Gaming FM2017 Football Legends - Classic Player Draft - S2 Holiday Updates

Should I allow Managers/Clubs to make transfer every summer or should I lock in the teams drafted fo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Macern

Pee pee pants
I still can't figure out how to change team colors so if @Macern @spontaneus1 @RedTiger have any ideas let me know otherwise you will all be the same colors. Sorry
When you're editing a club there's a menu on the left. Details, ownership, stadium, economy etc, right?
If you scroll down a bit you'll see kits and colors. It's just above players and staff.

The kits screen is a bit messy, but there are three large color stripes close to the bottom right corner where you can edit team colors.

SEASON 1 PREVIEW UPDATE

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
PRE-SEASON PREVIEW MINI-UPDATE .5

The Redcafe Legends season is finally here.

I give you a teaser update with this season preview.

Despite everyone having equal access to all the greatest players in history, the AI oddsmakers do not see all your squads as equals. Whether that means some of you just suck at drafting or the loan sharks are just looking to fool the punters by underrating some of you lot I do not know. But I do know this will be an exciting season. For some of you at least.

Tuppet is the oddsmakers favorite at 4-1. Harms is second favorite at 9-2 and Igor is the third choice at 5-1. The Skizzonito co-owners round at the expected Champions League slots at 11-2.

Five clubs share the embarrassment of being listed as 1000-1 long shots despite their GOAT in position players. Sjor, PNut, Adjudicator, Spontaneous and B4Keane should all be lucky there is no relegation here.

From a quick glance one thing the 1000-1 teams have in common is a lower average age of their players than the favorites. Can’t win with kids I suppose.

Another interesting preview is the Media Dream XI. Somewhow Sarosi is picked in the Dream XI as a centre back, right next to der Kaiser. Will be interesting to see if that is accurate or the media AI is drunk.

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Oh and just for the record I still couldn't change the logo colors but I did change all your kits to your selected colors at least thanks to Macern

Skizzo

Also if any rivalry wants to have a named Derby and have me try to summarize a match let me know (I'm not doing that for every rivalry since you lot all picked so many!).

But I do have the:

Orange is the New Black Derby - @harms vs @Skizzo @Joga Bonito

The Mustard Derby - @Edgar Allan Pillow @altodevil86 vs. SkizzOnito
Hopefully we can give Harms a better rivalry in this experiment than I did in the other. It was a rather one sided affair in the end I think.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Hopefully we can give Harms a better rivalry in this experiment than I did in the other. It was a rather one sided affair in the end I think.
First you have the first edition of the Mustard Derby which just happened to land on Matchday 1.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The odds seem correlated with age (fair enough) but there seems to be also a distinct bias towards Europe-based players. The XI is all European if we take ADS as a Spaniard at Real. That probably affects player valuations and odds while hopefully it doesn't mean South Americans will struggle to adapt and hit the ground running (else @Moby/@Raees and I are fecked).

Moby

Dick
The odds seem correlated with age (fair enough) but there seems to be also a distinct bias towards Europe-based players. The XI is all European if we take ADS as a Spaniard at Real. That probably affects player valuations and odds while hopefully it doesn't mean South Americans will struggle to adapt and hit the ground running (else @Moby and I are fecked).
:lol: Yeah definitely.

Don't think I've ever seen that in FM tho. In fact SAM players are usually OP as they invariably seem to have top technical stats.

I think it has to do with this being a "Media" Dream Team and the newspaper/magazine could be a European one. Not much to bother with I think.

Season 1 Sept1 Update

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports

Sept.1 Update

One thing I could not prevent was several people going out on loans. This does make sense though as some of the 17-18 years stars to be won’t get much playing time yet and they can develop out on loan. Here is a list of the loans as of Sept.1. If anyone wants me to cancel the loan I will do this however:

Kaka, David Luiz and Diego Godin are on loan.

I will summarize a few of the important matches and named Derbies over the season but only in this first update will I do so many matches in one week. I anticipate doing different types of updates throughout just to keep it more interesting for me. When we get further in the season, stats and summaries will become more interesting than this style.

But for now:

@Invictus @Ecstatic vs @2mufc0. A brace from Puskas put Invicstatic out to 2-0 lead. But late in the second, Van Basten and Keegan combined to bring it back to 2-2. Van Basten fought in the box for the first goal with Figueroa, the ball popped loose and Keegan pounced for a goal. The second comeback goal saw Van Basten receive and pass and lead Keegan with a perfect through pass. Keegan, chased by FOUR of the Invictic defenders still managed to slot a shot into the corner. Here is how the match ended:

Fortunately the first matchday also gives us the first edition of The Mustard Derby. @Edgar Allan Pillow @altodevil86 @Skizzo @Joga Bonito And it was one of the best matches of the first week. Clough is starting Johan Cruijff and Lefter (Not even trying with his last name) in a flat 442. This was a crazy match. I won’t try to put much suspense here as the reality is Lobanovskyi’s side pressed Clough off the pitch. Also the front three of Ademir, Pedernera, Tirnanic (before he got injured) and Hidegkuti just played some brilliant football. One positive for Edgar was Cruyff getting a hat trick. One of the higher scoring matches by a margin:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
An interesting tactical battle was Trap’s 352 for @Gio against @P-Nut0712 Guardiola side. Star wingers Best and Czibor lead the side for Pnut. Trap has Matthaus, Monti and Rivera in midfield with Vukas and Eusebio as striking pair. Zoltan scored in the first minute putting PNut out to a great start. But Eusebio created a goal for Bernard Vukas and brought it back. Then before the half Eusebio scored one himself to put Gio into the lead. However Guardiola got his team organized for the second half and Hugo Sanchez brought it back to even at 2-2 with an aggressive poacher’s goal. Who wins?

@RedTiger / @Enigma_87 against @ADJUDICATOR is the next match up. Adjudicator if we remember was a 1000-1 long shot. Paul van Himst started this match with a fantastic goal. But late in the 1st half Pele drove through the center of the defense and layed it off to Dzajic for a goal to bring it back even.This one was close all the way through but eventually won by:

@Igor vs @NM. Interesting tactical battle and one of my favorite matches so far. Guttman going with an attacking 424 that looks one of the most swashbuckling of all the sides. While Igor is steady with Munoz recreating his Real side of the 1950s but instead of Di Stefano, Igor is sporting Di Stefano’s old mentor, Juan Manuel Moreno. Di Stefano credited Moreno with teaching him how to be a tough bad arse on the pitch when at River together. It will be interesting to see how Munoz uses Juan Manuel Moreno over the season:

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
@harms vs @Gio
An interesting set of players was given to Udo Lattek by harms. Lattek has selected Di Stefano and Netto in a midfield three in front of holding mid Segato. This platform supports an early 20th century all star front three of Arsenio Erico, Zizinho and Stanley Matthews. This match had some fireworks. Beara saved a penalty for Gio from Erico but that was already after Matthews and Di Stefano put harms 1-0 up.

@antohan vs. @Tuppet
Here we see the betting favorite, Tuppet with Helenio Herrera this match up against Anto’s Cruijffian collage led by Fritz Walter and Alberto Spencer with Rijkaard and Andreolo marshaling the midfield. Herrera's selection is led By Yashin in goal with Bican at Striker, Schiaffino behind him and Kopa on one side with Hanappi and Pirri in midfield. Interestingly, this match both managers have opted for 4231s (just as a reminder, while I gave every manager the owner’s preferred choice, each manager still has 3 other situational formations). Before the match it looked like a 343 vs a 433 yet both switched here.

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
@P-Nut0712 and his Guardiola side against @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson Rinus Michels side. An interesting match from the total footballing tradition. Rinus is ambitiously starting 3 playmakers in midfield with Zidane and Giresse as his CMs with Michael Laudrup as AMC. By comparison Guaridola’s midfield of Verrati-Veron-Redondo looks defensive! Still not sure why Pep is prefering Hugo Sanchez over Batistuta and Baggio. Maybe it’s the older age/more developed factor.

Change of style here for the stats, I missed a few matches and have to use different screens to review for some:

@Moby and @Raees have selected a side for Matt Busby that stars Rivelino, Falcao and Danny Blanchflower this match with Kocsis leading the line against @NM Guttman’s 424. Midfield battle here is Pluskal, Blanchflower and Falcao against Didi and Tardelli. This was also one of my favorite matches to watch from both sides.

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Our next match is @Edgar Allan Pillow Pillow @altodevil86 against his favorite formation with @simonhch side. Capello seems to have a selected an Edgar-ish 41311 that looks like a Xmas tree. After a tough defeat in the Mustard Derby, the Full Kit Wankers need to bounce back here. Its sad to see Rummenigge, Stoichkov and Shevchenko all on the bench in favor of Lefter (not even going to try to spell the name).

The final match I have time for in this update before the transfer window closes sees the betting favorite Tuppet against Sjor Bepo’s side Sjor Bepo. Alex Ferguson marshalls Sjor’s side with Bergkamp and Uwe Seeler flanked by Henrik Larsson on one side and Eddie Gray on the other.

For some reason @mazhar13 and @Macern have only played 1 game and it wasagainst each other which the game didn’t save stats for sadly. So I will do a match report for both of them and @spontaneus1 who I also missed somehow in a mini update before the next bigger update in a different style.

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
One thing I noticed is so far some of the matches I have watched seemed much higher scoring than the test sims I did where I didn't really watch more than one or two matches in 4 years (usually CL matches involving the Redcafe Legend teams). Not sure if watching somehow influences things but so far its Schrodinger's Matches for me.

@mazhar13 gave Arrigo a great side to work with. Muller and Law lead the line with as his no.10 in a 4312. @Igor Drefljak started this matched with an early goal from Meazza but Sacchi’s sider quickly fought back with Law muscling Billy Liddel into scoring an own goal from a corner. This is setting up to be a battle of Law vs Meazza in who can influence the match more. The media is again off base however. They picked Gurd Muller from Maz and Clockwork Ocwirk of Igor to be the key players but both had disappointing matches and this one was decided elsewhere.

While the media nubheads selected Sarosi as a CB, at least @Macern Bill Paisley is starting Sarosi in midfield. With Ronaldinho and Boniek on the flanks and Dixie dean leading the line hopefuly Macern gets into gear against this fast paced NM Guttman creation.

For the final match report. We finally get to see Spontaneous and Hitzfeld’s 3412 against the @Skizzo @joga Orange Crush. Hitzfeld has Diego Maradona in his arsenal with Bremner and Sammer behind him. With Carlos Alberto and Cabrini as Hitzfeld’s wingbacks this makes an interesting tactical battle for Lobanovskyi’s Beckenbauer spiked mixture. Duncan Edwards and Valentino Mazzola were selected in midfield for this one with Beckenbauer leading the Skizzonito defense.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
While the media nubheads selected Sarosi as a CB, at least @Macern Bill Paisley is starting Sarosi in midfield. With Ronaldinho and Boniek on the flanks and Dixie dean leading the line hopefuly Macern gets into gear against this fast paced @NM Guttman creation. Sorry Macern but this was just il fenomeno at his best. He looked unstoppable this match with 3 goals and 2 assist

For the final match report. We finally get to see @spontaneus1 Hitzfeld’s 3412 against the @Skizzo @Joga Bonito Orange Crush. Hitzfeld has Diego Maradona in his arsenal with Bremner and Sammer behind him. With Carlos Alberto and Cabrini as Hitzfeld’s wingbacks this makes an interesting tactical battle for Lobanovskyi’s Beckenbauer spiked mixture. Duncan Edwards and Valentino Mazzola were selected in midfield for this one with Beckenbauer leading the Skizzonito defense. Skizzonito is already looking like a favorite so Diego needs to bring his best game

Thanks @Ecstatic and @Skizzo appreciate it.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
so next update (might not be until Thursday) will contain some more matches and general overviews as I finish out September and maybe early October.
When I get into November I will start doing individual team profiles and stats but I want sample size to be a bit larger first.

For now Skizzonito looks like the team to beat with Antohan following in second.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Cheers for the update @oneniltothearsenal typically I come last in fm experiments so a one nil loss will do!
I was really cheering for you to beat them that match! It was close. In fact, Klinsman had a shot that might have been a goal if there was VAR in the match. To me, it looked over the line. It is possible that @Skizzo and @Joga Bonito are paying off the refs. I will have to look into this.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Christ thought we changed Cloughie formation to 4-1-2-3 wide lol. Bloody 442

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Excellent @oneniltothearsenal .... nice to see "total football" entertains which is exactly why I picked the players I did (1-0's? :nono:.... pfffft, you might as well support Arsenal!)

When you get chance/next update, is there a way of seeing a league table?

@P-Nut0712 .... great game between two great sides? :)

Media Team XI : knew I was wasting my time with Garrincha when I should have gone for Strachan.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Fantastic first update @oneniltothearsenal , hope this goes the whiile way. might be better to change the mini league table showing to something else though :wenger:

1000-1 though ffs :lol:. Great start for Robson and company.