Gaming FM2017 Football Legends - Classic Player Draft - S2 Holiday Updates

Should I allow Managers/Clubs to make transfer every summer or should I lock in the teams drafted fo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
This match?

It's N.Hidegkuti in the hole and the other match had him on the flanks. Couldn't find the match that you were referring to with N.L out wide.
My bad. It's Tuppet with N. L... on the left wing. Nat Lofthouse :lol:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I just think the AI is overwhelmed with the GOATs
Could be.

Don't recall that being a problem for the early CM3 versions of the game. Mind creating a superleague once and you could have mistaken it for 1980s Serie A amid the lack of goals and top quality cancelling itself out.
These managers are mental. Herrera plays 4-2-3-1 as well and dominated possession :houllier:

Good thing I got @Tuppet early on with the favourite tag going to their heads :smirk: Bican scored too early :drool:
Indeed. An interesting test would be to throw some failed manager in like Paul Gascoigne or John Barnes to see if it makes much of a difference to the results. No wander I'm getting shafted on the wings by Czibor and Matthews with Gento and Sesta holding the forte.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The thing is his preferences would be consistent with a certain formation. Imagine keeping Capello's preferences and telling him to play 4-2-4. It just won't fly.

Oh, and :rolleyes:
I picked the players for Capello's 4-2-3-1. And then he did something totally different. Leaving out arguably my best player in Tom Finney. But he's getting results for now. So what can I say?

Thanks @oneniltothearsenal

Tuppet

I have no idea why this game is so popular. I find this absurd with AI playing players out of position, rigid tactics and overall chaotic approach.
I wouldn't read too much in it, its a fan made database, it hardly goes in the depth with research etc as the real database does. I am also certain that almost no thought was actually given while recreating AI managers. As other mentioned the sheer numbers of GOATs also is causing this, the Lefter guy for example that you picked for your backup would easily be the best winger in the world in real database and would be counted as a real superstar. AI is probably trying to accommodate them all here.

antohan

@oneniltothearsenal Did I not play on the opening day of the season, it says Antohan had already played 3 match's by the time I played my first?
You must have, it's just that onenil couldn't watch all the games running in parallel so some got their second or third game instead.

The bad news is you don't show up in the top 7 after 3 games played :p

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Classic Walter Smith tactic. Stick your big target man on the left wing and punt long balls and goal kicks towards him to win the header against the usually diminutive right-back.
Such a sunday league tactic that.. terribly effective though.

antohan

Anyone else notice the table doesn't order by games played or GD? Really strange.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
fantastic job @oneniltothearsenal !
only god knows what the feck did Fergie drink before the game....Barthez starting over Edwin, Larsson on the wing, Scholes not even used :nervous:
feck knows about comedy Barthez. Probably a fair take on a teenage Scholes though - Fergie didn't give him 30 league games a season until he was 24.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Thanks all and I don't have time to answer all questions at the moment.

@oneniltothearsenal Did I not play on the opening day of the season, it says Antohan had already played 3 match's by the time I played my first?
Something that I noticed that I was unable to change was the weird way this doing the matches. There really isn't a "match day" in this apparently. And matches are weirdly spread throughout the week.

I tried changing this earlier but the Database Editor seems to break down with some League/Nation rules and I can't get this to work - just like I can't get the transfer embargo to work at all. So the negative is its weird with not having a league matchday at all but the positive is at least I can watch more than 1 match a week.

Not sure how next season will go, but into the unknown for us all!

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Thanks all and I don't have time to answer all questions at the moment.

Something that I noticed that I was unable to change was the weird way this doing the matches. There really isn't a "match day" in this apparently. And matches are weirdly spread throughout the week.

I tried changing this earlier but the Database Editor seems to break down with some League/Nation rules and I can't get this to work - just like I can't get the transfer embargo to work at all. So the negative is its weird with not having a league matchday at all but the positive is at least I can watch more than 1 match a week.

Not sure how next season will go, but into the unknown for us all!
Understand that, nation rules are a pain to work around as making any little change seems to break everything, and you have to painstakingly then go through and change everything.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Also since some of you are confused the formations on the summary are at the end of the match and thus typically include 3 subs and do not alwayd reflect the last in game formation that was used

antohan

Also since some of you are confused the formations on the summary are at the end of the match and thus typically include 3 subs and do not alwayd reflect the last in game formation that was used
Oh, that could explain a lot. Early days still, but further into the season it would be interesting to see what the regular XI actually looks like (or the screenshot of the squad stats, which would give a pretty good idea of who is starting and who are the performers/disappointments). By then some will be out of sight, whether up or down, so it would be even more fun/meltdown inducing than the season opener.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I can understand that... I'm still not sure how it takes off both CMs (one being Zidane :houllier:) and a forward and puts two defenders on to end up 6-0-4 (6-1-3 at best).

One favour (and realise you're doing tons already) but when possible, can you include a screenshot of the league table?

Diolch.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
feck knows about comedy Barthez. Probably a fair take on a teenage Scholes though - Fergie didn't give him 30 league games a season until he was 24.
funny thing is, i intentally picked Barthez to ensure VDS is the first keeper:lol:

antohan

@oneniltothearsenal, what's the plan going forward? Are we going week by week or jumping a few months at a time? Maybe screenshot of a month worth of results and team of the month?

Feed the junkies or someone will hack into your computer soon enough. It will probably happen anyway, sooo many things that I find intriguing. Not just my players but stuff like "wasn't Pelé going to win all headers? Is he even playing?".

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
@Macern 6-0!!!

I don't think Ronaldo was even in the starting line-up right? @oneniltothearsenal

FFS My AI isn't playing Scirea. My top 2 picks aren't starting every game..
Scirea and Ronaldo have started every match for you!

I picked the players for Capello's 4-2-3-1. And then he did something totally different. Leaving out arguably my best player in Tom Finney. But he's getting results for now. So what can I say?
Tom Finney has started 2 of 3 matches for you with 2 assists and 1 PoM. He will see plenty of game time for you and is your key player

--

Maybe I should have done pre-game tactics shots because the post game one seems to be confusing everyone.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
@oneniltothearsenal, what's the plan going forward? Are we going week by week or jumping a few months at a time? Maybe screenshot of a month worth of results and team of the month?

Feed the junkies or someone will hack into your computer soon enough. It will probably happen anyway, sooo many things that I find intriguing. Not just my players but stuff like "wasn't Pelé going to win all headers? Is he even playing?".
I will post at least a league table and some players stats every month along with maybe Team and players of the month. I will be doing less and less matches as the season goes on.

In November or so I will start with the full team stats for everyone - although I might just do everyone a formation in a few hours so no one is confused at what the AI is doing.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
@antohan I have no idea why Krol isn't starting in this save. In my test run Cruyff started him most matches so that is a weird anomaly

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Agree

@Edgar Allan Pillow most games are 0-0s, 1-0s etc. typically. Honestly, it looks like the AI doesn't know what to do with all the incredible attackers.
Strangely I found the test run where I simmed all games there was less scoring overall.

antohan

@antohan I have no idea why Krol isn't starting in this save. In my test run Cruyff started him most matches so that is a weird anomaly
:mad: Was I doing better with him? Probably not as it seems my defence is fine but my attack has no teeth (or I'm not shooting much because the Pep-loving shits are trying to pass the ball into the net).

antohan

Strangely I found the test run where I simmed all games there was less scoring overall.
Maybe the rivalry and fan profile effect? That's the only thing that changed. Hopefully not as it would be absurd for such a random ill-judged factor to affect proceedings.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I have no idea why this game is so popular. I find this absurd with AI playing players out of position, rigid tactics and overall chaotic approach.
Though imperfect, it's the closest you can get to a decent management sim, tbh.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
@oneniltothearsenal there's a setting to change matchdays to Wednesdays and Saturdays in Preferences once you've already started the game, if you haven't tried it already.

antohan

Would it be possible to pm him this if you did as I don't want to know. Cheers
Same here. Would like to know eventually if things worked out better with Krol, but no spoilers!

When is the next update? Are we now trapped in a GoT dynamic whereby we get a few tidbits then have to wait another year?

UPDATE 1.5 - END SEPT

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
MINI-UPDATE 1.5 FINISHING SEPTEMBER

A few matches from last night that I simmed. And catching up with Sept. overall stats.

AltoPillow vs @Tuppet

After setting up Lefter early, Cruijff scored an 80th minute match winning goal to beat Tuppet 2-1. Received a beautiful pass from Lefter and dribbled right around Jonquet before making keeper go one way and scoring in the near corner.

Macern-MobyRaees

Difference in a fairly even battle was Butragueno who took his chances clinically. 3-1win for Macern

BeforeKeane vs. 2mufc0

To be honest I don’t remember much as I simmed this before I went to sleep except it was a cagey tight affair. I do remember Van Basten scored a great fox in the box goal. Then Garrincha countered with some mazy run and speculative shot that rocketed in. After that not sure....

Mazhar vs. Simonhch

Showing the preview and a finish screen on this one. Denis Law was again Maz’ best player although Sacchi seems to be struggling. Tom Finney was in good form despite apparent rumors of him not being involved enough for the fans.

Match Preview

Match Result

Harms vs. anto

Anto is making a bid to keep pace with Skizzo while harms, odds on to be in CL slots, wants a win here. Krol is again upset to be left in the stands after Cruyff promised to grant him playing time. However Cruyff seems unperturbed. Van Hanegem also sits on the bench in sadness watching Andreolo spark a play leading to a Alberto Spencer goal.

Match Preview

Match Result

NM vs Adjudicator

Guttman had been accused by some in the media of being overly offensive and perhaps not up to the task. Adjudicator has been surprising some punters with Kubala and van Himst developing a good understanding.

Formation Preview Style

Team of the Month: Skizzonito

4 wins from 4 matches makes this an easy choice. Swatting aside all their opponents they are looking like the new betting favorites. Skizzonitos boast a potent front four of HIdgekuti, Pedernera, Tirnanic behind Ademir that has proven irresistible.

League Table Sept.28th

Team Stats

Player of the Month: Ronaldo 7 goals, 3 assists

While Ademir sits on 8 goals, those were more team goals than Ronaldo’s. Ronaldo’s runs have been the difference maker in NM outgunning their opponents and them being Man City.

Player Stats-Sept. 28th

The Wounded

I’ts always sad when a team is wrecked by injuries. Even among these gladiators no one is immune. Sjor has the most injuries but at least they are shorter while tuppet’s three injuries are longer. The single most damaging injury though is probably @Macern losing Paolo Maldini for 3-4 months :(

Team of the Week

Last edited: