays a deadly pass into the box that ends up bouncing off the grande Torino defender Maroso for an own goal.

Match Stats

@spontaneus1 vs. @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson
The underdog that is making a long shot bid for European slots against the underdog who needs to age his players like a fine wine. Hitzfeld sticks with his 3 at the back formation to benefit Diego with his best midfield combo imo with JL Andrade and Bremner starting. Sammer is moved behind Happel and Hansen to play as a mad libero this match.
Michels has his typical midfield of Zidane and Giresse behind Laudrup. Garrincha could offer a little more production for the Michels coached side. 6g 5a is a good end product but not the dominance expected from Garrincha.
Match Stats

--
Matchday
--
@harms vs. @Moby @Raees
I feel these two deserve a spotlight. Lattek is managing some golden oldies while Busby is attempting to forge a potent alloy out of diverse elements. Zico makes his fourth start of the season this time as the attacking CM in Busby’s 433. Lattek starts his usual formation with just the rotation scheme of Segato, Briegel, Tonono and Bonhof between holding mid and left back.

Match Stats

@antohan vs. @Edgar Allan Pillow @altodevil86
Antohan seems to have better luck when I don’t watch his matches so maybe he will not want to spotlight him but here are two teams I feel I haven’t put in matches. This one is also a paradox. Cruijff the player vs Cruyff the manager.
Cruyff is definitely Schrodinger’s Manager. He does better when I don’t watch him.
Lefter starts yet again to haunt Pillow. Clough making bizarre Muhammed Ali references. Bakero starting over van Hanegem.
This match might collapse the universe.

Match Stats

--
Matchday
*This match day contains some match results that deserve some stats. I am in for a long long day Sat but I will post some from this day in next update sometime late Sunday
--

League Table (no stats today sorry all)

Last edited:

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Knew it was too good to be true :lol: Hopefully Robson can mirror the 37 for the first half of the season and thats enough for top 4.

Cheers for the update @oneniltothearsenal

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Rivelino got your goal btw, I accidentally covered that up in quick merging of stats

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Knew it was too good to be true :lol: Hopefully Robson can mirror the 37 for the first half of the season and thats enough for top 4.

Cheers for the update @oneniltothearsenal
You still have a game in hand and in with a shout. In my view 6-9 teams could conceivably win the league and I might even be underrating 10 with double that having a shout at Europe slots. An injury or fine run of form could change the whole dynamic here.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Antohan seems to have better luck when I don’t watch his matches so maybe he will not want to spotlight him but here are two teams I feel I haven’t put in matches. This one is also a paradox. Cruijff the player vs Cruyff the manager.
Cruyff is definitely Schrodinger’s Manager. He does better when I don’t watch him.
Lefter starts yet again to haunt Pillow. Clough making bizarre Muhammed Ali references. Bakero starting over van Hanegem.
This match might collapse the universe.
:lol:

Ademir :drool:

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
@oneniltothearsenal

If you can could you post the league info on youngest team, heaviest team, most valuable etc. Would love to know the WBA's and Spurs's of the draft

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Teaser Team Shots on Target cumulative

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
@oneniltothearsenal

If you can could you post the league info on youngest team, heaviest team, most valuable etc. Would love to know the WBA's and Spurs's of the draft
That might take me doing an excel sheet.

I will work that into an update but perhaps not until the end of the season if I am being realistic

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Thanks (sic) for the update @oneniltothearsenal ....

Sick of seeing that XI/formation..... a wise man once said you can't win anything with kids but YOU MIGHT AS WELL FECKING TRY MICHELS!!!

I feel for you, you have a lovely set of playmaking midfielders (Pirlo, Xavi, Alonso, Busquets) with the likes of Totti, Laudrup, Giresse, Koeman etc who'd fit in well with that approach, but Michels persists with the bizarre Zidane-Giresse duo for some reason. Perhaps a more industrious or physical B2B midfielder might have been ideal to have as a back-up? What was your intended XI btw?

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
That might take me doing an excel sheet.

I will work that into an update but perhaps not until the end of the season if I am being realistic
There should be a page somewhere in the league profile with that sort of info, in case you're thinking you need to research it. If its too hard to find though, end of the season would be great

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
@ADJUDICATOR
I couldn't find most of those easily. But Here is the

Salary per Year Table which I could find

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

I feel for you, you have a lovely set of playmaking midfielders (Pirlo, Xavi, Alonso, Busquets) with the likes of Totti, Laudrup, Giresse, Koeman etc who'd fit in well with that approach, but Michels persists with the bizarre Zidane-Giresse duo for some reason. Perhaps a more industrious or physical B2B midfielder might have been ideal to have as a back-up? What was your intended XI btw?
A tough B2B would have definitely been a good idea but I focussed on "ball at feet" players.... too much.

Tbh, I just picked players I'd like to watch - also picked on an individual basis rather than "what do I want to end up with?" which wasn't smart? Maybe....

Neuer : Cole Bonucci Koemans Irwin : Busquets Alonso : Keizer Laudrup Garrincha : Ruud ... ?

I've never played FM (seems I'm the only person outside of remote Amazonian tribes who hasn't) and have only now realised importance of age and how it would dictate team selection.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Oh there were actually a few minor transfers and loans I just noticed when posting the finances. I will reverse these three if @harms @NM @RedTiger want before I sim any further. My sim date is same as update but wont get further until Sunday so I have time to reverse if wanted

antohan

Great update @oneniltothearsenal

Good to see my reserves doing well and Enzo/Signori on the scoresheet. A good run of games until you decided to poke your nose in. Stop it or I'll hunt you down.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not bad for being one of the lowest wages. Hopefully my youngsters develop in the next few seasons.

RedTiger

Half mast
Oh there were actually a few minor transfers and loans I just noticed when posting the finances. I will reverse these three if @harms @NM @RedTiger want before I sim any further. My sim date is same as update but wont get further until Sunday so I have time to reverse if wanted
No mate, we're happy with Lentini and Lucio getting game time.

antohan

No mate, we're happy with Lentini and Lucio getting game time.
Lentini has been SOLD. Cheaply as well.

That said, I don't see a point in reversing things (or block lists). Maybe he was fed up and happy to move on, maybe he put in a transfer request, maybe FM already has him down as hating the manager... And the manager doesn't seem to want him anyway.

Maybe we should have a blocklist of 2-3 players which are exceptional cases (e.g. Messi) but we shouldn't be forcing a squad down the manager's throat.